Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The bottle thrower

Comments

• It was plastic and almost full. Incredibly dangerous.

Quite dangerous......incredibly dangerous would be something like a handgrenade.
    Not trying to minimise what the stupid twat did but let’s keep the OTT descriptions at a sensible level......dangerous yes, incredibly dangerous no.
    I'll stick with 'Incredibly'.
  • It was plastic and almost full. Incredibly dangerous.

Quite dangerous......incredibly dangerous would be something like a handgrenade.
    Not trying to minimise what the stupid twat did but let’s keep the OTT descriptions at a sensible level......dangerous yes, incredibly dangerous no.
    I'll stick with 'Incredibly'.
    You do that.
  • To be fair, during the protest at home to Boro’, I managed to hit the crossbar from the upper north with a ball. Me and my mate were buzzing..
  • Sponsored links:

• Was it a plastic bottle, or glass?
  • Saw it land on the ground near Sarr, the ref and an injured Gills player. Didn't think it hit Sarr.
    Couldn't see from the Covered End but saw others pointing and chanting "throw him out".

Was he arrested? Was he identified?
  • It definitely clipped Sarr, no idea if they got who it was but no doubt CCTV will pick them up.
  • From the N Upper, hit Sarr on the shoulder.

Not acceptable, hope and I am sure he will be rightfully punished - but bloody hell. Good shot sir.
  • Sponsored links:

• Saw it land on the ground near Sarr, the ref and an injured Gills player. Didn't think it hit Sarr.
    Couldn't see from the Covered End but saw others pointing and chanting "throw him out".

Was he arrested? Was he identified?

No and no because that would be grassing and football fans don't grass...... Yawn!

• sam3110 said:

Whoever it was, what a muggy, cowardly they are.

I'd love to see them square to a 6'5" athletic black man in real life, would probably shit themselves

what the fuck has that got to do with the price of fish?
    because it nearly hit Sarr?
    So if it had nearly hit a white player would it have been necessary to say he'd like to see them "square to" a big white man?

Massive fair point. In trying to point out what the original poster must have meant I totally missed this. And I thought I was PC. If it had been somthing about mental health I'd have got straight on my soap box. Note to self: don't get straight on soap box.
  • Carter said:

There's no over reaction here, happened right in front of me. It was pretty much full and travelling from the North upper down to the pitch could have really hurt someone. If it had hit one of my pals or me I'd have been fuming.

What did annoy me is the lack of anything from the stewards. What on earth are the fat heads there for if not to deal with shit like that

Unless someone identified him or he was picked out on CCTV what could the stewards have done.

I hope someone sitting nearby rings the club and gives a description and/or seat number.

If the perpetrator had any decency he do it himself before he gets a knock on the door.
  • Didn't see the incident but saw & heard a bit of commotion in the North Upper during the 2nd half - is this what you are referring to ?? Did they get the geezer that did it ???
  • Carter said:

There's no over reaction here, happened right in front of me. It was pretty much full and travelling from the North upper down to the pitch could have really hurt someone. If it had hit one of my pals or me I'd have been fuming.

What did annoy me is the lack of anything from the stewards. What on earth are the fat heads there for if not to deal with shit like that

Unless someone identified him or he was picked out on CCTV what could the stewards have done.

I hope someone sitting nearby rings the club and gives a description and/or seat number.

If the perpetrator had any decency he do it himself before he gets a knock on the door.
    There was loads of people pointing and shouting chuck him out, the stewards who stands where Moses always stood. I asked the stewards stood on the concourse if that was allowed now and had the usual level of dialogue with Charlton stewards. They said it would have been on camera so they won't do anything. Fucking fair enough, I'll remember that next time they throw someone down the stairs for saying a rude word too loud or for standing in the wrong seat in the notoriously packed Valley
  • Sounds like they could do with a bit of bottle,
    So fair play.

No its not fair play
    If it was Millwall we would all be saying typical Millwall

Under no circumstances should things be thrown at players from the crowd.

I hope whoever did it is caught and banned

Get real ! Is this the biggest issue of the day ? What is this the daily mail.

Are we only allowed to discuss one thing ?

A 'Charlton fan' threw a bottle at one of our own players and hit him. Could easily hit any fan on the way. Can't think of much worse to be honest.
    Thanks to the two of you for making calm, concise points. There is no need and no excuse for this. End of.
  • The area the bottle was aimed at wascrowded with their players and the bottle hit Sarr who was the only Charlton player in that area, and I bet it hurt.

The crowd around us started singing chuck him out and wanker. No idea if they did or not.

Stupid and dangerous and a bit lucky it hit a very fit and strong man. May not be the end of the matter. Maybe a bit lucky it hit Sarr and not one of theirs as they would no doubt have reported it to the ref.