Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What will we moan about once RD has gone?

Comments

• Options
    Naby Sarr
  • Options

Then get worried.

At this point, unless the takeover is already a done deal awaiting league approval, then it would be two weeks until it is wrapped up even if announced tomorrow.

Since most (good) transfers are already negotiated prior to the window opening, not only will KR not be sacked before the end of the season, but serious money for transfers will also likely not happen this window, even with a sale. Who would they get!!?? The only people we are looking at are those KR wants. Are we going to magically get brand new targets two weeks into a January window that have not even been approached?

At this point, any new owners will likely look at what is left of the season as a transition period. They need a CEO and CFO already. I don't see a new owner sacking the manager to boot.

Interesting points but unless the takeover does not happen until the tail end of the season then if Robinson survives more then one game after that picture of the flag goes up on the OS letting us all know it has finally happened then I will be stunned.

It is not even specific to us, new owners want their own man in the dug out at nearly every club in the country, sometimes even when that manager is doing a decent job, so someone like Robinson has no chance.

I just hope Jackson survives the clear out, he should be fine since he is also employed as a player.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Fair enough. =)

Do you feel Jackson is really good at his job as a.... coach? Or was he an appointment due to club loyalty (common in football, I notice) and perhaps even a money saving move by RD? I am not being sarcastic with this question, I am really interested.

I sometimes wonder why football clubs hire within all the time. Can't better candidates be found by looking beyond SE7? Going to the same pool that has led to middling success/failure seems like being stuck in a rut. Surely there must be better assistant coaches with proven experience we can poach. It's done with players all the time.

Thanks. I wanna learn more about this.
  • Options
    How we’re putting on weight caused by eating all those extra chips.
    And possibly strain injuries from holding them as we eat them.
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Fair enough. =)

Do you feel Jackson is really good at his job as a.... coach? Or was he an appointment due to club loyalty (common in football, I notice) and perhaps even a money saving move by RD? I am not being sarcastic with this question, I am really interested.

I sometimes wonder why football clubs hire within all the time. Can't better candidates be found by looking beyond SE7? Going to the same pool that has led to middling success/failure seems like being stuck in a rut. Surely there must be better assistant coaches with proven experience we can poach. It's done with players all the time.

IMO in football having people who understand the club(whichever club) can be a huge advantage, as you see it in management quite often, they do great at one club but fail at others, it is not because they have suddenly become a poor manager/coach, it is because that one club was a perfect fit.

That is why the likes of Jackson staying, the hopeful 4th return of CP, maybe even Curbs returning in some capacity would all be a huge benefit to our club even if other options look better on paper.
  • Options
    He hasn’t gone yet
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Fair enough. =)

IMO in football having people who understand the club(whichever club) can be a huge advantage, as you see it in management quite often, they do great at one club but fail at others, it is not because they have suddenly become a poor manager/coach, it is because that one club was a perfect fit.

That is why the likes of Jackson staying, the hopeful 4th return of CP, maybe even Curbs returning in some capacity would all be a huge benefit to our club even if other options look better on paper.
    Thanks.

So in that case, JJ might be quite solid but since HIS manager is KR and KR's manager is essentially RD, he is limited by the inherent limits of those above him?

Seems like clubs are like fish... they rot from the head down.
  • Options

Fair enough. =)

Thanks.

So in that case, JJ might be quite solid but since HIS manager is KR and KR's manager is essentially RD, he is limited by the inherent limits of those above him?

Seems like clubs are like fish... they rot from the head down.
    Yes, until we get a new owner then no manager is going to be a success but I still think KR is under performing and overrated.

I would fully expect Jackson to be a good manager/coach for us under a regular owner, as just like CP is a student of the Curbs style, Jackson learnt from Powell, all three men truly understand Charlton and that is not something you can judge on paper, it is something special that fans of all clubs should cherish and appreciate when they get someone at their club with that connection.
  • Options
    If he ever goes that is....
  • Options
    I have a feeling people will be moaning about increased ticket prices
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Moaning about Muir's intention of lowering debt rather than spending money.
  • Options
    Moaning about RD’s linkedin page
  • Options
    Simon Francis
  • Options
    Looking forward to having new owners to moan about and the return of Morgan Fox.
  • Options
    Scp and negative tactics
  • Options
    The youngsters not getting a chance in the first team squad. :wink:
  • Options
    only finishing 8th in the premier league...
  • Options
    Redhenry said:

The youngsters not getting a chance in the first team squad. :wink:

Guess we'll be moaning when Man City fans come on here and start trolling us claiming they never wanted Leo Messi in the first place? ;)
  • Options
    Music - too loud, too quiet, not upbeat enough, too upbeat

PA announcer - too loud, too quiet, not being upbeat enough, being over the top

Pies - too hot, too cold.......
  • Options
    BDL said:

Are you coming back with PV then Dave? ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    How despite being 14 points clear at the top of the championship and set for a record breaking return to the premier league, we still managed to show our excellent cup pedigree by losing 1-0 away to Curzon Ashton in the FA Cup 3rd round
  • Options
    Ticket prices, rigid 442, other fans moaning we've bought the league, poor away fan turnout, leaving the valley for sterile ground, asking where's the big pitchside announcer who was actually a bit of a laugh and in touch with the fans, cost to into crossbars, bring back the sofa, why has the training ground been sold and no youth set up, plastic fans, merger with millwall worrying, ebbsfleet could have been our feeder club, ebbsfleet no good as our feeder club, the museum roof has a leak, vintage cartoon strips ruined, powell and curbs are dinosaurs, merger with rangers worrying, need a bigger trophy room for all them European cups, where's the big pitch announcer gone, he was a laugh
  • Options
    How thin the program is now
    How long it takes to be served a tepid cup of overpriced coffee at halftime by a taciturn, innumerate, disinterested teenager clearly never having been trained in customer service, basic food hygiene, arithmetic or erudition
    Cold, asthmatic hand-dryers in the bogs
    Tax sponge, bone idle, railway bill with furious inferiority complex and anger management issues, who is still preventing access to a half empty platform after matches but only on freezing damp evenings, just because he can
    Plus ca change.
  • Options
    Jermain decuntingfoe
  • Options
    BDL said:

Music - too loud, too quiet, not upbeat enough, too upbeat

Pies - too hot, too cold.......

Chips - not enough
  • Options
    Green or Waggy?
  • Options
    Jimmy Seed being sacked in 1956
  • Options
    That was lose 3-2 after being upn2-1?
  • Options

Wouldn't it be great if, and I know its a big IF, we actually didn't have anything to moan at as far as CAFC is concerned and we support the new owner(s), whoever they are, as they show ambition for the club, re-involve as many fans as possible and we see an upturn again in the football, the attendance and the atmosphere. That would be my New Year wish, all fans united once again in helping to get this club back up the leagues.

Don't be daft we are Charlton moaning is what we do!
  • Options
    For me it will be aimed at any of the small band of OTT outspoken apologists, no matter where they lurk or try to hide.
    I can categorically state I will never forgive them for the hateful and incessant ridicule they have shown to those of us who tried in some way or another (be it by demonstrating or boycotting), to voice our displeasure and not just sit behind our keyboards as they did, to their eternal shame.
    They contributed absolutely nothing, apart from heaping scorn upon THE VAST MAJORITY of fellow fans who sought to make their voices heard, in whatever way they chose.
    That’s what we as Addicks are all about, it’s what we do.....it’s the Addicks way of dealing with things.....if you don’t get it you never will be a true Addick and can never lay claim to be part of the Addicks family.
    If you don’t like it, then get your sorry arses out of here and never come back.....you’ll not be missed for a second.