Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The bottle thrower

Comments

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Sounds like they could do with a bit of bottle,
    So fair play.

Seriously? You're supporting someone chucking stuff at a Charlton player? Or any player for that matter?
    I don't think he meant it, and I think the reference to it being a millwall Herbert was said in jest.
    We all had the hump yesterday so lets have a chill day today.
  • Options
    I saw the bottle spinning through the air, lid off, showering the fans with beer. It could easily have landed on top of a head of one of us in the covered end. Very dangerous. I had not realised that it hit Naby Sarr. Glad he wasn't hurt. A pay by cash 'customer' would not be easily traced. He was probably pissed and lucky he did not hurt anyone as he would do time for grievous. Idiot.
  • Options

I think the real crime here is that we still have fans buying stuff from within Roland’s club , abstain for the greater good please

Ban him

From what I saw (at a distance) it wasn't a water bottle bought in the ground.
  • Options
    so the bottle so far;

had the cap on

was a coke

had the cap off full of beer

hit some fans in the lower

hit the player directly

could of killed someone but didnt

also there are more comments on "the bottle thrower" than players marks, i do think whenever these things happen fortunately not often, we do get a tad overexcited.
  • Options
    was definitely a green beer bottle. I sit in the front row north lower.
  • Options
    Did the tool get thrown out?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Redhenry said:

was definitely a green beer bottle. I sit in the front row north lower.

Were there 10 of them sitting on the Wall?
  • Options

More importantly. How did he get a bottle top?
    Need to up security on both entry to ground and at food outlets

Tbh you can walk in with lighters, also it’s not the same but last few seasons we have all been throwing lots of stuff on the pitch so can’t have it both ways

Just got woken up at 5.30 by fire alarm in hotel after travelling up from West Country for yesterday’s game. Can’t get back to sleep so a few observations on the incident.
    1. It looked like it just touched on Sarr,s shoulder as he was turning away.
    2. There was a splash of liquid as it fell to turf so no bottle top in place.
    3. Didn’t see point of origin but from my seat in middle of north upper behind goal I thought it came from lower north to the right hand side of the goal but enough people here seem to think north upper and there was a general commotion to my right (H block and to the right) to suggest that some had seen the area from which thrown.
    4. Shortly afterwards a plastic bottle (containing liquid) was thrown from somewhere to the rear of north upper which landed three or four rows in front of me where someone had been sitting seconds previously but had moved to the aisle for better view of the on-pitch incident.
    5. The bottle on pitch was put to one side by a gills player.

Comment: the suggestion that it was a millwall supporter seems incredulous and is seemingly totally without foundation. On the face of it the target did appear to be Saar.

Now 6.15 so going to try and get back to sleep!

Not suggesting you need a trip to Specsavers but Josh Magennis picked the bottle up, emptied it behind the advert panel and dropped it on the ground.
  • Options
    This is an announcement from the CARD secret service division. We are led to believe that an undercover pitch invasion attempt made on Saturday, has caused some fans to go into complete meltdown on Charlton Life. We in the CSSD would like to apologise, and assure you future operations will be less inflamitory. We are currently working on getting a youngster who the club believe is from Arsenal, onto the pitch for the Oldham game. But keep that quiet please.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I think i've probably mentioned it before, but it must have been a long time ago , i went with a mate who was a Liverpool fan , to see Liverpool play at the old Wimbledon.

Hans Segers was in goal for Wimbledon , and someone from the crowd chucked a bottle at him , he picked up the bottle and chucked it straight back into the crowd , nearly hit a completely innocent person, my pants certainly changed colour.

Not quite sure what this adds to the story , but chucking bottles is for mugs, i thought we were past all that.
  • Options
    It could've been me that got hit by the bottle. Very upsetting news
  • Options
    Crusty54 said:

Tbh you can walk in with lighters, also it’s not the same but last few seasons we have all been throwing lots of stuff on the pitch so can’t have it both ways

Just got woken up at 5.30 by fire alarm in hotel after travelling up from West Country for yesterday’s game. Can’t get back to sleep so a few observations on the incident.
    1. It looked like it just touched on Sarr,s shoulder as he was turning away.
    2. There was a splash of liquid as it fell to turf so no bottle top in place.
    3. Didn’t see point of origin but from my seat in middle of north upper behind goal I thought it came from lower north to the right hand side of the goal but enough people here seem to think north upper and there was a general commotion to my right (H block and to the right) to suggest that some had seen the area from which thrown.
    4. Shortly afterwards a plastic bottle (containing liquid) was thrown from somewhere to the rear of north upper which landed three or four rows in front of me where someone had been sitting seconds previously but had moved to the aisle for better view of the on-pitch incident.
    5. The bottle on pitch was put to one side by a gills player.

Comment: the suggestion that it was a millwall supporter seems incredulous and is seemingly totally without foundation. On the face of it the target did appear to be Saar.

Now 6.15 so going to try and get back to sleep!

Not suggesting you need a trip to Specsavers but Josh Magennis picked the bottle up, emptied it behind the advert panel and dropped it on the ground.
    Fair play, maybe the gills player put something from the medics over the line and not the offending item?

And yes, this is from a Specsavers customer who once when heading to the local store in Exeter mistakenly went into the mobile phone shop next door where the assistant to my great surprise passed on the opportunity to use the famous line when it was all set up for him.
  • Options

Get real ! Is this the biggest issue of the day ? What is this the daily mail.

Are we only allowed to discuss one thing ?

A 'Charlton fan' threw a bottle at one of our own players and hit him. Could easily hit any fan on the way. Can't think of much worse to be honest.
    Running over a players' dog.

• Options
    wow --past deeds and all that ---i have to fess up that i once threw a cheese roll at a player, not only that it had been in my bag all day and shamefully didnt have Branston in it !! maybe the first case of chemical war fare at The Valley ( 1977 ish) --- i cant remember if i checked out the players skin pigment before i threw it ? i doubt i did.

then there was the shameful case of the snowball (which was white) or the coffee(which was black)

As court case said "just a wrong un "
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

wow --past deeds and all that ---i have to fess up that i once threw a cheese roll at a player, not only that it had been in my bag all day and shamefully didnt have Branston in it !! maybe the first case of chemical war fare at The Valley ( 1977 ish) --- i cant remember if i checked out the players skin pigment before i threw it ? i doubt i did.

then there was the shameful case of the snowball (which was white) or the coffee(which was black)

As court case said "just a wrong un "

The big question is was it vegetarian cheese?
  • Options

A 'Charlton fan' threw a bottle at one of our own players and hit him. Could easily hit any fan on the way. Can't think of much worse to be honest.

Good one

I'd also imagine gang rape to be worse
  • Options

Good one

after running it over or before?
    Brilliant!
  • Options

Someone threw a tool as well?
    ffs.

Thats a bit much,saw the bottle being thrown but cant say i saw a millwall fan flying through the air?!
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Good one

I think you've won this, especially if you're referring to the player's dog.
  • Options
    BottleGate

what is important ? Is the description.
    colour/shade/big/ small/male /female/beard/lipstick /hat/skirt/jeans/glasses/bald/wig/mullet/Fat/Slim/coat/Jumper/tattoo/ Roman nose/scars/birth marks/of the bottle thrower.

The player's description is less Important.

• Options

so the bottle so far;

had the cap on

was a coke

had the cap off full of beer

hit some fans in the lower

hit the player directly

could of killed someone but didnt

also there are more comments on "the bottle thrower" Scarlett Pimpernel than players marks, i do think whenever these things happen fortunately not often, we do get a tad overexcited.

Seriously though, Piss poor behaviour and no need at all. We are all annoyed but act like a grown up.
  • Options

I think i've probably mentioned it before, but it must have been a long time ago , i went with a mate who was a Liverpool fan , to see Liverpool play at the old Wimbledon.

Hans Segers was in goal for Wimbledon , and someone from the crowd chucked a bottle at him , he picked up the bottle and chucked it straight back into the crowd , nearly hit a completely innocent person, my pants certainly changed colour.

Not quite sure what this adds to the story , but chucking bottles is for mugs, i thought we were past all that.

To be fair, had someone in a red shirt thrown it back its fair to say everyone in The Covered End would have been pretty safe. Although it could have gone through @harveys_gardener feckin window. ;)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

To be fair, had someone in a red shirt thrown it back its fair to say everyone in The Covered End would have been pretty safe. Although it could have gone through @harveys_gardener feckin window. ;)
    Disagree. The players are masters at throwing stuff away.