Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks: Charlton v Gillingham

13»

Comments

• Amos: 6
    Konsa: 5 looks like he's losing confidence or is his mind distracted with a possible move away?
    Sarr: 4 better second half but by then the damage had already been done by his poor positional play.
    Lennon: 4 very average. both him and sarr struggled with Evans. desperate for a bit of experience at the back instead of these two.
    DaSilva: 6.5 gave the ball away at times (one which then led to a goal) but still showed his class especially moving forward.
    Kashi: 5.5 never moves forward with the ball when in space. sideways passer which slows any momentum in the attack. improved when aribo joined him.
    Marshall: 5.5 anonymous first half. better second half with a couple of decent crosses but still cant work out why he never uses his pace. strange sort of winger. never beats his man.
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 some crunching tackles. our best player in the first half. then because robinson brings a player back too soon they get injured again. didn't even need to bring back cos aribo should of started.
    Reeves: 2 shocking. lightweight. KR's 'missing link'... good gawd.
    Holmes: 5 tried but nothing came off for him. he's lost his touch, ball control poor. passes over hit and crosses under hit.
    Maginnes: 4 since N.Ireland exit his form have been extremely poor. improved slightly in second half when Best then KAG joined him.
    Aribo: 7 MOM started to close that space between the forwards and the midfield. could of had at least another goal if he shot first time.
    Ahearne-Grant: 5 runs around, one good cross but no real threat.

Best: feel sorry for the guy about the injury but he should of scored with his first chance (handball chance, ref seem to let it go) instead he blazed it over the bar.

Karl Robinson: seems a nice bloke but everyone can see his system isn't working. why cant he see that? instead of blaming injuries (not helped when he brings players back too soon) and refereeing decisions. results and performances don't lie - he should rightly worry for his job if he continues to play this failed system. second bottom after bury on the form.
  • Amos:6 Good save in 2nd minute. good league 1 keeper.
    Konsa:5 remind me of the match when he was worth 5 million ?
    Sarr:5 poor 1st half, decent 2nd half
    Lennon:5 still getting up to pace.
    DaSilva:6.5 kept trying despite the scoreline.
    Kashi:6.5 battled away.
    Marshall:6.5 good 2nd half.
    Forster-Caskey:4.5 off the pace and injured himself with foul.
    Reeves:4.5 just can't impose himself on a game.
    Holmes:6 looking knackered but never threw the towel in.
    Maginnes:4.5 his season is imploding. had to score with that header.
    Aribo:7 Why didn't he start, has the same tricks as Fosu.
    Ahearne-Grant:6 playing with energy and upped the pace with Aribo.

Best, cameo 2 minutes before becoming the new sicknote.
  • iFollow

Amos: 7
    Konsa: 6
    Sarr: 6.5
    Lennon: 5
    DaSilva: 7
    Kashi: 6
    Marshall: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Reeves: 4
    Holmes: 6.5
    Maginnes: 6.5
    Aribo: 8
    Ahearne-Grant:7.5

Will try to do a little write up later
  • Amos: 6 - couple of good moments.
    Konsa: 3 - went walkies AGAIN, Sarr has to cover him all match.
    Sarr: 5 - played on the wrong side of the back 2, Lennon and Konsa stitched him right up.
    Lennon: 1 - Worst defensive show i remember in a Charlton shirt. Picking up players, holding the line, awareness of his team...everything really, SHAMBLES!!!!!!!!
    DaSilva: 6 - Done ok
    Kashi: 6 - Glad to have him back
    Marshall: 6 - good 2nd half
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5 - not great
    Reeves: 4 - lost it every time he touched it.
    Holmes: 5 - pass it mate.
    Maginnes: 6- battled hard
    Aribo: 7 - made the difference
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 - looked good in the center.

Leon Best- Gutted for him. Looked really sharp when he got on.
  • Amos: 7
    Sarr: 5
    Lennon: 6
    DaSilva: 6
    Marshall: 6
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Reeves: 5
    Holmes: 7
    Maginnes: 6
    Aribo: 7
    Ahearne-Grant: 7
    Best: n/a
  • Kap10 said:

1StevieG said:

Amos: 6 Great save early on which indicated how bad we would for that first half.
    Konsa: 6 Couple Of mistakes but playimg out of position.
    Sarr: 6 Should have done better dealing with Eaves before he put the cross in for the first goal.
    Lennon: 5.5 Damage was already done by the time he came on.
    DaSilva: 6.5 probably one of our best players. And he is not ours.
    Kashi: 5.5 Great going sideways but not the player he used to be.
    Marshall: 5.5 Gave the ball away that led to their first. Probably put 2 decent balls into the box. Not good enough.
    Forster-Caskey: 5 When he brought down Eaves after failing to control the ball you knew he was not fit.
    Reeves: 5 His contribution was less than the square root of a jam tart.
    Holmes: 6 Tried his best, some poor delivery and one corner that led to Konsa scoring. Where is the Holmes of old?
    Magennis: 5.5 Unlucky with header looping off the bar. Not winning his usual amount of headers but didn’t get much service. Where is the Magennis of old?
    Aribo: 6.5 Could have got more than the goal he scored. Why did he not start?
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 looked lively when he came on and was decent running at the defence unlike the first half where we knock it sideways, get it wide and fuck it up.

Might want to look at your Lennon and Holmes comments.
    Sorry I was probably thinking of someone else when I typed out Lennon comments but not sure what was wrong with Holmes comment???
  • Amos: 6.5
    Konsa: 5.5
    Sarr: 4
    Lennon: 4
    Marshall: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Reeves: 4
    Holmes: 7
    Maginnes: 3
    Aribo: 7.5 MOM
  • 1StevieG said:

Kap10 said:

1StevieG said:

Amos: 6 Great save early on which indicated how bad we would for that first half.
    Sarr: 6 Should have done better dealing with Eaves before he put the cross in for the first goal.
    Marshall: 5.5 Gave the ball away that led to their first. Probably put 2 decent balls into the box. Not good enough.
    Forster-Caskey: 5 When he brought down Eaves after failing to control the ball you knew he was not fit.
    Holmes: 6 Tried his best, some poor delivery and one corner that led to Konsa scoring. Where is the Holmes of old?
    Magennis: 5.5 Unlucky with header looping off the bar. Not winning his usual amount of headers but didn’t get much service. Where is the Magennis of old?
    Ahearne-Grant: 6 looked lively when he came on and was decent running at the defence unlike the first half where we knock it sideways, get it wide and fuck it up.

Sorry I was probably thinking of someone else when I typed out Lennon comments but not sure what was wrong with Holmes comment???
    Konsa didn't score may well have something to do with it :wink:
  • edited January 2018
    Dazzler21 said:

1StevieG said:

Kap10 said:

1StevieG said:

Konsa didn't score may well have something to do with it :wink:
    Ah man I knew it was Aribo not sure why I put Konsa in as the scorer as you can see I mentioned it on Aribos comments...
  • Amos: 7 couldn't be faulted for the goals and made one blinding save
    Konsa, Sarr, Lennon, DaSilva: I'm going to abstain as I couldn't decide who was at fault for the goals
    Kashi: 7
    Marshall: 5 based on averaging 2 for the first half and 8 for the second
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Reeves: 3 presumably there's a footballer in there somewhere but I can't see it; hopefully KR can find it
    Holmes: 6
    Maginnes: 6 had nothing to work with in the first half but didn't set the world alight with what he did have in the second
    Aribo: 8 should he be starting and playing a whole match?
    Best: I'd give him an A for effort for an F for finishing
  • Sponsored links:

• 1StevieG said:

Perhaps more accurately 'by the time he woke up'? You do know he was on from the start, don't you?
  • edited January 2018

1StevieG said:

Perhaps more accurately 'by the time he woke up'? You do know he was on from the start, don't you?
    By the time I woke up as well after that dire first half!!! All these crap first halfs are blending into one.....
  • Amos: 7
    Sarr: 4 playing on rhs did not work
    Lennon: 5
    Kashi: 5
    Marshall: 7. V.good second half
    Forster-Caskey: 6
    Reeves: 3
    Holmes: 6
    Maginnes: 4
    Aribo: 8