Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton | Fri 29 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    This would be my team. Strength that we have down the spine, and a midfield that know how to defend. Keep it as tight as possible and hope you nick one.

If we need a goal we have Grant, Reeves and Dodoo to come on. (Yeah, I know).

Amos
    Dyksteel Bauer Sarr Lennon

Aribo Konsa Kashi Jackson DeSilva

Maginnis
  • Options
    razil said:

Can a nice CL person direct me to a very brief instruction on how to get this live, assuming its not on SKY? Ta

Purchase a vpn OR download a free one, go on said vpn, go to Wigan's iFollow page and buy a match pass... at 7.45pm... watch the game.

*some steps have been removed for advertising purposes.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Redrobo said:

This would be my team. Strength that we have down the spine, and a midfield that know how to defend. Keep it as tight as possible and hope you nick one.

If we need a goal we have Grant, Reeves and Dodoo to come on. (Yeah, I know).

Amos
    Dyksteel Bauer Sarr Lennon

Aribo Konsa Kashi Jackson DeSilva

Maginnis

Not bad, would hope to see Magdennis dropped, personally feel he isn't putting the effort in and isn't helping at the mo. not that we have alot of other options or anyone else to play the same role as Leon Best is injured.

PS- wouldn't play Djiksteel RB again so soon, he had a shocker the other day, swap him and Konsa
  • Options
    clive said:
    No wonder we have so many players out, the Head of Medical Sciences team has been giving them all thrush !!!
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

razil said:

Can a nice CL person direct me to a very brief instruction on how to get this live, assuming its not on SKY? Ta

Purchase a vpn OR download a free one, go on said vpn, go to Wigan's iFollow page and buy a match pass... at 7.45pm... watch the game.

Just looked on Wigan's iFollow site. Tonight's match is NOT available on iFollow in the UK.
  • Options
    clive said:
    With a number of Charlton players currently spending time in the treatment room, Head of Medical Services Alastair Thrush has provided the latest on their injuries and expected return dates…

Mark Marshall remains a doubt for Charlton’s trip to league-leaders Wigan Athletic on Friday night. The winger missed the Boxing Day fixture at Southend United with a tight hamstring.

Jake Forster-Caskey and Patrick Bauer are hoping to return for the Addicks’ New Year’s Day fixture against Gillingham at The Valley. Forster-Caskey is finalising his rehabilitation from a quad strain while Bauer has almost recovered from a syndesmosis sprain to his right ankle.

Leon Best is also targeting the clash against the Gills, whilst Jason Pearce is aiming for the home fixture against Oldham Athletic. Pearce’s medial ligament in his left knee is currently keeping him sidelined while Best is responding well to treatment on his right hamstring.

Chris Solly remains out with a calf strain. He is due to start running again next week and, following that, could return to first-team action two or three weeks later.

Tariqe Fosu has begun training outside again but remains around two weeks away from a return to first-team action.

Long-term absentee Lewis is continuing his Achilles tendon loading programme, while Billy Clarke will have reconstructive surgery on his ACL at the beginning of January.

How has Fosu ended up out so long wasn't it an injury that didn't look too bad?
  • Options
    Heavy defeat.
    Gobby resigns to go to another English club.
    Jackson apointed as caretaker until new owners announced.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Davo55 said:

Dazzler21 said:

razil said:

Just looked on Wigan's iFollow site. Tonight's match is NOT available on iFollow in the UK.
    Yeah but technically no match is available in the UK...?

I've just gone on to the Wigan website and the "Buy Match Pass" is available when your VPN is turned on

Edit: Definitely available as the Wigan app has the match as "Live on iFollow"
  • Options
    Sadly, Uncle Joe's Mint Balls will be all aglow - 3-1 Wigan except in the unlikely event of an original thought entering Robbo's head.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Dazzler21 said:

clive said:
    With a number of Charlton players currently spending time in the treatment room, Head of Medical Services Alastair Thrush has provided the latest on their injuries and expected return dates…

Mark Marshall remains a doubt for Charlton’s trip to league-leaders Wigan Athletic on Friday night. The winger missed the Boxing Day fixture at Southend United with a tight hamstring.

Jake Forster-Caskey and Patrick Bauer are hoping to return for the Addicks’ New Year’s Day fixture against Gillingham at The Valley. Forster-Caskey is finalising his rehabilitation from a quad strain while Bauer has almost recovered from a syndesmosis sprain to his right ankle.

Leon Best is also targeting the clash against the Gills, whilst Jason Pearce is aiming for the home fixture against Oldham Athletic. Pearce’s medial ligament in his left knee is currently keeping him sidelined while Best is responding well to treatment on his right hamstring.

Chris Solly remains out with a calf strain. He is due to start running again next week and, following that, could return to first-team action two or three weeks later.

Tariqe Fosu has begun training outside again but remains around two weeks away from a return to first-team action.

Long-term absentee Lewis is continuing his Achilles tendon loading programme, while Billy Clarke will have reconstructive surgery on his ACL at the beginning of January.

How has Fosu ended up out so long wasn't it an injury that didn't look too bad?
    Sorry who is Lewis? Just remembered Lewis Page, my bad had a funny five minutes
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This is the CAS Trust take on the game.

https://castrust.org/2017/12/616839/

Written before yesterday's momentous events but still not optimistic !
  • Options

Travelling up now. Not expecting match....

think you should have left a bit earlier

• Options
    If I was on a run like them, playing us with the run we're on, I'd be nervous. Can see a shock win, Hackett- Fairchild with the winning goal.
  • Options
    Done my best to help us by betting on a Wigan win.

2/5 on Bet 365 at the moment.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If they rest a few players we might keep it down to 2-0.
  • Options
    Embarassing heavy defeat.

6-0
  • Options
    Why's it on tonight, is it on the box and is there likely to be a stream?
  • Options
    Am I going crazy or is this on tv? Am sure it was confirmed earlier this season that it was!?
  • Options
    Going for a 4-0 defeat but is it wrong that I am more interested in the post match events than the game itself?

Having marvelled at some of the old nonsense our manager has come out with over the last year in post match interviews who knows what he might came out with tonight? If as expected we get tonked, combined with a potential takeover (and what often happens to incumbent managers), could we potentially see a full blown KR meltdown when questioned by the press?

Whose tune will he try to dance to, current owner, potential new owners or the fans? Will he attempt to appease everybody and keep his foot in all camps? Is he clever enough to do that or will he just fall on his arse and then implode into a quivering scouse wreck?

I know it's his living and I wouldn't want to be in his position with the team failing, 17 injuries, the upcoming transfer window and upheavel in the club ownership but given his previous when faced with an enquiring press it could be very interesting. We all know he likes a chat. Equally if he says nothing that will tell its own story.
  • Options
    drewman said:

Why's it on tonight, is it on the box and is there likely to be a stream?

J BLOCK said:

Am I going crazy or is this on tv? Am sure it was confirmed earlier this season that it was!?

Only games on TV tonight... http://www.live-footballontv.com/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No news of any pre match press conference, would to have liked to hear KR's views on Meire going and the take-over news.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

2 nil down at half time after 5 players fall asleep on the pitch as a direct consequence of being subjected to Karl's 7am tactics talks.

Jacko comes on at half time and bangs in a hattrick. He gets booked after the second goal for pulling a Pinocchio mask out of his sock and setting fire to it, and is sent off after the third goal when he rips off his shirt to reveal a "Bring back Powell" slogan.

Mr.Largo for new managers job.
    Top draw mate, love it.
  • Options
    Football can be a funny game and throw up surprises - unfortunately, just cant see it tonight - we are not good enough to keep sides out for 90 mins, and find scoring goals too difficult.
  • Options
    Chance for Robinson to redeem current scorelines against the best side in league one,
    Prediction 3 - 1 to the Addicks!

bwhahahhahaha!

Fell off my chair laughing too!
  • Options
    Im not feeling very optimistic about this one but ill gladly take a 1-1 draw.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Dazzler21 said:

razil said:

Just because there isn't a link to purchase the video stream doesn't mean it's not up there. I had a quick look around their site and can't see any reason why it wouldn't be (feel free to correct me if I've missed something). iFollow is just really weird in that sometimes the link to purchase the streams disappears for a bit prior to kick off.
  • Options
    0 - 0 backs to the wall performance reminiscent of Rourke's Drift.

Lennon and Bauer 10/10
  • Options
    They're not even that much better than us, player for player. Just shows what confidence and goalscorers can do
  • Options

0 - 0 backs to the wall performance reminiscent of Rourke's Drift.

Lennon and Bauer 10/10

Harking back to the good old days under Curbs - he always said if you could keep the home side quiet & get to 70 mins 0-0 then you could go for it & maybe get a win.

I'm afraid KR hasn't got this mentality & as the away side we usually go 1 down & then end up chasing the game. The home side just then need to sit back as we spend the rest of the match trying to pass through them without success........like we did at Plymouth, Gillingham, Blackburn, Southend etc etc. Not yet conceded & then got anything away from home & only Southend did we actually score a goal after going behind.

its going to be a long, long evening.

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Davo55 said:

Dazzler21 said:

razil said:

Just because there isn't a link to purchase the video stream doesn't mean it's not up there. I had a quick look around their site and can't see any reason why it wouldn't be (feel free to correct me if I've missed something). iFollow is just really weird in that sometimes the link to purchase the streams disappears for a bit prior to kick off.
    I am an iLaggard in using iFollow, so don't rely on me for tech guidance!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!