Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

Leuth said:

Mark Marshall must never take another set-piece

I'm not sure we have a single player at the club capable of taking a decent corner. Holmes, Reeves, Marshall, JFC, Aribo have all had a go and they have been almost universally terrible this season. JFC probably the best of a bad bunch.
    It would help if we stuck someone on the near post.
  • Options
    Probably this kiss of death, but Sarr has defended really well so far.
  • Options
    Have failed to get ifollow to work.
  • Options
    SSN: Wigan the better team but Charlton playing well and having chances
  • Options
    JJ used to take a great corner
  • Options
    Im impressed with KAGs effort those three goals do seem to have given him confidence of late...

Certainly isnt hiding, looks to get the ball when possible and looks our main chance of scoring today
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    5s5 seconds ago
    More
    36' Lots of posession and patient build-up play, but @CAFCofficial are keeping things compact. Latics yet to find a genuine route through the visiting defence. (0-0)
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I reckon these put in one of their performances of the season at the Valley. We can get something out of this. Best team in the division, but they're in this division for a reason.
  • Options
    Posted at
    37'
    Michael Jacobs (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    37'
    Foul by Ezri Konsa Ngoyo (Charlton Athletic).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Our bus is slowley but surely being parked and its not going to work for long
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    5s5 seconds ago
    More
    38' A couple of excellent deliveries into the area from @NathanByrne_ and @LeeEvans94 down the right side, @NPowell25 got his head to one, but @CAFCofficial expertly defended the second. (0-0)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Leuth said:

Mark Marshall must never take another set-piece

I'm not sure we have a single player at the club capable of taking a decent corner. Holmes, Reeves, Marshall, JFC, Aribo have all had a go and they have been almost universally terrible this season. JFC probably the best of a bad bunch.
    It would help if we stuck someone on the near post.
    I've been saying that all season. If you can't get it past the first man, then put someone in front of him.
  • Options
    Got to push the line up
  • Options
    39'
    Callum Elder (Wigan Athletic) wins a free kick in the defensive half.

Posted at
    39'
    Foul by Johnnie Jackson (Charlton Athletic).
  • Options

Update from the Otto household - I’ve spilt beer on the sofa.... rather than wipe it up I’ve turned the cushion around the other way.

I had a nitemare too. Made a curry from the leftover turkey & get curry all over my top - not just down the front, but on the hem & on the sleeves as well. In the wash now but I don't think it will be wearable out again. Bugger.
  • Options
    41' Five minutes of the half remaining and still goalless here at the DW Stadium.

The Addicks have been keeping things tight, so far. #cafc
  • Options
    I wish I could make this commentary more interesting, but at least I have made my food to my mouth :wink:
  • Options
    42' Good ball from Jackson to find Ahearne-Grant as he raced towards the box, but the youngster can't get the touch to cause damage. #cafc
  • Options

Update from the Otto household - I’ve spilt beer on the sofa.... rather than wipe it up I’ve turned the cushion around the other way.

Better than ripping it all to bits
    Which is what his missus is going to do to him when she discovers spilt beer on the cushion.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    We want boring in this match
  • Options
    45' Kashi booked by Kettle after throwing himself into a header with Jacobs. #cafc
  • Options
    45+1 Three minutes added.. #cafc
  • Options
    Kashi with a classic 'please don't book me' injury feign. Getting booked now
  • Options

JJ used to take a great corner

Meh. They were pretty average imo. JBG was reasonable. Ambrose too, although he was crap at almost everything else. Danny Green when he didn't shoot. Jensen and Di Canio the last ones we had who were genuinely good at them, but not reasonable to expect players of their quality at this level.
  • Options
    45+1 Powell hits a sweet, first-time volley from 20 yards, but Amos is right behind it. #cafc
  • Options
    More bookings than attempts on goal.
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    34s34 seconds ago
    More
    45+1' Great technique from @NPowell25! Walks onto a bouncing ball and volleys a right footed effort at Ben Amos, the keeper holding on well. (0-0)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!