Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Squad to report for training at 7am tomorrow (post Southend)

Comments

• Options
    Well, we know that we need strengthening. We also need Fosu back in that side. We are still well placed for the Play-Offs if those things happen, but I'm not holding my breath.
  • Options

Out of interest what is a normal start / finish time for training during the week these days anyway ? I infer they get fed and watered when they rock up too.

A normal week (with no midweek game) would be arrive at 9.30 train from 10 - 12/12.30, lunch and then hime. That’s Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with Wednesday off.
  • Options

Iwelumo nailed it on the Channel 5 footy show:

Why go public that the players are being called in at 7am for extra training ?
    Just do it, and then put in a decent performance at Wigan.

He is right of course, but Robinson is an emotional man that cares. The issue will be how the players react - some probably won't like it and that doesn't help. That is where somebody like JJ can have an impact. Turn the reaction into a positive one. But we have lost quality from the side and ultimately that needs putting back in.
  • Options
    I wonder what the bacon rolls were like.
  • Options
    smsm
    edited December 2017

Fumbluff said:

7-715 is for bacon sandwiches, nail salon and hairdressing.....

Reeves don't need 15 minutes for his barnet.
    Ricky does.

I think there is a lot to be said for players having to earn privileges ( or annoyances to anyone over the age of 40) such as coloured boots, fancy haircuts, expensive motors. Perhaps they should be linked to the numbers of clean sheets, assists and goals - so black boots, short back and sides and clapped out Ford Fiestas for all our current heroes?
  • Options

Out of interest what is a normal start / finish time for training during the week these days anyway ? I infer they get fed and watered when they rock up too.

A normal week (with no midweek game) would be arrive at 9.30 train from 10 - 12/12.30, lunch and then hime. That’s Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday with Wednesday off.
    Not a bad life - max 3 hours a day & 5 on a saturday - all for around £250k pa. And they wonder why we booed yesterday when they didn't up until gone 2pm.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Valley Pass has taken to showing 'behind the scenes at the training ground's clips. It is a bit harsh that Olly has to start at 7am too in order to capture the fun seeing as how he didn't play yesterday.
    PS the behind the scenes don't even feature the £8million Lookman trenches.
  • Options

Fumbluff said:

7-715 is for bacon sandwiches, nail salon and hairdressing.....

Reeves don't need 15 minutes for his barnet.
    Ricky does.

I don’t mate. I’m as follically challenged as Russell Slade.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

He is right of course, but Robinson is an emotional man that cares. The issue will be how the players react - some probably won't like it and that doesn't help. That is where somebody like JJ can have an impact. Turn the reaction into a positive one. But we have lost quality from the side and ultimately that needs putting back in.
    The ones who don’t like it, should have put the effort in yesterday and avoided 7am training today.

Iwelumo can f@ck off as well. He can have his say when’s he’s been a manager rather than sitting on a sofa telling others what they should be doing.
    Football is a team game- at all levels. You have players with a great attitude who are a joy to manage, you have players who are very strong who are a pain in the backside. All of you who played or play will know that - whatever your level. There are those who are great when things are going well but don't dig in when they are not. There are those that play for teh team and others that put themselves first. I co-manage an U17 team and we have players who we can put in any position and will do their best for the side. We have others who are a bit more precious (trying to be nice) and need much more managing. You have to factor all of these things in and maximise the strength of the team with what you have.

If we get a decent performance against Wigan, irrespective of the result, Robinson and his team will have done their jobs. But I do worry. After the Shrewsbury game last season, he said things through emotion that I don't think would have helped maximise the strength of the team. However good you are as a team, that is always what a manager has to do.
  • Options
    Perhaps he (Robinson) should have had them in at 7 am on Christmas Day and given them a lecture on how important it would be to get a result at Southend. I appreciate this would affect their families but that is one of the downsides of being a footballer, afterall if they had performed against |Blackpool there would have been no need for any form of punishment. As for the Wigan game I'm not sure if any extra training is going to make a difference, what is needed though is a visible change of attitude added to a bit of determination to do better.
  • Options

Not a bad life - max 3 hours a day & 5 on a saturday - all for around £250k pa. And they wonder why we booed yesterday when they didn't up until gone 2pm.
    To be fair, it’s probably the about the number of hours I put in during my 7 hours a day! I’m not quite on £250k pa - when I say quite, I mean nowhere near!
  • Options
    sm said:

And in the likely event that they don't perform at Wigan get them in at 6 before the Gills game.
    They will probably be getting off the bus after a 6 hour journey back from Wigan, unless they are staying up there overnight. They will be training on the Sunday before the New years Day match against the Gills. Poor dears.

• Options
    edited December 2017

Thanks for info (Ricky-0tto). So in reality in a couple of hours early to watch a 90 minute video and have a 'de brief' about it. Not really a big deal. More a headline for Robibson than a penalty for the squad.

You'd think they (the players) might actually want to get in early and train a bit more of their own volition and not need to be told to do so. Assuming they care about this season and their own prospects.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

I don't buy into this at all. Robinson hasn't got them in early because he cares, it's a comment that he knows fans will like. Nothing else.
    You don’t know that.
  • Options
    I wonder if they’re still there?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017

Rather than the big breakfast, I wonder if it’s going to turn into the last supper.
  • Options

Polish should be just setting on their toenails by now...
  • Options
    Ahhhhh. I always wondered what Polish Pete was all about.
  • Options

I wonder what the bacon rolls were like.

Gone by the time the players arrived I would imagine
    S. Perks had them all.
  • Options

Probably cracking opening their 4th can of Carlsberg en route to Newcastle by now.
  • Options
    I reckon we will be lucky to get nil against Wigan :smiley:
  • Options

Football is not all about scoring....
  • Options
    The man is , has been and always will be a walking cliche of a Mgr all words no substance and limited ability but probably the best there is for us right now
  • Options

That's not important.
    Just have a dance after the game.