Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Joyes

Comments

• Options
    Only met him a couple of times. My impression and by reputation is a real Charlton man.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

Just Tony Small bollocks, Tom Rubbershoe and the Perks to go.

It was one thing to sack an interim manager but surely not even Roland can sack Sue as someone not even employed by the club?...
    He goes she goes.
    So you're now calling for Chris Parkes to leave the club just so his wife will leave with him. A man that has given many years of loyal service to this club through numerous different ownerships!

Classy, very classy mate!

Remember both of them are Charlton supporters as well.
    Remember his son and his wife being very classy to us fans as he sat by and did nothing. GET OUT WITH THE REST OF THEM
    So what would you do if your parents were being verbally abused big boy?
  • Options
    Uboat said:

It's such a CL cliche to say that Chris Parkes is 'Proper Charlton' but as I understand it, the reason he kept quiet is that he agreed with Sue and their foul son.

He *does* agree with them.
  • Options
    I heard that Joyes has definitely gone
  • Options
    You can only take people as you find them and I found him a real gent
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Essex_Al said:

J BLOCK said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

It was one thing to sack an interim manager but surely not even Roland can sack Sue as someone not even employed by the club?...
    He goes she goes.
    So you're now calling for Chris Parkes to leave the club just so his wife will leave with him. A man that has given many years of loyal service to this club through numerous different ownerships!

Remember his son and his wife being very classy to us fans as he sat by and did nothing. GET OUT WITH THE REST OF THEM
    So what would you do if your parents were being verbally abused big boy?
    Hang on a minute.

Mrs Parkes should have kept her mouth shut given the position her husband holds at the club.
  • Options
    He has shouted at a member of the B20 for holding a protest banner and saying KM should quit. He agrees with everything his wife says hence why he never told her to shut up.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

You know why the old woman is unpopular.

Have a day off ffs.
    If you read the posts properly dopey, you will understand it's not about Sue Parkes it's about a poster on here calling for Chris to go!

Have a few months off yourself!
  • Options
    It's no surprise if true, if you know a business is for sale it's common for a number to jump ship before pushed.
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.
    If you read the posts properly dopey, you will understand it's not about Sue Parkes it's about a poster on here calling for Chris to go!

I was referring to the Uboat post.

Anyway, what is your opinion of Mrs Parkes' verbal attacks on Charlton supporters given her husband's position in the club?
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Not in the slightest. I'm saying she has gone far to far beyond what is acceptable and no effort has been made to stop her from doing this. It's made his position untenable in my view. I'm not calling for his head I think he is a good guy but it's gone to far.

If you read what she said on her private Facebook group today (before she deleted a whole load of posts to hide what she'd said) it was unbelievable and shocking given the situation. You'd have thought she would want to build bridges rather than launching loads of insults at fans and telling everyone how she's better than them.

Believe me she's abusively messaged me privately on FB after I've dared to disagree with her opinion.

Believe me she's the one with no class. As I said I like Chris but Sue has pushed the line too far and too many times. It's not acceptable for the wife of someone in that position to be doing so. I look forward to the day when she gets her comeuppance.
    Canters old son, Al the apologist will never agree with you.

But you are 100% correct.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Clear out from top to bottom wouldn’t go a miss at all. Couldn’t care whether anyone’s a nice person if they’ve played a part in the shit state the clubs in, the shit relationship between club and fan etc which parkes and his Mrs have then they can go do one as well.
    It's not about anyone being a nice person, prior to the regime, Chris has given this club many, many years of loyal service and if he was crap at his job, he certainly wouldn't have lasted so long would he.

Let's hope that whoever you work for as well as many others on here, never get taken over because according to you if would be absolutely fine just to clear everyone out!

Incredible!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Clear out from top to bottom wouldn’t go a miss at all. Couldn’t care whether anyone’s a nice person if they’ve played a part in the shit state the clubs in, the shit relationship between club and fan etc which parkes and his Mrs have then they can go do one as well.
    It's not about anyone being a nice person, prior to the regime, Chris has given this club many, many years of loyal service and if he was crap at his job, he certainly wouldn't have lasted so long would he.

Let's hope that whoever you work for as well as many others on here, never get taken over because according to you if would be absolutely fine just to clear everyone out!

Incredible!
    Are you going to answer my question?
  • Options
    probably being stupid but I don't quite understand why these people are resigning.

not sure what kind of contracts they are on (whether they are employed by CAFC or employed by just Duchetelet) but wouldn't they still have a job once the takeover happens? then if they are sacked they would get some sort of financial compensation? unless they are being told to go as part of the takeover?

• Options

probably being stupid but I don't quite understand why these people are resigning.

not sure what kind of contracts they are on (whether they are employed by CAFC or employed by just Duchetelet) but wouldn't they still have a job once the takeover happens? then if they are sacked they would get some sort of financial compensation? unless they are being told to go as part of the takeover?

It's not uncommon and I've done it before.

You weigh up;

1. How much is the redundancy/severance package. These days a lot are statutory which isn't worth a great deal
    2. Depending on 1. a couple of months out of work and it's gone
    3. Always easier to get a job when in a job, you have bargaining power.
  • Options

I think, as mentioned on another thread, that it may be a pre requisite stated by incoming owners, therefore RD would have paid them off, but it looks better on cv to say resigned.
  • Options

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Incredible!
    If they played a part in declining attendances, bad relationship with your core fan base, poor performance, a raise in debt, and all round failure then yes, that would be fine.
    Just as well you're an electrician and not a race horse, cos you'd definitely be in blinkers!
  • Options
    Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Essex_Al said:

Scoham said:

He goes she goes.

Have a day off ffs.

Incredible!
    If they played a part in declining attendances, bad relationship with your core fan base, poor performance, a raise in debt, and all round failure then yes, that would be fine.
    Just as well you're an electrician and not a race horse, cos you'd definitely be in blinkers!
    Okay