Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Non-Charlton January Transfers 2018 Thread (Deadline Day Page 6)

Comments

• Options
    They should go for Insigne... doubt he would leave napoli though.
  • Options
    Sanchez moving to Liverpool would be a side step from Arsenal. Their prospects at the moment are very similar.

If Sanchez wants to leave Arsenal, then it will be to win trophies, so likely to be one of the top European sides or Man City.
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Sanchez moving to Liverpool would be a side step from Arsenal. Their prospects at the moment are very similar.

If Sanchez wants to leave Arsenal, then it will be to win trophies, so likely to be one of the top European sides or Man City.

I think he will end up at Juve when Dybala gets signed for a billion pounds.
  • Options

Hmmm, I don't see how getting another striker solves the loss of the PL's best midfielder for Liverpool.

At age 29, Sanchez is no spring chicken and why pay £50M for someone just a few months away from becoming a "free?" I have not heard any rumors about a transfer with him, so people are not beating down Arsenal's door for Alexis. 7 goals in 19matches in 2017-18 is okay but not mind-blowing.

Sanchez can play CAM
    Go 4-2-3-1
    Salah-Sanchez-Mane
    Firmino
    Sounds good to me.

Man City been linked with him,
    If liverpool wait till summer chances are the will be up against a few other clubs.

They have the money, get the deal done before City do, it will please the fans and Arsenal get a decent amount for someone they are about to lose for free
    Win Win
    You are forgetting one very important factor here..........Sanchez won't want to sign for Liverpool. Why would he leave Arsenal for Liverpool?

He wants to win trophies, hence why he'll likely sign for City and failing that, PSG or Juve.
  • Options
    Mahrez to Liverpool is why I have heard.
  • Options
    That would be a smart replacement for Coutinho.
  • Options
    If i was Klopp i'd be looking to buy:

Mahrez
    Draxler
    Goretzka (although he'll probably sign for Bayern)
    A goalkeeper (i see they've been linked with the Roma keeper but i'd go for Butland)

If they could sign those 4 then they'd unquestionably be a much stronger side and likely still have money left over from the Coutinho sale.
  • Options

Mahrez
    Draxler
    A goalkeeper (i see they've been linked with the Roma keeper but i'd go for Butland)

If they could sign those 4 then they'd unquestionably be a much stronger side and likely still have money left over from the Coutinho sale.

They've already spent half of it on Van Djik... And how do you expect to Play Draxler, Mahrez, Salah, Mane and Llalana?
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

They've already spent half of it on Van Djik... And how do you expect to Play Draxler, Mahrez, Salah, Mane and Llalana?
    They have also got a deal in place to sign Naby Keita (if only it was Sarr) for £48m in the summer . The talk is that that might me brought forward to now with the addition of a few more million on the transfer fee.
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

I'd be surprised if the van Dijk fee came out of the Coutinho money.

Liverpool's net spend over the past 4 years is just over 80m. If you add in the van Dijk and Coutinho deals, they're almost at break even on transfers. Given the amount of money they make, i'm sure they could've easily afforded van Dijk.

And my point was about making them stronger. It's a squad game these days, so whilst they might not all play every game, they'd all get more than enough games. How do City play De Bruyne, Silva, Bernardo, Sane and Sterling and yet still want Sanchez?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Liverpool have been very good at selling attacking players for a big profit. Torres, Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho. I guess it helps that they've consistently played attacking football, so their forwards will always get a chance to shine.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Mahrez
    Draxler

Roma keeper is ahead of Ederson in the Brazil ranks so I definitely wouldn’t go for butland.

Butland is good but if you’re looking to compete with the best you want to aim higher.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

Roma keeper is ahead of Ederson in the Brazil ranks so I definitely wouldn’t go for butland.

Butland is good but if you’re looking to compete with the best you want to aim higher.
    I know it sounds a bit football manager but I would break Jon Oblaks release clause and make that the priority. Both their goalies are a shambles and the priority is that back 5. If they got Oblak and another top defender Liverpool could be serious contenders next season
  • Options

dizzee said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

I know it sounds a bit football manager but I would break Jon Oblaks release clause and make that the priority. Both their goalies are a shambles and the priority is that back 5. If they got Oblak and another top defender Liverpool could be serious contenders next season
    Agreed. I read somewhere that they are looking to do that but surely a bigger team than Liverpool will get oblak in.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

Agreed. I read somewhere that they are looking to do that but surely a bigger team than Liverpool will get oblak in.
    You'd think that, but Barca have Ter, Madrid happy with Navas apparently (but also linked with Courtois, I think Juve have a goalie coming through the ranks and they aren't the type to spend big, Bayern have Neuer, Man U De Gea, Chelsea Courtois, City Ederson etc. Not many bigger clubs than Liverpool about and they have the cash
  • Options
    Sanchez going to Man City for £30m this month coming up on my twitter feed
  • Options

dizzee said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

A good shout. From what I've heard that Atleti team are going to be broken up in the summer, so I think that would be a good time.

Kevin Trapp is available for loan. BVB were linked with him last month and it seems Newcastle are linked with him now. Have to think Trapp would improve Liverpool.

Mahrez
    Draxler

I think Goreztka is nailed on to go to Bayern in the summer. Think he's signed a pre-contract and all that.

I'm not sure Mahrez is quite of that level, especially for the money he'd cost.

I think Draxler is a great shout but if I recall correctly, I don't think he wants to leave Paris despite PSG wanting to get him off the wage bill.

Alisson is a great keeper. Currently keeping Ederson out of the Brazil side. As for Butland, I don't think he's of that level yet. His distribution is still thoroughly mediocre and it's very different playing for Birmingham or Stoke than it is playing for Liverpool.
  • Options

dizzee said:

dizzee said:

Mahrez
    Draxler

You'd think that, but Barca have Ter, Madrid happy with Navas apparently (but also linked with Courtois, I think Juve have a goalie coming through the ranks and they aren't the type to spend big, Bayern have Neuer, Man U De Gea, Chelsea Courtois, City Ederson etc. Not many bigger clubs than Liverpool about and they have the cash
    Madrid are about to sign the young spanish goalie Kepa from Bilbao who will take over from Navas as number 1
  • Options
    SKY Sports are saying that Guangzhou Evergrande are in advanced negotations for Aubameyang for €72m
  • Options
    Well Dortmund are giving a trial to Usain Bolt so he's no longer needed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Barnsley get Keiffer Moore for £750k.
  • Options

Liverpool have been very good at selling attacking players for a big profit. Torres, Suarez, Sterling and now Coutinho. I guess it helps that they've consistently played attacking football, so their forwards will always get a chance to shine.

True but it hasn't got them anywhere. They've not won anything.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

BBC says undisclosed.

He must love Yorkshire. Leaves Rotherham (albeit on loan) for Barnsley. I wonder if Mick bigged the place up to him. Can't see any other reason to go there - 2 points off relegation & one of the grimmest places to live. I know they have new owners but I expect we'll be playing them next season. And we aren't getting promoted.
  • Options

True but it hasn't got them anywhere. They've not won anything.
    But then clubs don't have that much power to keep players nowadays, unless you're at the very very top, and Liverpool aren't at that level at the moment
  • Options
    edited January 2018

BBC says undisclosed.
    Perhaps, but the local press closer to the club on a day to day basis says £750k.

In the end what matters is we didn't get him. Guess we did not stand a chance if a Championship club could pay him more. And if we have no money to spend.
  • Options
    West Ham are closing in on Newcastle and England midfielder Jonjo Shelvey, 25, in a £12m deal. (Express)

• Options
    Blackburn look to be signing Adam Armstrong on loan from Newcastle

Its a shame the lad hasn't had a chance under Rafa - Yet at League One level that would be a perfect signing for us!!
  • Options

BBC says undisclosed.

He must love Yorkshire. Leaves Rotherham (albeit on loan) for Barnsley. I wonder if Mick bigged the place up to him. Can't see any other reason to go there - 2 points off relegation & one of the grimmest places to live. I know they have new owners but I expect we'll be playing them next season. And we aren't getting promoted.
    really? and I thought you'd been to Burnley, Blackburn, Middlesbrough to name a few.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Cameron Brannagan (Liverpool youngster) has signed for Oxford United for £200,000,we have needed a central midfielder that can change the game for a very very long time now.How can we not pull off transfers like this and Oxford United can?