Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

January transfer window

Comments

• Options

DaSilva is one of our best players and a great loan but I can't see how the lad has any future at all at Chelsea. Mavadidi looked a great prospect but there has to be a question mark as to whether he can provide the goals we need. Not saying he can't but there is no evidence he can to date.

Dasilva most likely doesn't have a future at Chelsea. They'll loan him out for a few more years and assuming he continues to progress he'll be sold for millions. I'll be surprised if he's not playing Championship football next season in another loan deal.

If he does have a future at Chelsea it'll probably be after they then buy him back like they did with Matic!
  • Options
    how many loan players can play in the first team at the same time?
  • Options
    edited January 2018

5, I believe.
  • Options

5, I believe.
    Yes, Im pretty certain you can name 5 in a match day squad.
  • Options
    cheers
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

A loan signing often comes with conditions, Jay daSilva is a good example where games have to be guaranteed...although Doodoo was seemingly exempt.

He did not appear to have conditions on his last loans. He has hardly played this season?
    If we are talking about Mavadidi then I believe the reason he is leaving Preston for us is that he wasn't being given game time there.I can only assume that we have given assurances that he will play (when fit) with us otherwise why leave a team high up in the Championship fir one struggling a league lower.

Don't be surprised to see him start most games until the end of his loan period or an injury sends him back to Arsenal.
    Good.

If he stays fit I would expect him to score more than 5 goals so a big improvement.
    Not yet scored a league goal in his (very) short career. I appreciate that he hasn't played much, but I can't see him scoring many in a team devoid of creating chances.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

A loan signing often comes with conditions, Jay daSilva is a good example where games have to be guaranteed...although Doodoo was seemingly exempt.

He did not appear to have conditions on his last loans. He has hardly played this season?
    If we are talking about Mavadidi then I believe the reason he is leaving Preston for us is that he wasn't being given game time there.I can only assume that we have given assurances that he will play (when fit) with us otherwise why leave a team high up in the Championship fir one struggling a league lower.

Don't be surprised to see him start most games until the end of his loan period or an injury sends him back to Arsenal.
    Good.

If he stays fit I would expect him to score more than 5 goals so a big improvement.
    Not yet scored a league goal in his (very) short career. I appreciate that he hasn't played much, but I can't see him scoring many in a team devoid of creating chances.
    We are creating chances, we're just not finishing.

We had 11 corners against gillingham and 11 shots at goal, 5 on target and 6 off.

The chances are there, we're not taking them.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

Good.

We are creating chances, we're just not finishing.

We had 11 corners against gillingham and 11 shots at goal, 5 on target and 6 off.

The chances are there, we're not taking them.
    Some decent crosses and balls across the box, a more predatory striker than Josh may have made more of them
  • Options
    edited January 2018

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

Good.

I agree - I don't think we are creating enough good chances.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

Good.

I agree - I don't think we are creating enough good chances.
    Probably because KR insists on playing Reeves at No 10, who is supposed to create goals, but seems to not be interested. When we had Clarke it worked but KR will have to swallow his pride, admit Reeves is not up to it and start with someone else in that position
  • Options
    Fanni available, but probably going to MLS.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

Redrobo said:

seth plum said:

Good.

IF played up front and starts as was suggested I think he will soon start scoring, AND create a few.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:
    wow, just wow. I can only assume that our "takeover" has scuppered any deal. Maybe its closer to home (?) but surely we could offer that. We should have had it wrapped up weeks ago. Robinson said at the Bromley meeting that he had spoken to Mick Macarthy about Moore but thought he was going to stay at Ipswich.
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Where's the signing mentioned on here that we apparently weren't allowed to announce until the transfer window opened then?

Still waiting for DD to be done...........
  • Options
    Scoham said:

Where's the signing mentioned on here that we apparently weren't allowed to announce until the transfer window opened then?

It wasn’t really a singing- just Forster-Caskey coming back from injury. Now he is injured again they are holding off until he is fit again.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clive said:
    More likely Palmer will go on loan to a Championship team and Ugbo to a league 1 side after both struggled to make an impact in their current divisions. DaSilva is playing regularly and well, unless a Championship team really want him for the seond half of the season then I can't see them recalling
  • Options
    Is Ugbo the type of striker we need?
  • Options
    We need Eddie Nketiah
  • Options
    Redrobo said:

Mavididi done deal and is available for this Saturday.
    Doesn't cover the real problem area up top but one in all the same.

Great news. Well done Robbo and RM.

Striker next please.
    I never thought I’d again see “Well done ... RM” on this forum.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Palmer wasn't playing enough, that's why he was recalled.
  • Options

clive said:
    Palmer wasn't playing enough, that's why he was recalled.
    I saw Palmer play for Huddersfield at Carrow road last season.
    He was the best player on the park as Huddersfield beat Norwich 2-1.
  • Options
    signed for the wrong team - just needed to drive up the M1 & M6 for 50-odd miles.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    We will probably sign Hildeberto Ogden.
  • Options
    Another one we missed out on... no, wait, who?