Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2017
    SE7toSG3 said:

But he was reassured the club was not for sale, surely they were not lying to him?

As a few will not doubt claim, it wasn't for sale but the whole approach, due diligence and purchase all happened in a week.
  • Options
    well its the unwritten golden rule in football. New Owners = New Manager does not always work out just look at..... us but hey it sometimes if the right man is employed it does work out just look at......... us.
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited December 2017
    If there was no change of ownership, then it didn’t make any sense to change manager. Duchatelet undermines any manager he has with his approach. I understand why some would think that he should be given a chance.

Knowing the situation, the quality of manager willing to work under Duchatelet is questionable. If Robinson is given backing would he succeed ? It is a bit of a chicken & egg situation. Robinson has shown tactical inflexibility, & it is difficult to accept that he knew nothing of the situation he would manage in at Charlton. He blames players, refs & usually anyone but himself or Duchatelet for poor performances.

IMO, with change of ownership & possible decent funds to spend, I think that Charlton could do a lot better. There’s a bit too much water under the bridge. I think Charlton could get a really decent manager in for a new start on & off the pitch.
  • Options
    Imo I'd stick with him, he does have a lot of players out, his had his hands tied signings wise with regards to funds. Pre December some of the better football I have seen from a charlton side since scp charlton side. However only Jacko and solls remain of those. I don't think his a bad manager and I don't think his long term but I do think his the man to get us out league and and consolidate us in the championship. He think he does need an experienced coach however. Getting someone experienced to lean on aside from bowyer and Jacko who are basically still carving their coaching teeth could be his masterstroke.

If the new owners give him 2m to spend he can alreast get a goalscorer
  • Options

Depends on the new owners. If they have the money to give Robinson the players he needs to fit his system then I'd keep him, as he knows how to play up to the fans when things are going well. We all enjoy a victory that little bit more when the manager knows how to talk it up afterwards. If the new owners can't do that then we need someone more tactically flexible

I think too much importance is made of his system. A good proffessional should be able to adapt to any system/formation.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

SE7toSG3 said:

But he was reassured the club was not for sale, surely they were not lying to him?

As a few will not doubt claim, it wasn't for sale but the whole approach, due diligence and purchase all happened in a week.
    And why not, that's what Two Shats did isn't it? :wink:
  • Options

Depends on the new owners. If they have the money to give Robinson the players he needs to fit his system then I'd keep him, as he knows how to play up to the fans when things are going well. We all enjoy a victory that little bit more when the manager knows how to talk it up afterwards. If the new owners can't do that then we need someone more tactically flexible

I think too much importance is made of his system. A good proffessional should be able to adapt to any system/formation.
    And in reverse a good manager must be able to switch his team when required. That's my only negative. The last couple of weeks he could and should have gone 4-4-2 given the numbers we had and players available it even 5-3-2 but instead he sticks josh out wide and best alone up top. Let's be honest if we had an owner that cared would leon best have even been given a look in? Personally I doubt it. He doesn't exactly wow you with his goals per game ratio and I've seen nothing in the games his played that makes me think it's luck that has stopped him scoring more. His just not very good imo
  • Options
    Might have already been posted yet he's certainly playing a risky game if he names six subs again.

Its either
    - A message to Roland that he needs to spend in January
    - A message to the new owners that he'll need backing in January

If the latter they might just get rid as they'll think he cant work within his means when the going gets tough
  • Options

Powell back with a shed load of cash to spend to finish what he started would be my ideal scenario.

All day long.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Get rid of the useless scouse *ucker- he's not one of 'us' anyway.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    mogodon said:

Hard not to imagine that with a new owner the appeal of the club to potential managers suddenly increases

.......exponentially !

• Options
    If the new ownership can attract someone better then let's bring them in, if they can't then let's stick with KR.
  • Options
    MrLargo said:

I might start listening to his press conferences again, just so that I can take additional pleasure from not having to listen to them anymore when he f#*ks off in a couple of weeks and His Royal Highness Lord Christopher of Powell strolls back in, adorned in standard flat cap and sharp suit, and starts charming us all with his intelligence, integrity and comprehensive understanding of what it means to be a part of our magnificent football club.

Scouser - stop talking and start packing, your days are numbered.

how is that worth a flag from someone? For what it’s worth I agree with Mr Largo.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

MrLargo said:

I might start listening to his press conferences again, just so that I can take additional pleasure from not having to listen to them anymore when he f#*ks off in a couple of weeks and His Royal Highness Lord Christopher of Powell strolls back in, adorned in standard flat cap and sharp suit, and starts charming us all with his intelligence, integrity and comprehensive understanding of what it means to be a part of our magnificent football club.

Scouser - stop talking and start packing, your days are numbered.

how is that worth a flag from someone? For what it’s worth I agree with Mr Largo.
    Gotta say @SoundAsa£ I couldn't see how that warranted a flag mate.
  • Options

A serious question.

If you are the new owner of Charlton and have just spent x amount of millions buying the club.
    Would you.

A. Trust Robinson with a transfer budget to get us promotion.
    Or

B.bring in your own man to do the job.
    Whatever the answer is I hope they make the right decision and we should all get behind them whatever they decide

I know KR has taken a bit of flack recently and to be fair I haven’t been impressed with his steadfast commitment to 4-2-3-1, but I would like to see what he can do working for a competent owner. He’s earned that right imo