Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton - Match Thread

Comments

• Options

We have 3 CBs lining up. Is Sarr on right and Konsa also out of position at FB or are we finally trying 3-5-2 and fit a system to the best/fittest available?

Does it? Who would play right wing back in that formation?
  • Options
    3' @CallumElder_ finds space down the left early on, dangerous looking cross bounces in the area, but Ben Amos gathers calmly. (0-0)
  • Options
    seth plum said:

I have now got the ifollow stream at the cost of $7

How!
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Fuck me you’d think this was our U12 side vs Brazil 78 the way some of you lot are going on.

Grow a pair ffs.

On recent form I’m not sure you can say it’s that closely matched. Having said that, when odds start looking that wide then the improbable becomes more likely. 2-0 to Charlton clearly nailed on
    Of course Wigan are likely to win, they're good enough to give any team in this division a hiding if it all clicks. They did us over good and proper in the reverse fixture and we're putting out a weaker side than then. You'd be an idiot to back anything other than a home win. Weird things happen in football though and there is never any reason to be running scared before a ball has even been kicked.

SUPPORT the team, not the regime.
    I hear it’s a tad chilly up in Edmonton today...
    It sure is - -41°C with the wind chill. Red hot passion for the Addicks in my office though.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

seth plum said:

How!
    Get on to the Wigan iFollow page

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80337/ifollow#latest
  • Options
    6' Great burst forward from the back by Sarr into the opposition half. He very nearly threads in KAG behind the back four, but a Wigan defender makes a vital interception.

0-0 #cafc
  • Options
    Sarr nearly with a good through ball after a great run. Decent from him
  • Options

seth plum said:

How!

Can't find the link to get the match pass! Am I being thick?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

seth plum said:

How!

Go on to the match centre and it should show “watch match live”
  • Options
    edited December 2017

seth plum said:

How!

Not a subscriber?

You can grab a 48-hour pass for just £4

https://www.cafc.co.uk/valley-pass/register … #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    well, at least we've lasted longer than we did at Southend.
  • Options
    10' Penalty shout! Aribo breaks into the box and he's caught in a Wigan defender sandwich before going to ground. Appeals are waved away. #cafc
  • Options
    Aribo lucky not to be booked for that
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    9' @WillGrigg almost works a chance from a lovely clip into the box from @mjacobs18. It fooled the visiting defenders, but the striker couldn't work a shooting opportunity after chesting the ball down. (0-0)
  • Options
    Aribo practicing for the olympic diving sqaud
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Fuck me you’d think this was our U12 side vs Brazil 78 the way some of you lot are going on.

Grow a pair ffs.

On recent form I’m not sure you can say it’s that closely matched. Having said that, when odds start looking that wide then the improbable becomes more likely. 2-0 to Charlton clearly nailed on
    Of course Wigan are likely to win, they're good enough to give any team in this division a hiding if it all clicks. They did us over good and proper in the reverse fixture and we're putting out a weaker side than then. You'd be an idiot to back anything other than a home win. Weird things happen in football though and there is never any reason to be running scared before a ball has even been kicked.

SUPPORT the team, not the regime.
    I hear it’s a tad chilly up in Edmonton today...
    Probably is, the weather report down the road in Tottenham is not fantastic.
  • Options
    11' KAG tries to get a low, early ball into the box, but the hosts clear their lines.

0-0. #cafc
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    17s17 seconds ago
    More
    12' @sammorsy08 trying to get things going in midfield, but @CAFCofficial making it difficult for Latics so far. (0-0)
  • Options
    Come on boys show me it was prophetic getting up 3:30am, show me it was 'meant to be'...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    15' Marshall gets a booking from Mr Kettle. Wigan went to take a quick free-kick which hit an unsuspecting Marshall as he repositioned. #cafc
  • Options
    Doncaster 1-0 Rochdale
  • Options

Could be wrong, but wasnt Wigan away RD's first match? ( i remember Thuram, Poyet and Nego playing, us being 1 up with 1 minute to
    go and losing 2-1). Maybe its his last too?.

I was at that game. Left feeling robbed
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    1m1 minute ago
    More
    15' Yellow! Mark Marshall goes into the book for stopping a quick free kick. (0-0)
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2017
    Rossman92 said:

Trying to catch the Everton’s scout eye. Allardyce & the current Everton team love a bit of diving.
  • Options
    Any links to view the match from abroad
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

Robbo did say that our players needed to go down more. He was only following orders
  • Options

Could be wrong, but wasnt Wigan away RD's first match? ( i remember Thuram, Poyet and Nego playing, us being 1 up with 1 minute to
    go and losing 2-1). Maybe its his last too?.

I was at that game. Left feeling robbed
    yep, me too.
  • Options
    Wigan Athletic

Verified account

@LaticsOfficial
    4s4 seconds ago
    More
    20' CLOSE! @WillGrigg's header bounces down and then over the top right corner from @LeeEvans94's delivery! (0-0)
  • Options
    21' Close for Wigan. Cross from the right is headed into the ground and over the bar by Grigg from eight yards. #cafc
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!