Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

KM lands new job with English football club (ed. Chef Wendy)

Comments

• Options
    Wendys have appointed someone have never heard of as manager. Is SHE behind this?
  • Options

For those of us pining for our dearly departed CEO, pine no more.

Next Friday sees the massive Sheffield derby.

And it's live on Sky Sports.

Wonder how long it will take for the camera to pick out Kitty ?

And whether the away fans will have a song for her by then.....

Surprised South Yorks OB are allowing this on a Firday night when fans will have a day off work and be on the booze up. Usually why it's a Sunday midday.
  • Options
    Let it gooooooo let it goooooo
  • Options

Wendys have appointed someone have never heard of as manager. Is SHE behind this?

He's going to do well and make her part of their wonderful next few years isn't she. Every decision was the correct decision.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    dizzee said:

Let it gooooooo let it goooooo

Let it go, let it go
    Turn away and slam the door
    I don't care
    what they're going to say
    Let the storm rage on.
    The fans never bothered me anyway

(with apologies to songwriters K and R Lopez)
  • Options
    Addickted said:

There has been a sever culling of the KM thread on Owlstalks 'Boardroom'. All the posts by Charlton fans seem to have disappeared and the thread is now a third of the size it was.

I wonder why that is?

Perhaps it's because Miere is now the CEO of Wednesday, not Charlton, and their admin don't consider it the business of a bunch of busybodies whose club she no longer works for...
  • Options
    Despite the admin there specifically requesting any information from Addicks about our ex fragrant CEO?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Despite the admin there specifically requesting any information from Addicks about our ex fragrant CEO?

In which case they simply need to read the thousands of comments concerning her on here. Running off to Linkedin and Owlstalk is simply petty and churlish. She's gone, let that be the end of it.

• Options
    edited January 2018
    Redskin said:

Addickted said:

There has been a sever culling of the KM thread on Owlstalks 'Boardroom'. All the posts by Charlton fans seem to have disappeared and the thread is now a third of the size it was.

I wonder why that is?

Perhaps it's because Miere is now the CEO of Wednesday, not Charlton, and their admin don't consider it the business of a bunch of busybodies whose club she no longer works for...
    You could well be right. The status of my application has changed from 'awaiting validation' to 'feck off ya southern softie'.

Shame, they'll never hear my pearls of wisdom now.
  • Options
    I'm glad she's out of our club for good, but will enjoy watching another Meire car crash unfold where she doesn't have the patronage of that silly old goat, proving her disastrous reign at Charlton was not a fluke.
    Nobody* deserves to have her screwing up their club, but we got no sympathy from Wednesday, so bollocks to em.

*Palarse excepted
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I wonder why that is?

Oh well they have been warned - now their problem not ours.
  • Options
    Was the previous CEO administrator of Owlstalk?
  • Options

londonowl said:

Dave2l said:

The fact that the wendies made a KM thread a members only one suggests that they don't want outside attention from the club itself...and they may already be planning a form of demonstration if on field and off field problems continue.

I hope for them and for footballs soul that they do these as early as possible to make things very clear that they do not want to be told how they support their club and that the owner can F*ck right off.

The early signs are there and bad owners have spread their wings enough times elsewhere for people to see where it might be heading.

Kill the virus early on before it spreads out of control.

Won't do any harm.

It's not quite like that with the forum. We have been though a lot in the past with previous incumbents and have seen legal action against our own fans, including some forum members, by previous incumbents. The reason the boardroom section is members only is historical. The reason KM threads have been moved into it is firstly because there were loads of them and that's where they belong and secondly as a chance to drive some traffic through the now pretty much defunct boardroom section.

There is a real mixed bag amongst supporters ranging from long-term season ticket holders packing it in (including one who had only missed one home match in 46 years and stopped going before Christmas) to these who are grateful for what they see as stability brought by the current Chairman.

The vast majority of us sit somewhere in the middle at the moment. Of course we are glad to be rid of winding up orders etc from the past and are starved of success after nearly 20 years out of the top flight so the investment in the playing squad was welcome. The real difference is that some are happy with that at all costs where for some, like me, the club is a lot more than what happens on the pitch.

The long and short of it is that from the start (3 years) our Chairman has invested pretty heavily and asked us to do the same with high ticket prices, merchandise cost etc. Most of us took that without too many complaints but now, as the wheels appear to come off a bit, it's the fans who are getting the blame. We've been accused of not supporting the club enough, not singing loud enough, being on the player's backs etc etc but little responsibility has been accepted by anyone else.

The way the Chairman sees it, he is sticking in £1m a month just to cover the bills and for that we have to be eternally grateful and not really question it. The way some of the fans see it, p**s poor decision making has left in the position of being a club losing £1m a month whilst supporting an ageing, expensive, underperforming squad no nearer the Premier League than we were nearly £100m ago. Sure it's not our £100m but we are constantly being told that everything has to be expensive because of FFP and that we must support the club.

All secondary income was kicked aside. Corporate boxes pretty much doubled in price overnight and are more expensive than Chelsea, Man City etc. They are empty. Match sponsorship, player sponsorship, match ball sponsorship, everything is uber expensive and not being taken up. Our shirt is sponsored by "Chansiri" , the owner. The seats spelling SWFC in the stands were removed and replaced with "CHANSIRI". I think i read somewhere it was about £600 to be a mascot.

All this is justified by the Chairman because he says he has put in as much money as FFP allows (hence the self sponsorship etc). The real problem however is how it was spent.

Small things. Our badge was changed. No reason and the new one is s**t. The stripes have gone and we are playing in what is essentially an Ipswich kit. The replica kit turned up in November. This is our 150th anniversary year and almost nothing has been done to mark it. The promised marquee friendly never materialised, 'Community Events' have either been none existent or have been incredibly underwhelming.

One of our latest schemes, 'The 1867 Club' is straight out of the Leeds handbook. £2100 gets you a bronze plaque on your seat saying '1867 Member' and a 3 year season ticket WHEN WE GET TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE. Basically, Chairman says lend me £2100 and I will give it back to you if we get promoted. He seems to be personally affronted that he was slated for the idea.

We've upset him is the long and short of it. He has claimed we are all family and he is doing all he can to make us successful but that we need to do our bit. He seems to have taken the opinion that we are not. Well Mr Chairman, where I come from, paying £705 for a season ticket to watch second tier football and £49 for a match ticket is doing our bit.

The Chairman has been largely popular since he arrived. The tide is definitely turning. Maybe it's related to the performances on the pitch but personally, I think it runs a lot deeper than that and has been masked for the last couple of seasons by giving desperate fans two Play-Off appearances to show how rosy everything is.

I didn't mean to write a diatribe on the inner workings of SWFC but as we mover forward and some follow the progess of the new CEO, maybe a little background about her starting point will help.
    Blimey, I had no idea your club was in such a state @londonowl . Changing the seats - can you imagine if that was at Millwall.

I wonder how many other clubs are in such a state yet go under the general fan's radar?
    Stuwall's brain might explode...
  • Options
    edited January 2018

I am sure she "had 20 applications within the first hour."
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I wonder why that is?

It's gone from 37 pages when I last looked down to just 2. Not just our posts, everything dodgy from the wendies has been culled too
  • Options
    Is Owlstalk an independently run forum, like CL, or is it run by the club? If the latter, I guess they have the final say on what comments are allowed and what must be removed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If anyone is missing our Katy there is a lovely picture of here sat next to new manager in this story
    https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/video-what-the-watching-jos-luhukay-would-have-taken-from-sheffield-wednesday-s-0-0-draw-with-carlisle-united-1-8943851/amp

Btw there new manager hasnt manager since 2016, even then he was only in charge of 5 games before falling out with Chairman
  • Options
    That new manager looks about as excited as Roy Moore surrounded by geriatric women.
  • Options

londonowl said:

Last time I read Owlstalk, when we last played them, they couldn't stand us, and were unsympathetic, to say the least, about the damage Roland and his former niece were doing to our club. So as far as I'm concerned she's gone now, end of story. History.

Like all forums, we have idiots. Anyone who cares about football doesn’t want to see any club being run into the ground. Even Sheffield United!

But yes, it is end of story. I only kept posting because some people seem genuinely interested.
    Do keep posting mate. I genuinely will be fascinated to learn first hand how this plays out at your club.
    @ Londonowl - would love to hear from you how the idiot Katherine's survey is going down in Sheffield.

Seems like there are many having a good laugh at it here!
  • Options
    Hmmm. The word Katrien Meire only reminds me of the two people who never paid on the CHARITY sweep I ran a month ago @DiscoCAFC and @Dave2l
  • Options

Hmmm. The word Katrien Meire only reminds me of the two people who never paid on the CHARITY sweep I ran a month ago @DiscoCAFC and @Dave2l

Put their names on the tight gits thread
  • Options
    I would be surprised if the survey is KM's doing. Has been the rhetoric of our owner from day one. You can either pay higher prices or not have any investment.

A fan's forum was held recently, ostensibly on exactly the same subject.

It's all a smokescreen so when new ST prices are announced, the press release can say that the prices allow for continued investment in the club and have been supported by the fans in recent fan surveys and forums.

To be honest, KM hasn't done anything to offend anyone yet. Unfortunately, an aging overpaid squad with basically the entire first team out to long term injuries is causing most of our current problems.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Is Owlstalk an independently run forum, like CL, or is it run by the club? If the latter, I guess they have the final say on what comments are allowed and what must be removed.

It's 100% independent.