Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Wigan v Charlton | Fri 29 Dec | 7:45pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Sadly defeated again, but a gutsy one, 3-2.
  • Options
    Any result would be good here, obviously. I fear a heavy defeat though, which I hope would mark the darkness before the dawn.

This is my prediction for the XI. I'm not a big Lennon fan, and I don't see what he did to get in ahead of Sarr.

.................Amos
    Dijksteel Konsa Bauer Sarr
    ..............Aribo.....Kashi
    Reeves......Holmes......DaSilva
    ...............Magennis

KAGg for Holmes if Holmes isn't fit.

Bench: Phillips, Lennon, Cummings, Jackson, Lapslie, Dodoo, Hackett-Fairchild

Tracking their wingers and fullbacks will be *so* important. It's where we got overrun in the home fixture. Whoever plays out wide for us will need to put in a shift defensively.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Amos
    Dijksteel | Bauer | Lennon | Dasilva
    Reeves | Konsa | Aribo | Lapslie
    Ahearne-Grant | Hackett-Fairchild

Substitutes Bench: Phillips | Sarr | Jackson | Kashi | Dodoo | Magennis

Go young, let these players know that there is no pressure on them for this one. Whatever the result is they benefit from being started against a strong side.

These should be fitter, hungrier and more committed players to those we have been putting out lately.

If we're still in it with 20 to play bring Magennis, Dodoo & Sarr on for Reeco, Reeves and Lennon respectively to avoid injuries to those players.

Normally none of the above would even be a consideration, but I feel we have no choice at the moment but to try the youth and try something new...
    As FA said, Lapslie looked way out of his depth against Blackpool. And given Wigan play 4-2-3-1 I think this team would get absolutely overrun in midfield.
  • Options
    Normally you might think we will do the most Charlton thing and get a result when we least expect it, not today. We have too many injuries, poor form and we are playing the best team in the league. Unless their whole first team gets struck by a mysterious flu we have no chance.

Hate to sound pessimistic but based on boxing day and all of the above 3-0 to Wigan
  • Options
    Hopefully a reaction to Boxing Day with a fighting performance but surely it could be one of the youngest teams we've fielded for years. If players aren't fit don't start them though. Avoiding humiliation is defeatist but maybe the main aim up there. A battling performance but 2 - 1 defeat. I will take a loss tonight if we beat the Gills on Monday.
  • Options
    Comfortable 4-0 home win
  • Options
    Uboat said:

The team looks quite good until you remember that Hackett-Fairchild is one person and not a deadly strike duo.

Dont let Henry hear you say that...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can a nice CL person direct me to a very brief instruction on how to get this live, assuming its not on SKY? Ta
  • Options
    Can't remember us ever getting a result at Wigan in the past.
    Also can't see one tonight.
  • Options
    6-0 cant see anything less.
  • Options
    razil said:

Can a nice CL person direct me to a very brief instruction on how to get this live, assuming its not on SKY? Ta

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/80337/ifollow#latest
  • Options
    Can't see us scoring, 3 - 0 Wigan, then hopefully good news for the new year with a successful quick take-over by someone rich, who really cares and is prepared to pay for it.
  • Options

Beat them 3-0 last time we played there

Chris Eagles with the third if I remember
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Really? Not even in February 2015? We won 3-0 I believe.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Really? Not even in February 2015? We won 3-0 I believe.
    To be fair it is the only time we've won there
  • Options
    All the more memorable! We don't have many good memories of the Duchatelet era - that was one.
  • Options
    Heavy defeat. Belgians out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    razil said:

You must really hate yourself.
  • Options
    Travelling up now. Not expecting match....
  • Options
    Even with a full team, we're 3-0 down already with Trevor 'I am biased against Charlton' Kettle reffing.
  • Options
    You never know with Charlton. Expect a thrashing but wouldn't surprise me at all if we scraped a win. Beautiful, bonkers club that we are.

ps - why Friday? Is it on telly?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Despite the current euphoria surrounding the club, another defeat. But not a heavy defeat, perhaps 2-0 or even 2-1
  • Options
    Uboat said:

razil said:

You must really hate yourself.
    Thanks for the link.

No just would do anything to escape my xmas ny nightmeire..
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Davo55 said:

I would guess to give both clubs an advantage

Both played on Boxing Day so had Weds | Thurs off... Means they get another two days off prior to their next game (Sat | Sun) on New Years Day - i.e. Gillingham etc. dont play till Saturday and then also play us on Monday so they'll have less time to recover.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

You never know with Charlton. Expect a thrashing but wouldn't surprise me at all if we scraped a win. Beautiful, bonkers club that we are.

Otherwise we would be playing Saturday Monday.
  • Options

Davo55 said:

I would guess to give both clubs an advantage

Both played on Boxing Day so had Weds | Thurs off... Means they get another two days off prior to their next game (Sat | Sun) on New Years Day - i.e. Gillingham etc. dont play till Saturday and then also play us on Monday so they'll have less time to recover.
    Thanks FA
  • Options
    I’d be jumping around the front room if we get a draw tonight.

Frankly a 2-0 defeat should be seen as a bit of a result.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!