Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Gillingham match preview

2»

Comments

• Gillingham aren't very good so we'll be lucky to get a point.

I'll be making use of my post-Katrien half-season ticket. You may say I'm a bit premature seeing as Roland's still here but whilst this is not the end I see it as certainly the beginning of the end and it's time for me to claim my Charlton back.
  • Addicks win 2-0 partial new era without KM begins
  • Aribo and KAG rested
  • Nervy 2-1 win.
  • 1-1 draw , waiting for the cavalry to turn up!
  • Ding Dong.
  • Gillingham aren't very good so we'll be lucky to get a point.

I'll be making use of my post-Katrien half-season ticket. You may say I'm a bit premature seeing as Roland's still here but whilst this is not the end I see it as certainly the beginning of the end and it's time for me to claim my Charlton back.

Is it the beginning of the end, the end of the beginning or just the end ?

That's the question on everyone's mind today.

• The problem we have is this is a game where we have to make things happen. We know that Gillingham will try to frustrate us and there is still a big question mark about us breaking teams down. I am going more in hope than expectation but three points today are going to be massive.
  • Sponsored links:

• Gillingham are not a good team but we do struggle to beat them. I hope for a win but I think more likely a draw, 2-2.
  • Looks like I'll have to miss this because of family illness.

I hope we run riot to make me feel even more fed up at missing a match I was looking forward to...
  • got a good feeling today, 2-0.
  • We can’t score
    They can score
    0-2 and a sending off
  • edited January 2018
    Jake Forster-Caskey and Patrick Bauer are hoping to return for the Addicks’ against Gillingham at The Valley, today.

Forster-Caskey has been finalising his rehabilitation from a quad strain while Bauer hopes to have shaken off a sprained ankle.

Another who could make it is Leon Best who trained on New Year's Eve with the rest of the squad and should be in contention after a hamstring problem.

Jason Pearce is not expected to be fit but is aiming for the home game against Oldham Athletic on January 6.

Chris Solly remains out with a calf strain. He is due to start running again this week and, following that, could return to first-team action two or three weeks later.

Tariqe Fosu has begun training outside again but remains around two weeks away from a return to first-team action.

• ross1 said:

Jake Forster-Caskey and Patrick Bauer are hoping to return for the Addicks’ against Gillingham at The Valley, today.

Forster-Caskey has been finalising his rehabilitation from a quad strain while Bauer hopes to have shaken off a sprained ankle.

Another who could make it is Leon Best who trained on New Year's Eve with the rest of the squad and should be in contention after a hamstring problem.

Jason Pearce is not expected to be fit but is aiming for the home game against Oldham Athletic on January 6.

Chris Solly remains out with a calf strain. He is due to start running again this week and, following that, could return to first-team action two or three weeks later.

Tariqe Fosu has begun training outside again but remains around two weeks away from a return to first-team action.

Bauer and JFC returning would provide a HUGE boost. I'd throw Bauer straight back in the team. JFC might need to start on the bench but if we can get them both back today that'd be a big help.
  • Horrendous rain and some terrible driving on the M2.

Hope we get there on time. Never like driving to football but Southeastern.

2-0 Charlton. Got too many Gills fans friends to have them gloating about doing the double over us this year.
  • I wonder if Ventekolele will make a surprise appearance on the bench
  • edited January 2018

Having JFC back is huge. Really big boost for us and hope he has a little something special as he captains the side today as well.

Only downside is having Sarr and Lennon at CB. Wish Bauer would start but it's better not to rush him back than it is for him to get injured again.
  • Looks a very strong side with decent options on the bench, what is happening!!?? Haha
  • Sponsored links:

• Quite a good team but feel sorry for A-G
  • SDAddick said:

Having JFC back is huge. Really big boost for us and hope he has a little something special as he captains the side today as well.

Only downside is having Sarr and Lennon at CB. Wish Bauer would start but it's better not to rush him back than it is for him to get injured again.

To be fair to them Sarr and Lennon played very well together against Wigan.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!