Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Southend vs Charlton: Post match views

Comments

• Options

The first half is up there with the worst I’ve ever seen. Defensively we were absolutely dreadful.

2nd half was better. Holmes and Reeves got us moving forwards.

Dijksteel at RB is suicide. Personally would have put Konsa RB and AD in centre mid after Kashi (who was appalling) went off.

Magennis, offers us nothing. Holmes is a greedy f@cker but is the only one who takes, the game to the oppo.

Robinson will say we were the better team in the 2nd half, and he would be right. What he won’t say is that Konsa and Sarr can’t play together and that he needs to stop with the 4-3-3 shit.

I walked out of the ground and actually didn’t give a shit about the result. I accept that we are crap and will continue to be so until ownership changes.

At least the Otto family were with you to keep the spirits up.
  • Options
    How much more cooking sherry do I need to drink before the Gillingham game in order to dull the pain?
  • Options

9th confirmed, game in hand means nothing as we will lose to Wigan anyway. Shambles.

/ just seen Wigan are 4/6 against us next game, I'll be all over that. Bookies still haven't cottoned on how crap we are yet

Thats worth a bag of sand all day long.
  • Options
    if we are still im mid negotiations NOTHING will happen re players in and out ----they are part of the assets ----and the Scouser is safe at least untill the negotiations are done (not saying he should get the spainish archer)

think it cant get worse remember its CAFC and know it can
  • Options
    Charlton were crap.
    Southend were only average at best.
    Made us look pony.
    Too many kids playing against men and a few of our men are just not good enough.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LouisMend said:
    Not you Louis but this is a pile of steaming crap. I bet Southend, and 90% of all other clubs reported in yesterday, yes Christmas Day, to prepare. Robinson goes on about letting the players be human and such, but they have their Christmas do early precisely because they know Christmas is disrupted (unless you are, ahem, injured).
    So after all that fart arseing about and stuff, it now means a 7am start because players have taken advantage of the lax regime and let everybody down, quelle surprise.
  • Options
    Discusting! That piss-up at Newcastle sums us up!
  • Options
    seth plum said:

LouisMend said:
    Not you Louis but this is a pile of steaming crap. I bet Southend, and 90% of all other clubs reported in yesterday, yes Christmas Day, to prepare. Robinson goes on about letting the players be human and such, but they have their Christmas do early precisely because they know Christmas is disrupted (unless you are, ahem, injured).
    So after all that fart arseing about and stuff, it now means a 7am start because players have taken advantage of the lax regime and let everybody down, quelle surprise.
    In for 7am, in cold weather is that not just looking for someone to tweak their hamstring?

I'd be happier if they met later and he had prepared himself more.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Utter utter garbage, it’s all to familiar and depressing, the players couldn’t even get the basics right.
  • Options

seth plum said:

LouisMend said:
    In for 7am, in cold weather is that not just looking for someone to tweak their hamstring?

I'd be happier if they met later and he had prepared himself more.
    I'm hoping the 7am start is so that they can sit through the a video of whole 90+7 mins (like us fans had to) & hear some home truths.

No point in doing any training - nothing new is being coached so whats the point.
  • Options
    Might as well pre plan that idea for Saturday morning as well.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    My plan for Wigan.

Player a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k
    Kicks the
    To row z
    For 90+ minutes.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

My plan for Wigan.

Kicks the
    To row z
    For 90+ minutes.

Thats probably a better plan B than any other i've seen so far this season.
  • Options
    Only one positive, we were so bad that when I went drinking with my Shrimper mates afterwards they didn't have the heart to take the piss. Instead they felt too sorry for me.
  • Options
    What was all that bollocks when Robinson took over about no player of mine will ever fail the shirt and they won't leave anything on this pitch, yawn, yawn. Scouse gobshite.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

LouisMend said:
    Robbo & Bow looking for their players ?

Or maybe another excuse ?
    Robbo and Bowyer look for top of table and see it disappear over the horizon!
  • Options

Discusting! That piss-up at Newcastle sums us up!

Robinson is not a strong enough person to bollocks the players coz he's to matey with them all! We need a Warnock type manager
  • Options
    Rob7Lee said:

seth plum said:

My plan for Wigan.

Kicks the
    To row z
    For 90+ minutes.

Thats probably a better plan B than any other i've seen so far this season.
    You just know one of them would get it wrong and score an own goal.
  • Options

Was a good day at the office for us. You looked good for about 25 mins of the second half and deservedly got back into the game.

I think one team just wanted it more than the other. On another day you may have got a point.

I wouldnt worry about us creeping up to that top 6. We will be selling our best player in January and I'm sure we will do what we for best and lose the next game against Shrewsbury.

Good luck for the rest of the season. I have a feeling we will be playing each other again next season.

Can we have Ricky Holmes. He was the best player on the pitch.

Thanks for your comments. You might as well have good luck for the rest of the season because we ain’t going anywhere.

• Options

Just seen the goals on Sky:
    http://www.skysports.com/football/southend-vs-charlton/375456

All 3 of the goals we conceded will make you wince.

I was quite impressed with our goal though - lovely header down by Magennis in midfield, good driving run from Ricky before squaring across the box, and there's Magennis again to touch the ball back to Reeves, who with great composure passed the ball into the net.

The team goal celebrations were very muted - was that because of the halftime b*llocking or just that they don't much like Reeves?

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Just seen the goals on Sky:
    http://www.skysports.com/football/southend-vs-charlton/375456

All 3 of the goals we conceded will make you wince.

I was quite impressed with our goal though - lovely header down by Magennis in midfield, good driving run from Ricky before squaring across the box, and there's Magennis again to touch the ball back to Reeves, who with great composure passed the ball into the net.

The team goal celebrations were very muted - was that because of the halftime b*llocking or just that they don't much like Reeves?

A combination of wanting to get on with the game & being stunned that we actually managed to score away from home. That's the first league goal I've seen on my travels this season. 0-2 (Plymouth), 0-1 (Gillingham) & now 1-3. Add in the cup games (2-1 v Exeter & 1-3 v AFC Wimbledon) makes it F - 4, A - 11. Thanks Robinson for your attacking football. Now piss off.
  • Options

don't think Robbo helped himself by appointing two rookies with no experience of coaching as first team coach and assistant manager. Appoint one or the other and have an old head alongside you to listen to and bounce off.

Robinson has over 400 games under his belt as a manager. That should be more than enough games for him to have developed a plan b. MK Dons always said the same thing about him and he doesn't seem to have learned much in that respect at all.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    I hang this severe drop in performance on KR more than RD.

KR got almost every player he asked for in the offseason. This is HIS bunch and he has been left alone by our awful owner to do his thing more than any manager since he bought this club.

RD out is always what we want, but this performance lately is mostly on KR.