Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

New Museum Items

Comments

• Options
    Henry Does the museum have this . How do I attach a picture ??
  • Options
    Ok found it. 
  • Options
    I can answer that, no and we would love a set!
  • Options
    Shocking violence v Hull in 1971.  Thankfully no lifers were involved
    That report reminds me of the old 'classifieds' in the Evening News and Evening Standard.

Those were the days.
  • Options
    edited February 2019

I had one of these badges which I kept for years with my programmes. If I remember correctly there were several variations. I also had one which proudly described me as a “Village Idiot” after one of Nelson’s insults. I had intended to donate them to the museum when I moved house last year but when I looked for them they had disappeared; probably during the previous move. Glad someone else had the good senses to preserve this kind of memorabilia.
  • Options
    I thought diddy David Hamilton was a Fulham fan
  • Options
    David Hamilton?
  • Options
    Yes, big Fulham fan but also huge Sam Bartram fan
  • Options
    Yes, big Fulham fan but also huge Sam Bartram fan
    Sam. Bartram. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

He always manages to keep his hair so well groomed.
  • Options

He always manages to keep his hair so well groomed.
    He irons it before putting it on.
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    Arrived from Australia

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Original architect's plans for the West stand

• Options
    Arrived from Australia

I didn't know that book existed.

I've never seen "highlights" as two words.  Mistake or archaic spelling?
  • Options
    Some signed 60s player cards. Unsigned versions were sold in the club shop. Great players too.image.
    Round about 1968/69 when i first started going to the Valley
  • Options
    New scans of old article from Picture Post

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Amazing coverage.  I just found a copy on eBay.
  • Options
    'What Jimmy Seed could do with as a manager is a few footballers like Jimmy Seed.'  What a great quote 
  • Options
    Interesting that the article was written by A. L. ('Bert') Lloyd, better known as a folk singer - he collaborated with Ewan MacColl - and a meticulous archivist of folk songs.  Lloyd wrote for Picture Post for a few years after the second war, and died at his home in Crooms Hill, Greenwich, in 1982.
  • Options
    2 Arthur Whalley signed postcard

Whalley, who later changed his name to Booth, was possibly the first "big name" player to sign for Charlton when we joined the league.

He had won a league winners medal with Manchester Utd but was then banned after his involvement in a match fixing scandal in 1915

Known as the "Black Prince", his ban was lifted in 1919 as a result of his war service with the footballers battalion during which he was wounded at Passchendaele. (see The Greater War by Harris and Whippy for more on sporting icons who fell and served during the great war).

He was Charlton captain during our great 1922/3 FA Cup giant killing run.