Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Joyes

123457»

Comments

• Options

rikofold said:

Swisdom said:

Swisdom said:

Good luck to Mr Joyes. He’s a really nice guy and a family man.

No need for any animosity in his direction.

His departure presumably means he is no longer required

I'd dispute the first two points.

I'd question why he's no longer needed though @Swisdom a takeover and a transfer window plus normal operation of the business and we have no CEO or FD to either run the club or hand it over.
    Not had many dealings with him but those I have have been amiable. Not heard people talk about him like Keohane so assumed he was fairly well liked.

My assumption is it is pretty much a done deal and so they are free to go. If this drags for more than a week or two our season is over so prospective owners are likely to want to move at pace.

As with Meire - strange time to go as the takeover would probably lead to a redundancy payout...unless that’s already sorted

He may well be more amicable than Keohane but that is a very low benchmark. The views I have heard expressed about him were less than favourable, shall we say.

I'm not one of those drawing up a list of quislings to have their heads shaved on the pitch but Joyes held a very senior role in this regime and the last. He knew what he was doing.
    I've got a lot of time for David Joyes. I've worked with him on VG and he's a nice guy, family man, and very professional.

There have been compromises along the way, which is undoubtedly understating it as we both know (especially under the spivs), but for me he's not one for the gallows. I got the impression more than once that mistakes of the past (knowing or otherwise) wouldn't be repeated moving forward. Company man, that said.

Job opportunity at the club he supports, timing coincides with huge changes and unknowns with his current employer. Who'd blame him really.
    Don't blame him for taking the job and he may well have gone for it regardless of the situation at Charlton given that he's from that area.

I do blame him for his actions while FD at Charlton and for his active support of KM in her disastrous mismanagement of the club.
    I also question his cooperation with the financial policies of the previous regime when two directors (one of them a qualified accountant) had declined to continue their own involvement on ethical grounds.
    He was also just plain wrong in not disclosing KM's emoluments in the accounts.
  • Options
    SLP reporting that Joyes is going to Middlesbrough
  • Options
    Ah, it is out then.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Can we all stop talking about him being a family man, means nothing in this context. It’s how he’s acted in his role and his defence of the regime I have a problem with. On that account I hold him as an ally of the regime and I’m glad he’s gone.
  • Options
    mart77 said:

SLP reporting that Joyes is going to Middlesbrough

Undisclosed.
  • Options
    Technically Roland Duchatelet is a family man. He even bought his son a football club, not to mention what he did for Katrien Meire.
  • Options

I'm a family man. Doesn't mean I don't go out every weekend, get coked up, have a fight then shag a brass does it?

Are you reading this Otto?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm guessing we're all angelic on here. Jeez. Move on guys
  • Options

I'm guessing we're all angelic on here. Jeez. Move on guys

No, but thanks all the same
  • Options
    so has he gone yet? Is he/has he been/being replaced?
  • Options
    I wonder if he's having a bit of a do?
  • Options
    edited February 2018

Went friday I believe.
  • Options

I wonder if he's having a bit of a do?

Millers in Bexley...this Friday.

• Options
    T_C_E said:

Went friday I believe.
    Looks that way.

OS staff list:

Director: Roland Duchâtelet

Director: Richard Murray

Honorary Life President: Sir Maurice Hatter

Club Ambassador: Keith Peacock

FINANCE

Finance Manager: Emma Parker

Payroll Manager: Belinda Miller

Credit Control/ Bookkeeper: Esperance Kabanyana

Purchase Ledger Administrator: Bethany Webb

OPERATIONS

Chief Operating Officer: Tony Keohane

Operations Manager: Paul Bailey

Head Groundsman – The Valley: Nathan Chapman

• Options
    What happened to the ex copper?
  • Options

What happened to the ex copper?

He probably slid out when squirrel face brought in the blue jackets.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What with a massive part of his portfolio disappearing with the halting of the works at Sparrows Lane, Keohane must have a lot more time to carry out other duties at the Club.

Well someone has to clear the snow from the car park.

Wrap up warm Tony.
  • Options
    Knowing how efficient and intelligent he is, he will be filling the pot holes in the car park with the left over snow and ice.
  • Options
    Esperance Kabanyana is an amazing name.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Esperance Kabanyana is an amazing name.

It means "let's hope he's gone tomorrow"

(RD, obviously)
  • Options
    Arrived on time, it seems...

https://www.mfc.co.uk/david-joyes
  • Options
    How big is the accounts department?

Was it just him?
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

How big is the accounts department?

Was it just him?

Four of them - see @carly burn's list a few posts earlier. The former CFO role has been replaced - at least temporarily - by a Finance Manager, Emma Parker, who joined in November. Her main previous job was as a controller at Commerzbank, that well-known Bundesliga club.