Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Roland blowing our transfer budget on a farm!

13»

Comments

• Options
    How awfully they have decided to run charlton is strangely even more evident while doing the farm analogies. The truth is, they probably won't treat the farm anywhere near as disresctfully and terribly as they have done with our club. Why the immediate contempt and hate for charlton, the lies and everything else? Makes absolutely no sense! Obviously this particular topic has been discussed over and over again, but still.

Why? The question.

Roland is a multi millionaire entrepreneur. He is NOT stupid.

We have never had an honest answer to the question. ....why?

I think, behind all the embarrassing dancing, he's an extremely bitter manipulating old c*nt that feels he has to attempt to damage something in order to feel better about himself.

Having more money does not automatically make you better then anyone else.

Classless old fool.

It's the drunk old fart in the corner that gets off on taking the piss out of others, but a less funny version.

Id rather be in my 20s and poor then 71 and rich (that's not me saying I'm poor)

• Options

It's a disgrace. He hasn't even sold Konsa yet.

Fear not!

There's a method in his madness.

Ok, which one is our new January signing striker?
  • Options
    Katrien Meire hotel manager, Karel Fraeye in charge of the laundry room.
  • Options
    Apparently he's building a network of dairy farms so that he can mooooooove cattle around. I've heard there's one under development in Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    Blimey looking at all that ironwork behind, is it really worth keeping the old carcass of a farmhouse? Looks like it would be quicker, cheaper, and look better to just start from scratch. Not like Roly to get things wrong.
  • Options

A few more recent photos showing progress at Hof Van Stayen, Blavier Farm.

Finished by May?

Yeah, erm right.....

100% that it will get finished before the academy does tho...!!!,The Konsa mons will be paying for the windows/roof & a couple of en-suite bathrooms...
  • Options
    It is (?was) the Belgian equivalent of a listed building.
    Here are some pictures taken by a blogger in March 2013, before Roland got busy with his sledge-hammer! https://bpvst.wordpress.com/2013/03/09/fotoreeks-hoeve-blavier-t-hof-van-stayen/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Was it wishful thinking that I read it first as "Roland has bought the farm"?
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

Here are some pictures taken by a blogger in March 2013, before Roland got busy with his sledge-hammer! https://bpvst.wordpress.com/2013/03/09/fotoreeks-hoeve-blavier-t-hof-van-stayen/

How long ago did Duchâtelet buy Blavier, was it about 2006?
  • Options
    18/6/2006 http://www.voetbalbelgie.be/nl/article.php?id=4504
    STVV PURCHASES THE 'HOF VAN STAYEN' FARM
    STVV will soon have extra parking places and accommodation options for test players. The pride of Haspengouw bought a farm with associated land, located a stone's throw from Staaien.
    The name of this farm is 'Hof van Stayen' and is located at a hundred meters from the stadium, at the roundabout at the Hasselt-Tienen interchange. This farm will undergo a major refurbishment and will in the first instance serve to temporarily house trialists or new players.
    The farm will also be of use during the next construction phases. STVV wants to plant a new stand next to the street next summer. A year later, a new main stand would emerge from the ground.
    During the construction works the administration can move to this site. The barns can be used for the maintenance material. After the construction works, the farm is furnished as a dwelling, so that there are rental possibilities.

There were planning issues, so these ideas were never put into effect.
    NB. If the headline is correct, then legally the farm is owned by RD's "life partner" Marieke Höfte.
  • Options
    N01R4M said:

looks a really lovely old farm
    Sad he's bought it. That'll be the end of anything vaguely rural about it now. A lovely, shiny, square corporate building where people can have meetings. FFS Roland you bugger up everything you buy.
  • Options
    Christ almighty, if that’s a Belgian listed building then they’ve set the bench mark incredibly low!
    Or maybe high......depending on how you look at it?
  • Options
    The TripAdvisor idea is an excellent one.
    What is the name of the hotel on the street side of the stadium, because Arsentatters and I can already do a genuine one from the taxi excursion.
    There is a wide enough fanbase at Charlton for reviews on his hotels and restaurants to be shared around.
    Ahem, of course five star reviews are allowed if appropriate, especially five star reviews to Roland's competitors.
  • Options

N01R4M said:

Sad he's bought it. That'll be the end of anything vaguely rural about it now. A lovely, shiny, square corporate building where people can have meetings. FFS Roland you bugger up everything you buy.
    Have meetings and dance

• Options

N01R4M said:

Christ almighty, if that’s a Belgian listed building then they’ve set the bench mark incredibly low!
    Or maybe high......depending on how you look at it?

I think we need to remember that many Belgian towns and villages were flattened during the wars of the 20th century, and under those circumstances any surviving old buildngs become doubly valuable to the national heritage. This makes it even sadder that so little of the original structure is to remain in the new hotel.
  • Options
    “Old Du-chat-e-let had a farm. Ei Ey Ei Ey o. And on that farm he had a....”
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    What are everybody on here complaining about? people have been saying for ages that they hope Roland buys the farm soon, he hears about this, and misunderstanding takes the phrase literally.
  • Options
    So he bought this farm more than ten years ago and has wrecked it and left it as a derelict eyesore all that time because he couldn't get his shit together and sort the planning?
  • Options
    Missed It said:

So he bought this farm more than ten years ago and has wrecked it and left it as a derelict eyesore all that time because he couldn't get his shit together and sort the planning?

To be fair, I think we can guess who his construction manager is.

I bet the drainage system is awesome.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I’m looking forward to the Guests’ Sofa where customers can get a brilliant view of the hotel foyer. Whilst, of course, feeling they are back at home on their own sofa.
    It’s that sort of brilliant, blue sky, air head, marketing, we are all going to miss one day....
  • Options
    watch Katie balls up Hotel Management now too.
  • Options

watch Katie balls up Hotel Management now too.

Joking aside, there may yet be a link between this place and recent news about our fragrant (ex) CEO
  • Options
    If she does continue to work for "Uncle Roland", it is a tacit admission that there is no other way she could get and retain a senior position.
  • Options
    Countryfile will have it's first Countryfool !
  • Options
    About to become Hotel Titanic ?