Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton - Post Match Thread

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like the perfect response to the Boxing Day debacle. KR obviously still got the support of the players which bodes well for the 2nd half of the season
  • Options
    Didn't see that result or performance coming. Well done everyone. That KR interview is indeed worth a listen
  • Options
    Well done I predicted 6-0....safe journey home those that went.
  • Options
    He talk a good talk, now let him back that up with a couple of home wins. No pint getting a very good point away to the League leaders only to drop points at home to 2 teams that are struggling. Obviously we wont have any new strikers in time for Gillingham but hopefully , maybe, in time for Oldham........perhaps.

I wasn't at the game, nor did I follow it on a live feed from Outer Mongolia, but mighty praise to the team & management for a hard fought point.

The season starts again on Monday.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Delighted with that hard fought point, especially after four consecutive away defeats in a row before this match.

Listened on Valley Pass and sounded like we managed the game really well.

Hopefully this will do the teams confidence wonders with some winnerable matches coming up. Overall, extremely pleased and shows that we are capable of competing against the best teams in the league.

Finally, I have been backing Blackburn to win the title for the last three months, so even happier that we stopped Wigan getting all three points.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interested to learn from those who saw the game what formation we actually played - the usual 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 or even a 4-5-1?
  • Options
    Very much a 4-5-1
  • Options
    Looked 451 to me.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Very much a 4-5-1

Cheers
  • Options
    Good point - great way to stop the rot.

There are a LOT of games to go - the season is only halfway through.

Get some injured bodies back and some fresh blood - especially up front - and it is still all to play for.
  • Options
    Just seen Robinson on Sky Sports. Although I don't like his formations or his reluctance to change it around, I do admire his honesty & his "love" for the club. They also said that there are believed to be 2 consortiums bidding for us - The Aussie one & a British based one.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Pissed off should’ve won I doubt I will ever see a bookie offer us at 9-1 again in a league match

Could’ve won a small fortune tonight had that come in
  • Options

Just seen Robinson on Sky Sports. Although I don't like his formations or his reluctance to change it around, I do admire his honesty & his "love" for the club. They also said that there are believed to be 2 consortiums bidding for us - The Aussie one & a British based one.

Oh Christ, it's Meire isn't it?
  • Options

Oh Christ, it's Meire isn't it?
    Leading a women-only consortium to turn Charlton into the world's most feminist men's football club! I mean, I'd be banned from CL within two hours with 900 flags, but it's a nice thought ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    An unexpected, but deserved point. Great defensive work, a real gritty away day performance.

Other than a couple of KAG breakaways we posed little attacking threat. We REALLY need to do better with our set plays, our delivery tonight was rubbish.

A shame that we can produce this sort of defensive display against the leaders, but not against more “winnable “ opposition
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Break away was KAG not Kashi wasn't it?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    JamesSeed said:

Break away was KAG not Kashi wasn't it?

Yes, flaming auto correct, duly edited on second reading (plus several typos :wink: )
  • Options
    Absolutely thrilled with a point away at the best team in the league, really need to start scoring goals and beating some of the trash in this league. New owners come in and back Robinson in January and we should be in play offs no problem. Hope they don't sack him because not sure we can get a better manager at this level.
  • Options

Be interested to learn from those who saw the game what formation we actually played - the usual 4-2-3-1 or a 4-3-3 or even a 4-5-1?

1-9-1
  • Options
    Someone explain all those Germans for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @Exiled_Addick also fair play buddy you were right to doubt us negative Nancys. Wish I had your optimism, 24 years of supporting Charlton has made me a nervous wreck
  • Options
    At game
    Wigan weren’t good.
    Defence played well.
    That’s about it.