Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wigan v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Marshall's movement there while Konsa ran forward was clueless. It's hard to watch him
  • Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    8s8 seconds ago
    More
    45+3' Side netting! Danger for Latics, Ahearne-Grant gets in behind down the right, but he lashes his effort into the side netting at the near post. (0-0)

HT 0-0
  • edited December 2017
    HALF TIME | Wigan 0 Charlton 0.

A solid first 45 minutes from the Addicks and we are goalless at the break. #cafc

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DSPbKIEXkAUQQAq.jpg
  • Much better than expected
    COYR
  • Not bad there from Jacko and KAG. CLOSE!!
  • seth plum said:

I have now got the ifollow stream at the cost of $7

How!
    Get on to the Wigan iFollow page

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80337/ifollow#latest
    Can't find the link to get the match pass! Am I being thick?
    Go on to the match centre and it should show “watch match live”
    Hey never came back to say thanks! It wasn't coming up, but I think it was a problem with the VPN I was using. Switched to another one and came in halfway through the first half!
  • KAG is sooooooooooo frustrating
  • That's better. 45 mins done. perhaps KR had finally found Curb's notebook I talked about earlier. Expect a CAFC onslaught in the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• He actually got beyond Burn for once! More of that please. Actually, he's a bit isolated up front. Maybe push someone (Magennis?) up closer to him and then it's perfect
  • Karlan could have controlled it then and should have gone for the far post - Had a lot more time than he must have realised
  • Sofa so good as KM might have said
  • Always thought this wouldn't be a bloodbath btw - although the Wigan win is still slight favourite
  • ross1 said:

Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    8s8 seconds ago
    More
    45+3' Side netting! Danger for Latics, Ahearne-Grant gets in behind down the right, but he lashes his effort into the side netting at the near post. (0-0)

HT 0-0

Said it many times - he's not a striker. A pacey wideman maybe, but doesn't have any composure in front of goal.
  • Better than expected. Respect to KAG for ploughing the loneliest of furrows up front, Magennis is adding bulk to the midfield. Kashi, Marshall and Jacko could all offer more, in the case of Jacko it isn't for the want of trying.
  • Pleased with that. Have contained them pretty well so far. The defence looks 100 times better than the shambolic display in the first half at Southend - they actually look like they know each other this time.
  • Leuth said:

UUUUURGH Karlan's fucking finishing.

Shouldn't he be concentrating on his football?
  • Very Solid. Players working hard for one another. KAG should have scored but his all round play is far more threatening that when Josh up front.

Even those who are anti Marshall must see his contribution in these 45 minutes is impressive?

And finally - these have to be the most uninterested and unmotivated ball boys I have seen. I am sure time was added on to compensate for the walking!
  • need to concentrate straight from the restart.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

Update from the Otto household - I’ve spilt beer on the sofa.... rather than wipe it up I’ve turned the cushion around the other way.

• Boring from both sides. Our game plan is to sit deep and hoof over hit balls to KAG.
  • Leuth said:

Marshall's movement there while Konsa ran forward was clueless. It's hard to watch him

He's so slow to react to everything
  • Boring from both sides. Our game plan is to sit deep and hoof over hit balls to KAG.

I have not paid to see it, so if it ends 0-0 or better, I for one will be happy
  • ross1 said:

Boring from both sides. Our game plan is to sit deep and hoof over hit balls to KAG.

I have not paid to see it, so if it ends 0-0 or better, I for one will be happy
    Lucky you
  • 20 years on and "Lucky Man" is still a tune.
  • SDAddick said:

20 years on and "Lucky Man" is still a tune.

Wigan have one sodding band, but they're a decent one
  • We should play Up The Junction at half time. It'd be the best half-time song in the EFL and it'd also sum us up quite nicely
  • My stream has been on a bit of a delay due to some early technical difficulties so haven't been watching the match thread.

Yeah, good. We've really stifled them. Credit to Marshall and Magennis for doing their doggies. Credit to Karlan for working hard up front despite being isolated. But that chance at the end...you really have to hit target. It was clever to go for the near post but you have to get it on frame.

Kashi had a couple shaky moment but normal service seems to have resumed and he's been good at breaking up play and half of our attacks seem to start with him. The other half with Aribo's lovely, silky, lazy skill.

With his gangliness, his lazy skill, his good technique, and his change of pace that lets him go past players, plus had a couple moments in the first half where he really got stuck in, he does remind me a bit of a young Vieira.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!