Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Robinson out?

Comments

• Pulls? Oh, leave it out!

The bloke has one MO and it is fucking diabolical to watch - no thanks.

Not to mention that Pulis is on the way down as a manager and wouldn’t come here anyway.
  • I think Pullis had a lower win% at WBA than Karl does here.
  • Sadly, Robinson's win percentage is reducing game by game.
  • Pulis with a squad built to pass out from the back in a 4-2-3-1? Most of the squad would fail his height test, which must start at about 6 ft 3.

If KR goes it I'd like to see Nathan Jones replace him.
  • Actually Pullis would be a great shout, but I doubt we could attract him.

Don't be so hard on yourself.

You never know.

After all, with new frock and hairdo, and a bit of gloss lippy, you might surprise yourself (to say nothing of scaring the living daylights out of the rest of us). ;-)
  • Great!!... Nathan Jones has just signed a new four year deal @ Luton

Means they'll want more compensation when we come calling

There would have been him as well. I don't like to talk about managers when our one hasn't been pushed but I wouldn't mind Gareth Ainsworth.
  • People are blaming our injury crisis for recent poor form but not many of our selected XI wouldn't walk into most sides outside the top six.
  • Sponsored links:

• We must keep Robinson. He is the first manager for a long time who has said he changed a player (Reeves) at half time because he was poor. So many managers before him have not had the guts to do this and give him credit for changing personnel when required and not too late (like Powell). I like him and want him to stay but he has to start those players in good form and that may include Jackson. Players playing well can be more important than tactics and having 11 players playing well is not what we had last Saturday.
  • Once or maybe twice I have seen suggestions Jacko as gaffer with Curbs as sporting director.
  • edited January 2018

We must keep Robinson. He is the first manager for a long time who has said he changed a player (Reeves) at half time because he was poor. So many managers before him have not had the guts to do this and give him credit for changing personnel when required and not too late (like Powell). I like him and want him to stay but he has to start those players in good form and that may include Jackson. Players playing well can be more important than tactics and having 11 players playing well is not what we had last Saturday.

He should not have bought Reeves in the first place.

Another atrocious signing to the lengthy list.
  • Once or maybe twice I have seen suggestions Jacko as gaffer with Curbs as sporting director.

What qualifies Jackson to be our manager ?
  • se9addick said:

Once or maybe twice I have seen suggestions Jacko as gaffer with Curbs as sporting director.

What qualifies Jackson to be our manager ?
    Wasn't my suggestion but suggestions I have seen somewhere else in the past. Can't remember where though.
  • We must keep Robinson. He is the first manager for a long time who has said he changed a player (Reeves) at half time because he was poor. So many managers before him have not had the guts to do this and give him credit for changing personnel when required and not too late (like Powell). I like him and want him to stay but he has to start those players in good form and that may include Jackson. Players playing well can be more important than tactics and having 11 players playing well is not what we had last Saturday.

See this is where it clearly gets silly.

Robinson clearly didn't have too much to work with in the summer. He managed to get a free signing that had other options in play to sign, and who was clearly recognised as an impressive L1 signing based on his performance in L1 last season

Reeves had been a massive disappointment so far. But the vast majority of fans last summer so this as being a good signing.
    but the whole point is that Reeves wasn't needed - another striker was. We already had Holmes, Clarke, Fosu, Aribo & Marshall as attacking midfielders - whereas we had let Ajose, Vetokele & Watt leave, leaving us with just Magennis & Novak as our main strikers..........then he let Novak go.

Reeves could be the best player in the league but that doesn't mean you have to sign him at the detriment of other, more important positions. Its not as if we had a great strike force last season either.

And this is not in hindsight as I posted just this comment on the day he signed.

There would have been him as well. I don't like to talk about managers when our one hasn't been pushed but I wouldn't mind Gareth Ainsworth.
    Why? As soon as he loses one game, he'll get a load of cliches thrown at him and have people calling for the sack.

Robinson clearly didn't have too much to work with in the summer. He managed to get a free signing that had other options in play to sign, and who was clearly recognised as an impressive L1 signing based on his performance in L1 last season

Reeves had been a massive disappointment so far. But the vast majority of fans last summer so this as being a good signing.
    Was Reeves not dragging his heels till the very last minute waiting on a move abroad?

Could we not have signed somebody else?

but the whole point is that Reeves wasn't needed - another striker was. We already had Holmes, Clarke, Fosu, Aribo & Marshall as attacking midfielders - whereas we had let Ajose, Vetokele & Watt leave, leaving us with just Magennis & Novak as our main strikers..........then he let Novak go.

Reeves could be the best player in the league but that doesn't mean you have to sign him at the detriment of other, more important positions. Its not as if we had a great strike force last season either.

And this is not in hindsight as I posted just this comment on the day he signed.
    But we don't know signing Reeves stopped us signing a striker. More of the budget was potentially freed up for a strikeror two once Watt, Novak and Crofts left.

KR wanted 2 players per position, Aribo was cover for JFC and Kashi.

Playing 3 of Holmes, Clarke, Fosu and Marshall would have meant we had one player covering them if others such as Aribo were required elsewhere.

For me both signings were needed. Reeves didn't help himself by taking so long to make a decision and like Marshall, Magennis and others needs to improve. We should have also signed someone better than Dodoo to give KR the 3 strikers he talked about early on in the summer.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2018

We must keep Robinson. He is the first manager for a long time who has said he changed a player (Reeves) at half time because he was poor. So many managers before him have not had the guts to do this and give him credit for changing personnel when required and not too late (like Powell). I like him and want him to stay but he has to start those players in good form and that may include Jackson. Players playing well can be more important than tactics and having 11 players playing well is not what we had last Saturday.

Was Reeves not dragging his heels till the very last minute waiting on a move abroad?

Could we not have signed somebody else?

I'm not so sure there were many players fighting for the chance to play for us at that time. So probably not.

Will a new owners bring in their own manager? Possibly, even probably. If they do lets hope it works out for us.

If it happens, give the new bloke a chance ffs - with KR the sniping from some started way too early.
  • We almost got Godden in the summer window but that deal hit a snag last knockings IIRC
  • edited January 2018

RedChaser said:

We almost got Godden in the summer window but that deal hit a snag last knockings IIRC

maybe something to do with Stevange knowing that we've just let our striker leave & were desperate to sign someone, so they upped their price.

Most sensible clubs bring in a player first before letting someone leave.
    Most sensible clubs don't have a Daisy as their CEO doing the negotiating under orders from a megalomaniac owner, no offence londonowl :wink:
  • RedChaser said:

We almost got Godden in the summer window but that deal hit a snag last knockings IIRC

maybe something to do with Stevange knowing that we've just let our striker leave & were desperate to sign someone, so they upped their price.

Most sensible clubs bring in a player first before letting someone leave.
    Not to mention knowing we had the richest owner in our history and had sold Lookman for a big fee in January.
  • I don't think Robinson is necessarily the problem, its old Uncle Roly and his bizzare behaviour. Given the right support I think Robinson could take us up.....then it might be time to change or get in a good assistant that knows how to switch from Karls preferred formation.
  • After Watching his full press day on valley pass, I think he believes he is toast as & when the sale goes through.
    Logic would dictate that as he will not know who the new owners are/will be, then how could he know that, but his whole body language screamed pissed off, frustrated and inevitability.

For the record, I think he should stay, unless a new mega rich owner persuades Eddie Howe to jump ship :-)
  • edited January 2018
    I don't think Robinson is the problem - if he was better backed we would be higher up the league, but there has to be a question mark as to whether he is the solution. If I was buying the club, I would give him a chance, but you can understand why that may not be the case in the same way Powell was effectively toast as soon as Duchatelet bought the club. OK, being a Charlton legend helped him hang on for a bit, but it was never going to be long! Robinson doesn't have the currency of legendary status!
  • He's got time to run on his contract so I don't think he will walk. If it was me I'd wait for the pay off unless of course i had another job to walk straight into :open_mouth: