Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• Rob7Lee said:

Okay, it is reasonable to assume that Robinson will be out of the door. New owners invariably make a new appointment.

Bring back Powell to finish what he started. He is the man to galvanise the fans and the club, this is desperately needed as these clowns have divided the fanbase and we all need to get back to doing the important thing. Supporting the 11 on the pitch.

Sometimes going back doesn't always work, but if it did for anyone it'd be for Powell. The expectations on his shoulders would be very high, but no manager, ex or otherwise, would have more support from the fans than him.
    Curbs?
    I think he's been out too long to come back into the game now, and at aged 60 his best days are behind him, I could see him in a Director of Football type role though. I think Powell would be more popular (rightly or wrongly).
  • RedChaser said:

MrLargo said:

I might start listening to his press conferences again, just so that I can take additional pleasure from not having to listen to them anymore when he f#*ks off in a couple of weeks and His Royal Highness Lord Christopher of Powell strolls back in, adorned in standard flat cap and sharp suit, and starts charming us all with his intelligence, integrity and comprehensive understanding of what it means to be a part of our magnificent football club.

Scouser - stop talking and start packing, your days are numbered.

how is that worth a flag from someone? For what it’s worth I agree with Mr Largo.
    Gotta say @SoundAsa£ I couldn't see how that warranted a flag mate.
    See you soon Mr Chaser.
  • edited December 2017
    How's the holiday going Elfs? I reckon Daisy was waiting for you to go abroad so she could slip away without you noticing' Not to worry, I've put you on my 'good luck sorry you're leaving card' :wink:
  • Anyway palarce are losing so let's all cheer up
  • RedChaser said:

How's the holiday going Elfs? I reckon Daisy was waiting for you to go abroad so she could slip away without you noticing' Not to worry, I've put you on my 'good luck sorry you're leaving card' :wink:

The hols are great mate.

I'm only sorry that I'll be missing the leaving do.

Just checking what East Stand seat to pick for the remaing four months.

"Happy days are here again".
  • Anyway palarce are losing so let's all cheer up

Need them cocks to lose a lot more.
  • Get rid, bring in Nathan Jones doing wonders at Luton, we would be a step up with new owners and he knows the club.

...with SCP as his Asst Manger.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

The hols are great mate.

Block F Row K
  • edited December 2017
    MrLargo said:

Get rid of the useless scouse *ucker- he's not one of 'us' anyway.

What does ' one of us mean'!
    Not long ago many on here attended Bromley/City Addicks and had nothing but praise for him.
    Probably had one of the worst injury crisis in living memory and then all of a sudden we are back to the usual name calling of him.
    And they say football fans are fickle!
    This message board has several thousand members. Don't think the views of a couple of hundred people at Bromley Addicks is relevant statistically, particularly as anyone who goes to "An Evening With Karl Robinson" is likely to be pro rather than anti-Robinson.

As for fickleness, never liked him from day one, not the only one either.

Flagged for previous post on this thread. @SoundAsa£ - don't care personally, but the flag thing is for posts that are offensive, not posts that you disagree with. If you think my post's offensive then presumably you've also flagged virtually every post on the Meire thread.
    I gave you a flag for your comments about Chris Powell not KR.
    I read it that you were having an undeserved pop at him which I thought were very uncalled for.....having read your post again, I’m now not sure if you were dissing him or not.......maybe I got it wrong?
    If I am mistaken, I’ll gladly remove it, along with an apology.
  • RedChaser said:

MrLargo said:

I might start listening to his press conferences again, just so that I can take additional pleasure from not having to listen to them anymore when he f#*ks off in a couple of weeks and His Royal Highness Lord Christopher of Powell strolls back in, adorned in standard flat cap and sharp suit, and starts charming us all with his intelligence, integrity and comprehensive understanding of what it means to be a part of our magnificent football club.

how is that worth a flag from someone? For what it’s worth I agree with Mr Largo.
    Gotta say @SoundAsa£ I couldn't see how that warranted a flag mate.
    See my reply to MrLargo above.
  • MrLargo said:

See my reply to MrLargo above.
  • If the fear of new owners bringing in someone new are not enough to get KR doing a better job, than nothing will.
  • JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

The hols are great mate.

Block F Row K
    can sit in the same row as Golfie, Golfie Jnr and me then
  • cabbles said:

A serious question.

If you are the new owner of Charlton and have just spent x amount of millions buying the club.
    Would you.

A. Trust Robinson with a transfer budget to get us promotion.
    Or

B.bring in your own man to do the job.
    Whatever the answer is I hope they make the right decision and we should all get behind them whatever they decide

I know KR has taken a bit of flack recently and to be fair I haven’t been impressed with his steadfast commitment to 4-2-3-1, but I would like to see what he can do working for a competent owner. He’s earned that right imo
    I agree with this. In the short term, he knows where the team is lacking and he knows the division. It would seem logical to give him a chance to prove himself with some backing.
  • cabbles said:

A serious question.

If you are the new owner of Charlton and have just spent x amount of millions buying the club.
    Would you.

A. Trust Robinson with a transfer budget to get us promotion.
    Or

B.bring in your own man to do the job.
    Whatever the answer is I hope they make the right decision and we should all get behind them whatever they decide

I know KR has taken a bit of flack recently and to be fair I haven’t been impressed with his steadfast commitment to 4-2-3-1, but I would like to see what he can do working for a competent owner. He’s earned that right imo
    I agree with this. In the short term, he knows where the team is lacking and he knows the division. It would seem logical to give him a chance to prove himself with some backing.
    And I've no doubt he will say Meires departure and the sale of the club are all down to him.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

Not long ago many on here attended Bromley/City Addicks and had nothing but praise for him.
    Probably had one of the worst injury crisis in living memory and then all of a sudden we are back to the usual name calling of him.
    This message board has several thousand members. Don't think the views of a couple of hundred people at Bromley Addicks is relevant statistically, particularly as anyone who goes to "An Evening With Karl Robinson" is likely to be pro rather than anti-Robinson.

Flagged for previous post on this thread. @SoundAsa£ - don't care personally, but the flag thing is for posts that are offensive, not posts that you disagree with. If you think my post's offensive then presumably you've also flagged virtually every post on the Meire thread.
    I read it that you were having an undeserved pop at him which I thought were very uncalled for.....having read your post again, I’m now not sure if you were dissing him or not.......maybe I got it wrong?
    So confused. I don't see how you could possibly interpret my comments as "dissing" Chris Powell, when they're quite the opposite of that.

However, whilst I'm quite hurt at being accused of slagging off one of my favourite Charlton personalities of all time, I quite like the fact that you dish out flags to anyone who you mildly suspect of disliking him, and may adopta similar policy myself in future.
    Well, I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick.....please accept my apologies and I will remove the flag forthwith.
  • MrLargo said:

MrLargo said:

So confused. I don't see how you could possibly interpret my comments as "dissing" Chris Powell, when they're quite the opposite of that.

However, whilst I'm quite hurt at being accused of slagging off one of my favourite Charlton personalities of all time, I quite like the fact that you dish out flags to anyone who you mildly suspect of disliking him, and may adopta similar policy myself in future.
    Well, I obviously got hold of the wrong end of the stick.....please accept my apologies and I will remove the flag forthwith.
    You've definitely mellowed with age mate :wink:
  • I disagreed with Parky's sacking.
    I disagreed with Powell's sacking.
    I'd disagree with Robinson's sacking too at this point.
  • edited December 2017

JamesSeed said:

RedChaser said:

The hols are great mate.

Block F Row K
    can sit in the same row as Golfie, Golfie Jnr and me then
    If the devil could cast his net there he'd have a bumper haul, Golfie Junior excluded :wink:
  • Dazzler21 said:

I disagreed with Parky's sacking.

I agreed with Parky's sacking.
    I'd agree with Robinson's sacking too at this point

You agreed with sacking a manager who had a club in the playoff positions for one that finished in our lowest ever league position?

Sure I may have changed my opinion on Parkinson's sacking the following season, but at the time of the sacking I disagreed with it.

Glad we agree on Powell, though he had us at the bottom of the table in March and our survival only delayed the inevitable under these loons.

You'd once again sack a manager in not the worst position possible, for an unknown quality as a replacement.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

You agreed with sacking a manager who had a club in the playoff positions for one that finished in our lowest ever league position?

Sure I may have changed my opinion on Parkinson's sacking the following season, but at the time of the sacking I disagreed with it.

Glad we agree on Powell, though he had us at the bottom of the table in March and our survival only delayed the inevitable under these loons.

You'd once again sack a manager in not the worst position possible, for an unknown quality as a replacement.
    Maybe not yet, but give it time. 2 months ago we were sitting pretty in the top 3 with our game in hand against the team just above us. We are now ninth & by mid January will be around 12th.

I'm happy to keep chanting his name if you're happy with starting next season still in this poxy league.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Maybe not yet, but give it time. 2 months ago we were sitting pretty in the top 3 with our game in hand against the team just above us. We are now ninth & by mid January will be around 12th.

I'm happy to keep chanting his name if you're happy with starting next season still in this poxy league.
    All depends on what money we get imo. I admit we're not looking even slightly good at the moment. But we're not looking done yet.
  • Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

All depends on what money we get imo. I admit we're not looking even slightly good at the moment. But we're not looking done yet.
    We will be by the end of January & then any new manager wont be able to bring in the players he wants & will be stuffed - left with 8 midfielders & 2 strikers.

I know what I'd prefer.
  • Lets wait and see what happens he's got at least 2 weeks for me (Wigan, Gills, Oxford, Oldham and Bury) If we still look like we're not an improved side... I'd give him the boot.