Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

TV FILM WATCH 27th December 2017

edited December 2017 in Not Sports Related
27th of December

01.15pm Channel 4 --- Sunshine on Leith

04.55pm Channel 5 --- Guns of Navarone

07.30pm E4 --- I,Robot

10.00pm 5Star --- Django unchanged---- Bedsaddick's Film of the day

10.05pm ITV 4 --- Jaws

11.35pm Film4 --- Colombania

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017

27th of December

01.15pm Channel 4 --- Sunshine on Leith

04.55pm Channel 5 --- Guns of Navarone

07.30pm E4 --- I,Robot

10.00pm 5Star --- Django unchanged---- Bedsaddick's Film of the day

10.05pm ITV 4 --- Jaws

11.35pm Film4 --- Colombania

What !!! with these 2 classics in there. I can only assume that you are from the Tony Watt school of film reviewers.
  • Options
    Django Unchained is a film I’ve wanted to watch for years. I rarely get round to watching ‘long films’ more than two hours long
  • Options
    Guns of Navarone - terrific.
  • Options

Django Unchained is a film I’ve wanted to watch for years. I rarely get round to watching ‘long films’ more than two hours long

It made me feel ill. I really think Tarantino had got something wrong with him.
  • Options
    Might watch Guns of Navarone.
  • Options

There are a couple of difficult moments in it, but it's the usual Tarantino tongue in cheek gore fest. I generally hate violence and gore, but somehow Tarantino films are ok with me, and I find them generally very enjoyable. I liked both this one and Hateful8.
  • Options
    I, Robot is a funny one. I loved it when I first saw it, it's a quality action movie based on a the morals of a really good book. And yet when I rewatch it, I realise Will Smith's character is a massive, massive wanker. Also, look out for the astonishingly unsubtle product placement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    johnny73 said:

Might watch Guns of Navarone.

Bang on the money :wink:
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

Guys, let’s remember @Bedsaddick is kinda doing this under duress, let’s not crucify him on his first auto-correct issue, we all make pigeons

It doesn’t bother me ! Bring it on .
    I realise I’ve got the job for the rest of my life now!
    You know it makes sense Beds, never a good idea to get on the wrong side of my Mrs trust me :wink:
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

I, Robot is a funny one. I loved it when I first saw it, it's a quality action movie based on a the morals of a really good book. And yet when I rewatch it, I realise Will Smith's character is a massive, massive wanker. Also, look out for the astonishingly unsubtle product placement.

I agree the product placements is nuts but no more than a Bond film but definitely less subtle.
  • Options
    We watched a film about the Whitehouse being taken over, on ITV2. It weren't too bad, apart from it being massively ott with the explosions etc.
  • Options
    The Man Who Never Was. (Operation Mincemeat)

I have connection with this film as I once worked in the actual office where this was planned. The office is little changed in shape or size since the operation and was being used as an IT build/store room while I was there.

It was spooky when you went in there, knowing the history.

• Options
    Watched I, Robot for the first time, was enjoying it until the final third when it became action scene aplenty.
    Also saw Bright yesterday. I'm all Will Smithed out.
  • Options
    If only there was a thread for films you've watched already. We watched Bright the other day, very good for free I thought...
  • Options
    Yeah I liked Bright as well.