Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• sammy391 said:

se9addick said:

What I would say is that it is an impossible job at the moment and Robinson is not the problem. I don't think we should be laying into him but supporting him. If the new owner when we get one wants a new manager fine - but Robinson and the players need our support and the bloke is getting mine. Hearing that he slagged of Duchatelet today puts him firmly in our camp IMO.

I don't think Robinson is in our camp at all, he knew the score when he took Duchatelet's silver.

I would say that, at this point, Robinson is at least part of the problem.
    Agree , Robinson is in Camp Robinson ... the same camp he has been in since joining!

Ain’t that the same when you go into job. I know that my main objective when going to work is to look after my family when I earn money.
  • sammy391 said:

se9addick said:

What I would say is that it is an impossible job at the moment and Robinson is not the problem. I don't think we should be laying into him but supporting him. If the new owner when we get one wants a new manager fine - but Robinson and the players need our support and the bloke is getting mine. Hearing that he slagged of Duchatelet today puts him firmly in our camp IMO.

I don't think Robinson is in our camp at all, he knew the score when he took Duchatelet's silver.

Agree , Robinson is in Camp Robinson ... the same camp he has been in since joining!

Ain’t that the same when you go into job. I know that my main objective when going to work is to look after my family when I earn money.
    And that's fine, but you can't say that you were against your employer from the start once you've taken the job.
  • se9addick said:

sammy391 said:

se9addick said:

And that's fine, but you can't say that you were against your employer from the start once you've taken the job.
    Has he said that then? I am sure if he did then he would have the boot a long time ago
  • Looking forward to see what new names he comes out with this morning in the press conference that he wanted to sign.
  • Fumbluff said:

Reeves is just a bald Redfearn for me, promised so much and delivered doodoo (as opposed to dodoo)

I didn’t rate fat past it Neil Redfearn at all but the edge was taken off his performances with us cos Curbs had him playing a much more defensive role than NR had spent the whole rest of his career. Reeves is just lightweight and possessed of maybe a tenth of NR’s ability. KR banged on about players who want to play for Charlton then hung on for months til BR ran out of options signed him without a pre season and we’re now lumbered with deadweight. Emblematic of KR’s capacity for just one idea at a time just like his one formation for all games regardless of squad or opposition. Tuesday’s lineup v Oxford will be the one exception to prove the rule. We can only hope that what McGee saw Tuesday convinced him to stay at Barnet and decline a role at McCharlton. Another manager with smallwall history surely couldn’t be good for the life expectancy of many Addicks
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry, but this bloke is really getting on my tits with his new "stand up to Roland" approach.

We were the second worst run club in the country before you arrived (a "basket case" you might say), and we've been the second worst run club in the country since you arrived and throughout your entire tenure. It's not new information, and the only reason he's started speaking out now is to strengthen his image as a man "on the supporter's side", and to make sure that any potential future employers get the message he was working for bad owners and that's why he couldn't get one of the biggest clubs in League 1 anywhere near the promotion spots.

Yes, we've got injury problems, but Magennis hasn't been injured at all and our main problem is scoring goals (lowest scorers in the top 10). He probably just needs resting, but we can't do that because our gobby gaffer wasn't willing to be anything like as outspoken in the last transfer window, so we ended up with a bloke from Rangers who "will excite the fans", and then when Robbo realised he was too shit to get in the team, we went to our favourite shop, "Out of contract players that nobody else wants R'us".

We've ended up paying Best and Dodoo simultaneously for a couple of months - for their combined monthly weekly wage we probably could have got someone half decent back in August, when the non-stupid clubs do the bulk of their recruitment.
    THIS

• edited January 2018
    MrLargo said:

Scoham said:
    Sorry, but this bloke is really getting on my tits with his new "stand up to Roland" approach.

We were the second worst run club in the country before you arrived (a "basket case" you might say), and we've been the second worst run club in the country since you arrived and throughout your entire tenure. It's not new information, and the only reason he's started speaking out now is to strengthen his image as a man "on the supporter's side", and to make sure that any potential future employers get the message he was working for bad owners and that's why he couldn't get one of the biggest clubs in League 1 anywhere near the promotion spots.

Yes, we've got injury problems, but Magennis hasn't been injured at all and our main problem is scoring goals (lowest scorers in the top 10). He probably just needs resting, but we can't do that because our gobby gaffer wasn't willing to be anything like as outspoken in the last transfer window, so we ended up with a bloke from Rangers who "will excite the fans", and then when Robbo realised he was too shit to get in the team, we went to our favourite shop, "Out of contract players that nobody else wants R'us".

We've ended up paying Best and Dodoo simultaneously for a couple of months - for their combined monthly weekly wage we probably could have got someone half decent back in August, when the non-stupid clubs do the bulk of their recruitment.
    We're creating 20 chances a game and not scoring, arguably this says to me that the formation works but we don't have a finisher. I think we all agree we still need a finisher.

It's the CEO and the owner that finance purchases and loans, I think that KR has up til now had to blag on behalf of his boss. His boss is about to leave - potentially screwing him over.

I think Meire and RD knew they were under-funding us back in the last window... We probably ended up paying double each signing's requested salary with Meire negotiating.

It makes perfect sense to me that KR is now standing up to Roland. Up until recently he probably felt quite safe and would have been aware January was coming up so likely believed and was assured he could strengthen.

All of a sudden the CEO is leaving, he probably wasn't advised of this until the last minute as her employer was RD.
    On top of that RD and KM knew that DD would either be in place or coming up - Karl may have been aware of the risks, but at the end of December I would have to assume he had his assurances re-affirmed.

Then he's told we're in DD, no buying or selling unless the potential future owner says so...

He's probably bitten his tongue too many times and like us has surpassed his boiling point.
  • Although I’m narked by Robbo’s intransigence I think he deserves a chance to work under decent owners and
    Croydon said:

MrLargo said:

Scoham said:

THIS

NOT this.
  • thought most people thought the summer was a proper window all bar a decent striker.

I'd cut him more slack if he stopped talking all the time. Should refer takeover talk to RM or RD and not comment. Anyway he knew what he wad getting into, a 'basket case' as he said himself.
  • thought most people thought the summer was a proper window all bar a decent striker.

I'd cut him more slack if he stopped talking all the time. Should refer takeover talk to RM or RD and not comment. Anyway he knew what he wad getting into, a 'basket case' as he said himself.

Some of the best people I have ever worked with had verbal diarrhoea and would talk so much Dodoo but when push came to shove, delivered. If we don't make playoffs fine, he's failed. Sack him.

If we do and fail to get promoted, sacking would be unfair.

If we do and get promoted (i don't think this one will happen) then he gets another chance - a championship season, hopefully another owner, one willing to back his vision.
  • I quite like him but I'd have wanted him gone if we hadn't beaten Oldham. Draw at the very least at Bury. A win buys him another game he can screw up. Of course, RD is mad so who the fuck knows anyway
  • Dazzler21 said:

thought most people thought the summer was a proper window all bar a decent striker.

Some of the best people I have ever worked with had verbal diarrhoea and would talk so much Dodoo but when push came to shove, delivered. If we don't make playoffs fine, he's failed. Sack him.

If we do and fail to get promoted, sacking would be unfair.

If we do and get promoted (i don't think this one will happen) then he gets another chance - a championship season, hopefully another owner, one willing to back his vision.
    I personally don't think one window with virtually no funds makes for a proper window. Yes, if we don't reach the playoffs you can see that as a failure. But Roland hardly helped matters did he. I'd say it was more Roland's failure than Karl's.
  • Sponsored links:

• after my post above I read in the Standard that Robinson is urging someone from the Club to give the fans an update regarding the takeover. Quite right. So when asked after Bury politely refer the press to the Club and refuse to comment on them.
  • edited January 2018
    I like the bloke a lot. Sure he talks too much but he is a scouser so what do you expect?. His honesty is refreshing and he doesn't deserve the pathetic childish name calling from the same old people on here.

Now, having said all that I think tactically he's too stuck in his ways and the formation he plays doesn't suit the players at all . If and when we get new owners I wouldn't be too disappointed to get in someone new ( with a little more experience) and I will wish him all the best in the future if that happens.
  • Leuth said:

I quite like him but I'd have wanted him gone if we hadn't beaten Oldham. Draw at the very least at Bury. A win buys him another game he can screw up. Of course, RD is mad so who the fuck knows anyway

Win at the very last.
    If we can't beat Bury he can fuck off
  • JamesSeed said:

MrLargo said:

Scoham said:

This with bells on.

I tolerated Robinson until the Vets game where he pranced about and joined in like he'd been there since the club was formed. If in the unlikely event that he remains as manager if a takeover happens he will be insufferable. FFS wind your neck in and get on with managing Karl.
    This thread is all a bit sad. There are far worse things going on a The Valley right now than what Karl may or may not be saying.

What an effing mess we were in when he joined. We've all forgotten that rather quickly haven't we?

Until the recent spate (big spate) of injuries we were doing more than ok. He inherited a weak squad, and is still left with a few under achieving legacy players but, while admitting he's a long way short of perfect, he managed to improve things pretty quickly on an absolutely meagre budget.

The argument that he 'knew what he was getting into' is meaningless now. It doesn't matter. Yes I'm sure he was over optimistic, but right now he's seen for himself the Roland catastrophe close up, and at least he's not sitting on his hands. Nit picking about Dodoo and Best being paid for a few weeks simultaneously seems a bit desperate.

Sorry if you don't agree, but right now I'd rather give him a bit of moral support. Roland is responsible for the mess we're in, not Robinson imho so lets not take our eye off the ball.

Personally I'd like to see him have a proper window with some funds to buy players, and if that doesn't work out, then happy to reassess.
    Quote of the week James - Just wish we can all come together again but your words are are words of wisdom.COYR
  • I like the bloke a lot. Sure he talks too much but he is a scouser so what do you expect?. His honesty is refreshing and he doesn't deserve the pathetic childish name calling from the same old people on here.

Now, having said all that I think tactically he's too stuck in his ways and the formation he plays doesn't suit the players at all . If and when we get new owners I wouldn't be too disappointed to get in someone new ( with a little more experience) and I will wish him all the best in the future if that happens.

Pretty much my thoughts on Robinson too.
  • If there really is a fire sale and no change of ownership, the honourable thing to do would probably be to stick around until the summer and make sure we stay up
  • With the Holmes sale now looking assured, could Robinson walk and claim constructive dismissal ?
  • se9addick said:

With the Holmes sale now looking assured, could Robinson walk and claim constructive dismissal ?

No way and I can't believe that he would walk out on a job paying a six figure salary when he surely has a mortgage to pay.
  • se9addick said:

With the Holmes sale now looking assured, could Robinson walk and claim constructive dismissal ?

No way and I can't believe that he would walk out on a job paying a six figure salary when he surely has a mortgage to pay.
    That's why I asked if he could claim constructive dismissal...

Wasn't the situation where Curbs claimed constructive dismissal at West Ham similar ?