Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Blackpool? They have the sort of owner who might actually see positives in her CV.

They are selling, so unlikely.
    It could be one final two fingered salute from the owners to the fanbase they despise
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

How does a women with very little ability get a top job? It's a complete mystery.

It's not what but who you know. Roland GAVE her the job.
  • Options
    I think KM is beyond help but it does have to be said that the best lesson in life is to make mistakes. On that basis she has probably learned more than any other CEO has in such a short period of time.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Interesting to see this from someone who has first-hand experience of working with her, a lot more than most of the posters on here. While no one could deny she made some proper howlers while in charge, and it would be impossible to argue that she has done a good job under any metric, I think it's pretty clear that she was put in an impossible situation from day one.
    If only she had just keep her trap shut..... Instead of alienating people every time she opened it.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

Interesting to see this from someone who has first-hand experience of working with her, a lot more than most of the posters on here. While no one could deny she made some proper howlers while in charge, and it would be impossible to argue that she has done a good job under any metric, I think it's pretty clear that she was put in an impossible situation from day one.
    damned with faint praise
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Addickted said:

Rob62 said:

You are joking aren't you?

If the best 'metric' is she is enthusiastic and bright, then my Border Collie has the right credentials to negotiate Phase III of Brexit.

If your up to your neck in shit, then get out. Don't keep digging. Her own ego kept her hanging on in an 'incredibly difficult position'. Most decent people would have put their hands up and moved on, rather than cling on to the very last minute of the regime.
    Agreed, but if she had resigned early, would she have another job with an English football club now? Very unlikely. Shit for Charlton, great for her.

And the reality is that whoever was doing that job would have a very tough time, because Roland is a lunatic. She had no say in the hiring and firing of managers, she actively disliked Bob Peters and Roland knew this, but appointed him anyway. She totally misunderstood the fanbase, which is a fundamental flaw of someone in her position, and she was taken advantage of by players and clubs, which has cost the club a great deal. But she should never have been in the position in the first place. The fact that Roland gave her the job is the real problem here, the fact that she clung on in I think understandable for someone in her position. Until Roland goes, nothing changes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    She shouldn’t be working in football though..

Have to agree with some posts above - we can measure her by how she performed where we know she had autonomy, her dealing with fans and day to day running of the club. In those areas there are few if any who have a good word, indeed quite the opposite.

Indeed she was so bad in those areas it suggests she had more autonomy than we thought in other areas since the failings in other areas are so bad.. :)

Perhaps as a lawyer she might be ok, but fees and contracts we aware of for our players suggest otherwise.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I would tend to believe this if they named the club.

Exactly. KM still being economical with the truth?
  • Options
    No different from failed managers walking into another job.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

Someone in her position shouldn't need as much support from above as she needed
    Agree. She was at the top of the tree (but for Roland) so not sure where else this support was going to come from? She's supposed to be the one doing the supporting of those lower down the hierarchy and driving the organisation. Even when help/advice was offered by those who knew what they were talking about she ignored them and did her own thing. Badly.

She knew exactly what RD would be like to work for as well. Unfortunately we have been the unlucky recipients of her ridiculously high opinion of herself which is in no way backed up by her abilities.
  • Options
    Roland mentored her, but can we blame him entirely for her arrogance and overinflated self belief? Think not
  • Options
    Note to Katies new employers. In Hollywood they have a maxim: you're only as good as your last picture.

Just saying........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    To think that someone sent her flowers after the discussion on the train about her interview techniques. Seems ages ago, how many managers ago?
  • Options
    Forest
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Sounds more like abdication than empowerment to me.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

, and she was taken advantage of by players

Allegedly
  • Options
    Fake news
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Fake news

Fake news? Surely KM and the regime wouldn't stoop so low :)
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

Forest

Green Rovers?

• Options
    Rob62 said:

Is he related to Rod?
  • Options
    cabbles said:

FFS - after yesterday’s news I’d just began plotting the rest of our lives together. You mean I’m going to have to go through all this shit again when she starts taking flak from the likes of @Stog and @MrLambo and other users on an another club’s forum

True love never runs smooth.