Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Jools' Hootenanny

Comments

• Options

Beth Ditto’s a would ya to sort the men from the boys.

Proper sweaty grumble, so a yes from me
  • Options
    Go Ruby........
  • Options

Beth Ditto is a proper would ya without a doubt. One of those women that is so ugly she makes me question my own sexuality. As my father in law would say 'she'd make an ugly bloke'
  • Options
    I always want to punch that dancing clock
  • Options
    Carter said:

Beth Ditto is a proper would ya without a doubt. One of those women that is so ugly she makes me question my own sexuality. As my father in law would say 'she'd make an ugly bloke'
    Probably why she's married to another woman.

But tbh, Gossip are an excellent band
  • Options

Carter said:

Her singing class isn't in question, I assumed she was gay I didn't know she was married. I'll give her props. She has never given a single dollop of shite what me and you think of her appearance
  • Options
    Chic were really enjoyable, not sure about all the people coming on stage though.
  • Options
    What a load of shite on tv tonight... saved by Cards against Humanity.
  • Options
    Anyone else doing the Soul ll Soul backing singers dance routine? My Missus is crying, it's feckin party time.
  • Options
    Carter said:

Carter said:

Her singing class isn't in question, I assumed she was gay I didn't know she was married. I'll give her props. She has never given a single dollop of shite what me and you think of her appearance
    Looking at her wife, reckon Id be right up her strata
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Look at the line ups from about ten years ago and tonight was pretty lame.

Knowing it’s filmed in the summer don’t help
  • Options
    Not everyone’s cup of tea but I enjoyed it.
  • Options
    Jose Felciano and Mavis Staples = great show
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Should have been away with friends for new year but had to cancel, so Jools it was.

I really enjoyed it - and knowing it wasn’t live didn’t affect that.

George McCrae was very good, Mavis Staples just different class and really good to see Jose Feliciano although sadly he doesn’t look a well man.

Vic off his tits was amusing!
  • Options
    Filmed mid October in Maidstone. Peaked last year with Beth Hart.
  • Options
    Carter said:

A few years ago I discovered this is filmed at Maidstone studios in November and I've got to say it has completely tainted Jules for me and his sham hootenany celebration

Agree with that 100%.
  • Options
    Its always a good show - shame i couldnt see it this year (although i'm sure i could if i tried hard enough)
  • Options
    T_C_E said:

Feck me, just read back. Apologies for being a pest last night, I started getting out of order watching the Take That concert on sky and got worse as the night went on according to my good lady. ;)

Think this should be in the “you know when you’re getting old” thread.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

T_C_E said:

Feck me, just read back. Apologies for being a pest last night, I started getting out of order watching the Take That concert on sky and got worse as the night went on according to my good lady. ;)

Think this should be in the “you know when you’re getting old” thread.
    Your not wrong, I think I've put my hip out!
  • Options
    One of my mates went, it was pre-recorded on 29th November, in the studios near Bearsted, in fact it is in a big marquee, also The Beat had to do their song twice as lead singer forgot the words.
  • Options
    If anybody ever thought this was ever live then they are mugs! How much do you think Jools can command for NYE? A lot more than the BBC will pay. Always a great show. I will watch later as I was partying last night.
  • Options

One of my mates went, it was pre-recorded on 29th November, in the studios near Bearsted, in fact it is in a big marquee, also The Beat had to do their song twice as lead singer forgot the words.

Always wondered why Vic Reeves and his missus were on its smashed out of their box each year.
    They live up the road at Lenham I believe
  • Options
    Jools is local too. Then again so is Geldof but he doesn't get invited.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

If anybody ever thought this was ever live then they are mugs! How much do you think Jools can command for NYE? A lot more than the BBC will pay. Always a great show. I will watch later as I was partying last night.

I say this tongue in cheek, it's partly to get reactions like the one you've just given but also to be a bit silly and have a cheap laugh.

It's a great show and I embrace it
  • Options
    Carter said:

Riviera said:

I say this tongue in cheek, it's partly to get reactions like the one you've just given but also to be a bit silly and have a cheap laugh.

Well where was your winky? Whether you were jesting or not there are many who have said the same as your post over the years.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Carter said:

Riviera said:

Well where was your winky? Whether you were jesting or not there are many who have said the same as your post over the years.
    My winky is hiding in my pants currently

It's something a lot of people just assume is attended by luminaries such as Vic Reeves and his wife on the lash, Jo Brand and probably the biggest selling musician of the last 18 months Ed Sheeran. When I found out when it was recorded I was shooting the shit with some bods in my local and they genuinely believed it is shot live on new years eve! I had assumed everyone knew it was pre recorded however I didn't realise how much in advance of December 31st it was
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    I thought it was recorded in August, which probably explains Vic getting plastered, pretending its New Years in August must be a bundle of laughs, bit like us thinking we’re going to make the playoffs after getting a few points on the board!
  • Options
    How many tunes did jules 'improve' by joinging in ?