Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will The Wigan Game Go Ahead?

Comments

• Options
    DA9 said:

se9addick said:

I'm sure the ground will be fine, I'd be very surprised if that was an issue. Travel might be more of a problem though if the snow is bad...

Isn't it often the areas around the ground (or the stands themselves) that are considered dangerous which leads to matches being called off ?
    As the show is more for the early part of the day, that should give enough time to clear the pavements around the ground?

The way we are playing at the moment, I imagine Wigan will be desperate to get the game on...
    We have called games off due to icy streets around the Valley rather than the assumed pitch reason.
    That was with an afternoon kickoff though. And it's oop north so I assume the locals are used to walking through snow in their clogs to fetch a lump of coal etc
  • Options
    Well they have one less meal to serve in the directors lounge now....
  • Options
    I live 12 minutes' drive from Wigan and I'm not fucking going. HTH
  • Options

Travelling down, got hotel booked so hoping it will be on. Its meant to change to rain in afternoon with temp of about 5 so I don't see it being a problem.

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

I'm sure the ground will be fine, I'd be very surprised if that was an issue. Travel might be more of a problem though if the snow is bad...

Isn't it often the areas around the ground (or the stands themselves) that are considered dangerous which leads to matches being called off ?
    As the show is more for the early part of the day, that should give enough time to clear the pavements around the ground?

The way we are playing at the moment, I imagine Wigan will be desperate to get the game on...
    We have called games off due to icy streets around the Valley rather than the assumed pitch reason.
    Yes Wigan have undersoil heating and rain can melt snow and it say 5 degrees. There is not a lot of snow forecast and it should be straight forward enough to grit up around the stadium and surrounding areas so hopefully it should not be too much of a problem.
    More grit than we've shown on the pitch for a while.
  • Options

Have Sky shown any L1 games this season?

They’ve shown a few - normally on international weekends when there’s no Championship games

• Options
    The Fanackapans will be driving up tomorrow morning, meeting Marilyn & Oli , travelling by train and all staying at the Premier Inn.

BBC forecast indicates snow on higher ground is a possibility but cloudy & dry come late afternoon/evening with temps around 4-5 degrees.

SO looking forward to this now whether we get anything from the game or not.
  • Options
    Going and staying in HI Express in between visiting relatives in North Wales and Lancashire. Looking forward to it a bit more now!
  • Options
    Suggest anybody driving up leaves extra time. We came North yesterday and took about hour and half longer than usual.
  • Options
    redman said:

Suggest anybody driving up leaves extra time. We came North yesterday and took about hour and half longer than usual.

Yes more worried about the journey up (I'm on the train to Manchester tomorrow morning) than the actual game not going ahead
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    See you all in wonderful Wigan, in a celebratory mood!
  • Options

Travelling down, got hotel booked so hoping it will be on. Its meant to change to rain in afternoon with temp of about 5 so I don't see it being a problem.

DA9 said:

se9addick said:

Yes Wigan have undersoil heating and rain can melt snow and it say 5 degrees. There is not a lot of snow forecast and it should be straight forward enough to grit up around the stadium and surrounding areas so hopefully it should not be too much of a problem.
    More grit than we've shown on the pitch for a while.
    A single grain would meet that requirement.
  • Options
    Such a grim day outside - so befitting of the fixture
  • Options
    I’m an hour south of wigan and no snow here either
  • Options
    I'd be more worried about travelling to the game than Wigan itself. I'm in West Yorkshire and it snowed overnight and settled and it's been snowing for about three hours now non-stop. I am meant to be going, dad coming up from the south, but we're considering not going.
  • Options

I'd be more worried about travelling to the game than Wigan itself. I'm in West Yorkshire and it snowed overnight and settled and it's been snowing for about three hours now non-stop. I am meant to be going, dad coming up from the south, but we're considering not going.

Feel free to send plenty down south.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

No snow at Manchester Airport unlike Leeds and Bradford near where you are mate which is higher ground but you should be ok on the motorway network.
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

You can't be far from me then @LouisMend pop in with my Xmas pressie and I'll make you a cuppa :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

RedChaser said:

LouisMend said:

You can't be far from me then @LouisMend pop in with my Xmas pressie and I'll make you a cuppa :wink:
    Don’t forget, he only uses a Crystal Palace Mug though.
    That'll probably be my present so he can use that one, now where did I put those very stale (un)digestives just in case :wink:
  • Options
    Very light covering of snow in the Midlands but nothing significant
  • Options
    On the 3:07 to Liverpool with father and son and very much looking forward to the trip so hope there are no problems with the game going ahead.

Have absolutely no expectations for the game but will be enjoying myself whatever.
  • Options
    Is the Wigan game live on Sky then?
  • Options
    uie2 said:

Is the Wigan game live on Sky then?

No its been moved to aid player recovery and avoid congestion like what Gillingham will have to deal with
  • Options
    On train down from Glasgow after a little bit of concern with previous delays. Here's hoping for the 0-3 Last time we played them on a Friday night but would bite hands off for a bore draw.
  • Options
    Ok after a 6 hour car journey, finally made it here, no snow in sight, here’s hoping plenty of support songs and songs thanking Katren are rolled out tonight.
  • Options
    Just on coach - can’t be that far from Wigan now

About 41 on the coach I think
  • Options
    cabbles said:

Just on coach - can’t be that far from Wigan now

About 41 on the coach I think

Gonna be a bumper crowd tonight!