Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Robinson out?

Comments

• Options

I’m posting on the assumption that a takeover is a way away still too. As I said I don’t think he should go yet but I think Parkinson was sacked for similar.

Bare in mind this assumption is seemingly off the table now, depending on how long it takes for a takeover to be done he could be gone either way depending on whatever the new owners plan is.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

I disagreed with Parky's sacking.
    I disagreed with Powell's sacking.
    I'd disagree with Robinson's sacking too at this point.

I agreed with Parky's sacking.
    I'd agree with Robinson's sacking too at this point

You agreed with sacking a manager who had a club in the playoff positions for one that finished in our lowest ever league position?

Sure I may have changed my opinion on Parkinson's sacking the following season, but at the time of the sacking I disagreed with it.

Glad we agree on Powell, though he had us at the bottom of the table in March and our survival only delayed the inevitable under these loons.

You'd once again sack a manager in not the worst position possible, for an unknown quality as a replacement.
    At the end of the season when Parky helped get us relegated, coach then manager, at Bromley Addicks Richard Murray told us Parky was being sacked. I take that date as his sacking. Was i lied to?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

You agreed with sacking a manager who had a club in the playoff positions for one that finished in our lowest ever league position?

Sure I may have changed my opinion on Parkinson's sacking the following season, but at the time of the sacking I disagreed with it.

Glad we agree on Powell, though he had us at the bottom of the table in March and our survival only delayed the inevitable under these loons.

You'd once again sack a manager in not the worst position possible, for an unknown quality as a replacement.
    At the end of the season when Parky helped get us relegated, coach then manager, at Bromley Addicks Richard Murray told us Parky was being sacked. I take that date as his sacking. Was i lied to?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Dazzler21 said:

Dazzler21 said:

it would appear so, as... well... in case you've forgotten he continued to be in a job for quite a bit longer than the relegation season.
  • Options
    Parky didnt deserve to keep his job. Took us down with a whimper. Useless knobhead.
  • Options
    I won't go back over old ground on this.

I will say he's done alright since though, hasn't he unlike Powell who I love as a bloke, but really was a 'useless knobhead' in his first half a season as Charlton Manager too.

Powell did very well when his promotion charge was fully funded. I think Powell is your ideal man if you have a budget.

We don't we instead need a manager that will scoop us up, the crumbled mess we are and transform the players beliefs to push on for success.

But we aren't getting that guy under Roland.
  • Options
    I wont forgive Parky for the way he took us down. With a whimper, without a fight and only looking out for himself. A few draws looked better than a few more defeats on his CV. Probably would have gone down anyway but in the space of a week I, and others, schlepped to Swansea then Reading where we drew both games but they were there for the taking if he had shown a bit of ambition. It may not have made a difference but who knows? Will never forgive him. Useless knobhead.
  • Options
    We've got no say in who the club may be sold to, and no idea what the new owners may or may not do once they take over.

Yes - Robinson is limited, but until the bigger picture is sorted and we know a bit more about the future of the club I'd keep him for now.
  • Options

We've got no say in who the club may be sold to, and no idea what the new owners may or may not do once they take over.

Yes - Robinson is limited, but until the bigger picture is sorted and we know a bit more about the future of the club I'd keep him for now.

well, think he's safe for this evening
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Scoham said:

shine166 said:

Sack

Bring in new

Dont back with funds

Repeat

6 years in a some fans still dont get it ??

6 years?
    How ever long it is.... same point applies, just wasnt wasting time googling how long roland has been here when it makes fuck all difference to the point im making
    googling?

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Joyes has gone too the post match interview with Robinson could be interesting. @LouisMend
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

If Joyes has gone too the post match interview with Robinson could be interesting. @LouisMend

In fairness I think KM leaving makes it fairly interesting on its own!
  • Options
    @LouisMend could you ask KR if there's any truth in the rumours that the young lady in the ticket office is negotiating with incoming players contracts. Based on the theory she's the only one still there, with people skills. ;)
  • Options
    LouisMend said:

Valley11 said:

In fairness I think KM leaving makes it fairly interesting on its own!
    @LouisMend of course. But if Joyes has gone too then it suggests more’s afoot than just a CEO jumping ship and some vague notion of a takeover.
  • Options
    I was hoping @LouisMend was gonna probe KR about empty seats on the bench (again) tonight but the closer we get to KO the more I won't be surprised if he's interviewing a bloody empty seat later as well...
  • Options
    I see Robinson has gone on record to say that he wants to bring in two new centre forwards in January.

In the summer every supporter on Charlton Life knew that we needed forwards, yet Robinson decided he was only going to recruit midfield players.

For this mistake alone, the bloke deserves to be sacked.
    This idiot couldn’t manage a Kebab van, let alone a football club. I hope the first thing that a new owner does is show Robinson the door.
    With this clown in charge we will never get promotion.
  • Options
    after Wigan, a run of winnable games if we can get one or two back.
  • Options

I see Robinson has gone on record to say that he wants to bring in two new centre forwards in January.

In the summer every supporter on Charlton Life knew that we needed forwards, yet Robinson decided he was only going to recruit midfield players.

For this mistake alone, the bloke deserves to be sacked.
    This idiot couldn’t manage a Kebab van, let alone a football club. I hope the first thing that a new owner does is show Robinson the door.
    With this clown in charge we will never get promotion.

I’d be more surprised is Robinson ever said anything ‘Off’ the record!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited December 2017
    @Billericay Dickie Not sure Robinson was expecting Novak to walk out on the club just before the window closed. In fact we all know he wasn't.
    Liked Karl from day one. Went off him a little bit, finding him a little inflexible, as we all do. But if he keeps his job I'll be happy.
    Great effort tonight from the team. Jimmy Seed smiling again.
  • Options
    Some of the best football I have seen at The Valley in years and years.... but we need to get out of this division.

That said he has got a spirited team and I still think we need consistency.

Difficult one, but with investment, I’d keep him.
  • Options
    Want him to be successful with us. Love his passion
  • Options
    He’s alright. I can take him or leave him, just like most things from 2014 onwards.

If whoever takes over the club decides they want a new start, I won’t feel any sense of injustice
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    There is no one out there any better than KR right now I would want (and that RD would hire.) Let him finish out the season and evaluate if we have new owners.

• Options
    Do we have a rolling contract with KR or are we on the hook for another year after this is we sack him?
  • Options
    Ideally I’d like SCP but if we can’t have him then I’ll take Robinson. He’s a twat but he’s our twat.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Ideally I’d like SCP but if we can’t have him then I’ll take Robinson. He’s a twat but he’s our twat.

Honestly, even with a new takeover I would wait until the summer to let KR go, even if SCP was the next manager. Most of the players on the squad have no history with SCP and don't really care that we want him. It would be a mid-season transition that would take a while to adjust to and I don't wanna see him start out midseason. I would rather just play it out and make the fresh start for next season when he has a real transfer window and can revamp the squad in his image.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

@Billericay Dickie Not sure Robinson was expecting Novak to walk out on the club just before the window closed. In fact we all know he wasn't.
    Liked Karl from day one. Went off him a little bit, finding him a little inflexible, as we all do. But if he keeps his job I'll be happy.
    Great effort tonight from the team. Jimmy Seed smiling again.

Funny, because I thought the player was under contract. Who excatly is in charge here ?? I don't recall Courtinho jumping on a plane to Spain, or Sanchez popping up in Manchester without their respective clubs agreeing to it. Someone (in my mind Robinson) should have had the balls to tell Novak that he weren't going anywhere. He had signed a contract & he was playing for us until we say he can leave.

For that act alone Robinson was as culpable as Meire or RD.
    Can someone explain what actually happened there? He signed in 2016, on a three year contract, but left in 2017 as a free transfer?

I wasn't really focusing on Charlton over the summer, but I don't remember ever hearing the circumstances behind that. I know he didn't set the world alight, far from it, but clearly he featured in Robbo's plans if we didn't reinforce the team up top?