Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Southend vs Charlton: Post match views

Comments

• Dons equalize a sliver of hope
  • Not there, but if we concede three at Southend, how many at Wigan?
  • About fucking time.
    I'm sick of him saying how good we are every time we lose
  • edited December 2017
    Poor first half. Better second but we have too many players that are not up to it when they all play. The way to blood young players is one or two at a time. I would include Konsa, Djcksteel, Aribo, and KAG in that and four is too many.

I don’t go to many away games these days. I was surprised by just how much abuse our fans have our players. It felt a little hostile to me.

Either way we were poor and deserved nothing.
  • He will have calmed down by tonight and left all the players voicemails not to come in till regular time 1pm
  • LouisMend said:
    Robbo & Bow looking for their players ?

Or maybe another excuse ?
  • Sponsored links:

• How will that actually help though? We've not got enough players and the club is a mess

Couldn’t even fill the subs’ bench, more like a Sunday pub team,
  • LouisMend said:
    As I said earlier, when the going gets tough Robinson tends to slam the players
  • Sorry guys, I decided to go at the last minute. 6 wins in 50 games now over the last ten years for me. Time to stop coming home in December I think. Game over after 10 minutes. Just not picking up second balls in the area. Kashi clearly not fit, missing Bauer and Pearce, although Lennon did well when he came on. Reeves also looking a bit sharper. Two more defeats to look forward to, then I'll be gone.
  • We sit in 9th when the table updates, fat load of good those games in hand did for us
  • Sorry guys, I decided to go at the last minute. 6 wins in 50 games now over the last ten years for me. Time to stop coming home in December I think. Game over after 10 minutes. Just not picking up second balls in the area. Kashi clearly not fit, missing Bauer and Pearce, although Lennon did well when he came on. Reeves also looking a bit sharper. Two more defeats to look forward to, then I'll be gone.

You should try coming over in the summer. At least you won’t see us lose or win.
  • edited December 2017
    WANKERS!!!!

And a happy New Year to my fellow CL sufferers also...
  • Sponsored links:

• An Addick for life, I think I will avoid January which will inevitably be a month of bullshit optimism but ending with abject failure and the usual disappointment. Where's my knitting ?
  • sm said:

All we need to save us against Wigan, courtesy of the network, is an Iranian World Cup superstar, an unknown French right back on the subs bench in a MittelEuropean league and a comedy goalkeeper. I trust a large laundry van has been ordered for after the game.

We almost beat Wigan with all of those! Then we lost
  • I didn't watch it. Didn't even listen to it. First time little interest from me. It's all so inevitable. We are terrible. The day these owners came into our club is probably the worst day in the history of the club. And that's no exagaration. It's just a stink around the whole place and the sooner they're out of here the better for everyone.

We can't even keep a promising start to the season going. What with injuries, a Manager who is more air than substance, players who have gone from 'great' to 'useless' in a month, a trip to Newcastle (would you believe that one), a tight arse of an owner so forget about the January window, and a supposed take over which is just dragging on and on. You name it!!! Just plain awful.

We are in a right old mess and I can't see this changing until these owners are out of here.
  • Rob7Lee said:

15% play offs 85% not play offs
    100% pissed and pissed off

100%fuck off Roland

Thats about the size of it.......

Just got in, the only plus point is Southend isn't all that far away.

No excuses, we just didn't turn up in the first half, summed up by when Kashi lost the ball in the centre circle and proceeded to sit on his backside for 10 seconds until Bowyers screaming finally made him see sense.

We're bang in trouble as the kids say, Big Mac, whats happened to him, atrocious for weeks if not months now, rarely wins a header, commits fouls left right and centre and if it's none of those he'll be offside, Kashi has disappeared, Ricky has a few head down and running moments but even he looks half the player he ways, Captain? Give me strength, he's no more a captain than the young right back, I'm struggling to find any positives.

The team cried out for a leader today, the only one we had was on the 6 man bench....... can't even field a full bench.

For all the criticism of the players, the manager needs to start to taking some responsibility here, he's been poor the last 4-5 weeks in his decision making during games.

If we play twice as good as we did today against Wigan then we'll only lose 5-0, play like today and Perry Suckling won't be the only goalkeeper with songs about him.
    Spot on about Magennis. Could not hit a cows arse with a banjo at the moment.
  • mogodon said:

LouisMend said:
    Yeah, but he's not singling out individuals to humiliate them publicly.

I'm pretty sure he didn't expect today's showing. He's emphasising the poor team performance and the lack of experience in defence.
    He's saying the 1st half was atrocious, players lost concentration and, "That first goal was a bad a goal I’ve ever seen conceded.”

He even said, "We took too many touches" ......... I never thought he'd ever say that!

• I thought KR was fairly safe up to now but we are on a bad run at the moment and this was a bad defeat. We can't realistically expect to get anything at Wigan, but if we lose there and then fail to beat Gillingham at home I think he may be gone.
  • Oggy Red said:

mogodon said:

LouisMend said:
    Yeah, but he's not singling out individuals to humiliate them publicly.

I'm pretty sure he didn't expect today's showing. He's emphasising the poor team performance and the lack of experience in defence.
    He's saying the 1st half was atrocious, players lost concentration and, "That first goal was a bad a goal I’ve ever seen conceded.”

He even said, "We took too many touches" ......... I never thought he'd ever say that!

The penny has finally dropped.
  • edited December 2017
    9th confirmed, game in hand means nothing as we will lose to Wigan anyway. Shambles.

/ just seen Wigan are 4/6 against us next game, I'll be all over that. Bookies still haven't cottoned on how crap we are yet
  • LouisMend said:
    Ted where are the players........Far Away.....the next win far away.

"hauling in the players at 7am" I think it would make more sense to play that line after the Wigan game.