Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

1181920212224»

Comments

• Options
    Phil said:

Our losing streak started well before injuries kicked in. Yesterday’s win was, I believe, our first one away in the league since October. Even with injuries we have players and a squad that most League 1 managers would love. That average and poor teams have taken points off us speaks volumes about the manager. The performances have at the same time been truly awful. Some people remark upon Robinson’s alledged passion, maybe he has it, maybe not. However, we don’t need him to tell us ad infinitum (this great club, passion, desire, the shirt on the floor, etc.etc.) he’s trying too hard to the point that it’s tiresome and you doubt it. Someone said he can’t win - well, yes he can simply with less chat and not losing points due to basic tactical and managerial ignorance. We could also dispense with the over the top celebrations every time we win and the associated group huddle - didn’t do Gerrard and Liverpool much good did it? Save that for when we achieve something. All of the above is there for all to see.

It's a results industry isn't it.

Robinson In thread time?

Until a losing streak of course.
  • Options
    Two 1-0 wins against poor teams and Saturday’s better performance and win in no way invalidates my comments. Yes it is largely about results but I’d like to be entertained and I’ve seen some dross from us this season. We still have a pretty good squad and ought to have done better. The late arrival of Aribo into the team and the ongoing presence of Magennis are merely two examples of Robinson’s weakness. One could add the switching of Reeves to our wide as another. Defensively we still look poor and always vulnerable at set pieces so I’d say he’s doing ok but no more than that.
  • Options
    Phil said:

Two 1-0 wins against poor teams and Saturday’s better performance and win in no way invalidates my comments. Yes it is largely about results but I’d like to be entertained and I’ve seen some dross from us this season. We still have a pretty good squad and ought to have done better. The late arrival of Aribo into the team and the ongoing presence of Magennis are merely two examples of Robinson’s weakness. One could add the switching of Reeves to our wide as another. Defensively we still look poor and always vulnerable at set pieces so I’d say he’s doing ok but no more than that.

I’d say he’s been managed well, he’s came in and done very well, so the timing has been good imho.
  • Options
    Oz, he has done well and of course his positive impact could have happened many games earlier. Perhaps the team wouldn’t have dropped as many points - it certainly would have played better.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Phil said:

When you are on a poor run, you sometimes have to grind your way back to form. Walsall was a far from perfect performance, but it was a game we definitely deserved to win and that is a positive. We also have our defensive first teamers close to a return so the wind seems to be blowing in our and Robinson's direction. We have some winnable games coming up and these IMO will make or break the manager as well as our promotion push.
  • Options
    edited January 2018
    Some of the negativity here is brilliant, we seem to forget some of the ground out ugly football that has always been the Charlton way. There was only a few games under Powell that we looked cut throat and dead certs to win. He had a budget that allowed 18 new players in one window.

Robinson is excelling given the circumstances, even if you say he knew what he was getting into... It doesn't change that he's reasonably doing well with the tools he has.
  • Options
    Not a great fan of Robbo but given all the chaos going on I don't imagine it's been easy of late. If he were to get us promoted this season it would be a big achievement.