Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options
    Macronate said:

So Meire leaves and all hell breaks loose with the manager and a player of our once great football club offering out a supporter at half time with the fight due to take place after the full time whistle, for obvious reasons.

1. Who melted from the "offer out"?
    2. Will the fight still go ahead?
    3. Where will the fight take place?
    4. Will Eddie Hearn be promoting?
    5. Are odds yet available at the bookies?
    6. Will Robbo play 2 up front against Oldham?

Everyone knows the answer to number three surely?
  • Options
    Yes we should not get rid of KR yet,
    He needs to show us and himself how good he really is?.

let's see what the next 6 games bring?

If we are still losing I am certain the new owner will if we have one will Sack him then.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Football fans make me laugh. They give some verbal to Robinson after a bad defeat and then moan that he responded. I’m sure Karl at that moment was equally stressed by the result as anyone. If he had turned his back he would be condemned for not giving a toss. I’m glad he responded in the way he did. It shows he does give a toss.

There’s a difference between giving back a bit of verbal and offering fans out in the car park.

He’s a manager of a professional football team ffs.
    Well we don’t know about that do we.

He’s a manager of a professional football team.

I don't know about that either.

Personally I don't get this support for morons hurling abuse at our manager. If someone called you a cunt to your face at work, you'd be able to have them punished. If you saw them again in the street you might finish it. KR was just speeding up that process.

It's a bit of caveman like behaviour in response to moronic and caveman like behaviour.

Plenty on here try to offer one another out for a fight (or did so in the past) so to get offended when they get offered out should surprise me but as KR gestured:
    I couldn't care less about anyone being upset or offended, and Steve doesn't need support or anything like that - that's not the point - I just don't want Charlton to have a manager who responds in that manner. It's classless. And makes me wonder if he has the temperament for this.
    Maybe you’re right that it’s classless but not very much more classless than the people who see fit to abuse someone and then get shocked that it gets a response.

• Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Football fans make me laugh. They give some verbal to Robinson after a bad defeat and then moan that he responded. I’m sure Karl at that moment was equally stressed by the result as anyone. If he had turned his back he would be condemned for not giving a toss. I’m glad he responded in the way he did. It shows he does give a toss.

There’s a difference between giving back a bit of verbal and offering fans out in the car park.

Personally I don't get this support for morons hurling abuse at our manager. If someone called you a cunt to your face at work, you'd be able to have them punished. If you saw them again in the street you might finish it. KR was just speeding up that process.

It's a bit of caveman like behaviour in response to moronic and caveman like behaviour.

Plenty on here try to offer one another out for a fight (or did so in the past) so to get offended when they get offered out should surprise me but as KR gestured:
    I couldn't care less about anyone being upset or offended, and Steve doesn't need support or anything like that - that's not the point - I just don't want Charlton to have a manager who responds in that manner. It's classless. And makes me wonder if he has the temperament for this.
    How would Brian Clough or Alec Ferguson have reacted?
    From what I remember pretty much the same and would almost certainly have challenged the fella in some way or another.
  • Options
    1968CAFC said:

Yes we should not get rid of KR yet,
    He needs to show us and himself how good he really is?.

let's see what the next 6 games bring?

If we are still losing I am certain the new owner will if we have one will Sack him then that we'll be relegated.

Fixed that for you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Certainly wears his heart on his sleeve and in this case shows his Liverpudlian side.

I've been critical lately, the first 20 at Southend was one of the worst I've ever seen but I'm not one for a knee jerk at a critical time of the season with the injury list he has (which may be his own fault)

We need a break, a sneaky 1-0 on Saturday will do, we need key players back - Solly, Bauer, Fosu. We need key players fit - Magennis, Holmes, Marshall, JFC, Kashi, and we need fresh legs in the middle and up top.

This side were never top 2 material but I still think we could nick 5th or 6th with a bit of luck on the injury front and fresh blood so that he can change tactics and formation from time to time. I would definitely start JJ and KAG on Saturday as we need the leadership and pace.

If Roland sacks him now I think that might be my lot.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

JiMMy 85 said:

I've quite liked the guy. He's passionate, seems to care, has a game plan that he really wants to stick to and I respect that (to a degree).

But having seen three games in the last month, each of the first half performances were abysmal and the second halves vastly improved. I think it's because we are going behind, so when the opponents sit deep we get the ball and attack. Otherwise, we can't seem to defend when teams come at us, and our counter attacking is non-existent. The attacking midfield has been pathetic, and big Josh is useless. Is that all his fault? Probably. But I can handle him until the new owners come in (and restore SCP to his rightful position).

What I can't handle is him offering fans out after the game (and his players doing the same off the back of it), no matter how abusive they get. That's pathetic, lower-league scummy behaviour and I am not remotely interested in supporting that, and won't be sorry to see him go as a result.

What ???

Not read anything on this
    I was down the front of F block talking to my photographer mate after the game. As the team and Robinson left the pitch, I figured, I'll shake my head at him a bit. That's how bad the first half performance was.

Some guy nearby decided to be a bit more vocal, and clambered into the front row and let rip. It was pretty standard stuff. "That was fucking shit, fuck off you useless c***" and so on. Robinson initially did the "talky talky" gesture, while sarcastically nodding, but as he got to the tunnel, it switched to a gesture that I construed as "outside the ground". He was then followed by Kashi, who did the same gesture, which again looked a lot like "You're all talk, see you outside the ground you mouthy talker."

I said to my friend, "did he seriously just offer this guy out?" and my friend and his colleague concurred, although they found it hilarious.

I happened to be outside the players exit a bit later, waiting for my friend to pack up, but the guy shouting wasn't there so I can only assume he didn't take Robinson or Kashi up on their offers.
    I saw him waiting in the Makro car park.
  • Options

Can it be Mexican style with masks and tight lycra?
    Robbo will look a treat.

• Options
    No you did not! Makro was shut and the car park locked. I had to find somewhere else to park.
  • Options

No you did not! Makro was shut and the car park locked. I had to find somewhere else to park.

I first noticed him when I saw him scrambling over the fence. He looked like he was waiting for a punch up rather than parking his car.
  • Options

Certainly wears his heart on his sleeve and in this case shows his Liverpudlian side.

I've been critical lately, the first 20 at Southend was one of the worst I've ever seen but I'm not one for a knee jerk at a critical time of the season with the injury list he has (which may be his own fault)

We need a break, a sneaky 1-0 on Saturday will do, we need key players back - Solly, Bauer, Fosu. We need key players fit - Magennis, Holmes, Marshall, JFC, Kashi, and we need fresh legs in the middle and up top.

This side were never top 2 material but I still think we could nick 5th or 6th with a bit of luck on the injury front and fresh blood so that he can change tactics and formation from time to time. I would definitely start JJ and KAG on Saturday as we need the leadership and pace.

Have you taken a look at the table recently ?? We are 11 points off 5th. To put that into context, we are 10 points off relegation.

Give Robinson until the end of the month & I'm sure 6th will be out of reach & we'll be looking at 20th being a good place to end the season.
  • Options

Have you taken a look at the table recently ?? We are 11 points off 5th. To put that into context, we are 10 points off relegation.

Give Robinson until the end of the month & I'm sure 6th will be out of reach & we'll be looking at 20th being a good place to end the season.
    And who will do a better job????
  • Options

JiMMy 85 said:

Dazzler21 said:

Maybe you’re right that it’s classless but not very much more classless than the people who see fit to abuse someone and then get shocked that it gets a response.

Its not a great way for the manager to react but then we have so many classless fans these days that even with a new owner I am not sure following Charlton is somewhere I want to spend my money and spare time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Can we drop the 'injuries' excuse - we've been crap with or without the injured players. We're the second worst team in L1 based on recent form and need someone who can address this.
  • Options

Can we drop the 'injuries' excuse - we've been crap with or without the injured players. We're the second worst team in L1 based on recent form and need someone who can address this.

We were comfortably in the playoffs with a game in hand before the injuries... then we started to falter with the following "poor" league results:

Scunthorpe L 0-2
    Peterborough D 2-2
    Portsmouth L 0-1
    Blackburn L 0-2
    Blackpool D 1-1
    Southend L 1-3
    Wigan D 0-0
    Gillingham L 1-2

Even I agree that's not pretty.

5 goals in 8 games won't get us promoted, for sure.
  • Options
    Johnson and @wss all over again nothing to see here
  • Options
    We need a striker . Magennis' lack of offering anything useful is a prime reason why we are struggling . As much as I don't rate Sarr, the booing of him was misplaced yesterday- JM does nothing
  • Options
    Now Rolands looking to sell Robbo is staying and will only go when the new owner comes in.
  • Options
    _nam11 said:

Who would you want to come in and replace Robbo then?

Are we just going to keep sacking managers after a year or so, and keep doing it, until a season like CP happens?

Yes I’m fuming we’ve let the season slip away. Injuries have been our down fall. Yes KR had all summer to build a squad, but you can never envisage for things to be as bad as they have been.

Early season, we were playing beautiful football. A sign of what players we had and what coaches we had. As soon as s***t hits the fan, people want out. Each to their own.

Take the rough with the smooth...

As soon as we are bought by a new owner he goes. Unless he decides to walk, then he is comfortable as can be, even though the season is slipping away from us again. One tactic Karl.