Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Seasonal Family tension

2»

Comments

• Just to balance things out on here as most of you seem miserable so & so's & would be better off spending December on Alcatraz.

Will be spending xmas eve & xmas day with my g/friend - just the two of us & will be doing a full Turkey dinner with it cold for supper. Boxing day at Southend & back to see the kids in the late afternoon & evening (they are spending xmas day with the ex-wife, her mum, their uncle (who is a manic depressive) and then they will get my presents.

No tantrums, no hassle, no problems. The joys of being divorced.

Just curious - why is this important?
    Because its the reason why they have to go to her mum's as he doesn't like spending time at someone else's house. As my ex-wife doesn't drive & there's no transport on xmas day so her mum is picking them up today & take them back on boxing day. That's 3 adults & 3 kids spending 2 nights in a 3-bed house. cosy. I'm picking Golfie Jnr tomorrow evening as its doing his nut in & then we are off to Southend Boxing day.

I had the kids & my parents last xmas & saw my parents last week when they came up with the presents (they live nr Hastings). Parents are spending xmas with LargeAddick & his wife & mother-in-law (that's another story)so they are not alone.

Have been married twice so I've done all the "you house xmas day, ours boxing day" lark. Never really been a problem (apart from said ex-brother-in-law) & I love cooking xmas dinner & have done so for years.
  • Curb_It said:

Divorced fine. But No time to see your own parents then Golf?

It’s easy to make comments like that when you have no idea what others have to put up with.

his parents are having dinner with us, he and his girlfriend were invited.

• Oakster said:

Full on Christmassy here in the Rockies but a bit nippy at -28 at the moment! Also what appears to be Cougar tracks in the snow on the back deck so Santa better be careful with those reindeer later...

yeah we have major problems with Cougar's in East Sussex too.
  • Oakster said:

Also what appears to be Cougar tracks in the snow on the back deck so Santa better be careful with those reindeer later...

If he has any sense your house will be first so Christmas can come early
  • Move abroad. Problem solved. Pub tonight, pub and restaurant tomorrow, pub boxing day. Christmas magic... :+1:

Me and the wife were in vilamoura for Christmas for 2015 stayed in four seasons.
    Spent quite a bit of time in the punter pub.
    New year's eve on the beach in Quarteira in me shorts and t shirt.
  • I am really lucky I have the best mother in law I could wish for...................she died two years ago :smile:
  • Just to balance things out on here as most of you seem miserable so & so's & would be better off spending December on Alcatraz.

Will be spending xmas eve & xmas day with my g/friend - just the two of us & will be doing a full Turkey dinner with it cold for supper. Boxing day at Southend & back to see the kids in the late afternoon & evening (they are spending xmas day with the ex-wife, her mum, their uncle (who is a manic depressive) and then they will get my presents.

No tantrums, no hassle, no problems. The joys of being divorced.

I’m 7/8ths divorced and like you I don’t have any in-laws anymore, although mine were ok. Biggest difference is that my son lives with me not his Mum.

I had all my Mum’s side of the family over last week for a Christmas dinner and tomorrow morning I’m taking my son over to see my dad and his wife then we are coming home for dinner, to play with his new PlayStation games and watch Doctor Who.

Just to be on the safe side, though, I’m going to stop off at my (almost ex-) wife’s house on the way back from my Dad’s to wait in the car while my son goes in to see his Mum for half an hour. Neither of them know yet but if I don’t this will be the first Christmas Day that he hasn’t seen her and even though he didn’t ask to see her I suspect they will both be glad when she opens the door.

Boxing Day I’m off to Southend - I love going to football on Boxing Day.
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

Sounds nice Russ.

McBobbin you are not alone believe me... odd behaviour by a family member makes my Christmas very tense.

Bah ducking humbug. Have a good one all.

Always loved Christmas B.
  • edited December 2017
    Oakster said:

Full on Christmassy here in the Rockies but a bit nippy at -28 at the moment! Also what appears to be Cougar tracks in the snow on the back deck so Santa better be careful with those reindeer later...

Mate I don't think humans should be living where you are...

(no wonder you were so upset with my Chris Powell comment yesterday) ;)
  • It can be a problem when you try to make it perfect in your eyes when that is impossible as you can't control other people. I just go with the flow and try to create some entertainment. I prefer the few days after Christmas when I am at home with not much to do :)
  • T_C_E said:

A great start to Christmas today with my usual walk with our dogs in the school fields, surrounded by care homes we/I was treated to drinks from some the old folk while the dogs have presents! Now home, we have just given a box of milk tray a good hiding and the drinks are flowing. Tomorrow is an early start to get them walked before going to my daughters for dinner......

Took mine over Danson this morning.
    Nice little touch at the the hut next to the boathouse.
    Offering his regulars a short and mince pies.
    Was actually a Baileys, but could see that raising a wry smile.
  • Christmas day here a bit of a non event, doesnt feel remotely like Christmas at all....it was 41C on Christmas eve, but a lovely cool 22C On Christmas day. Had a four hour round trip drive to spend a couple of hours with my step daughter, nice to see the Grandkids albeit they are so spoilt they seemed disinterested in presents.....step daughters Husband went to bed after an hour...hey ho Merry Christmas

• Any survivors?

• Oggy Red said:

Any survivors?

Not me ... when you bought the wrong size presents for not one but two people, bought the exact same present as someone else and instant custard for the trifle, you know Xmas 2017 hasn’t gone to plan. Still getting an ear bashing about the instant custard 48hours later ....
  • Survived the in laws and the nightmare sister in laws yesterday. Got another 8 hour session with them later today then back to Kent tomorrow to see the good guys.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    60 mile bike ride in the morning, drove out to a hotel in Cheshire for a posh Christmas lunch. Her family are yanks, my mum lives in the Canaries, her kids were with their dickhead dad.

Best Christmas ever
  • Oakster said:

-28 is f*cked up and potentially critical if unorganized. Some twat I used to live with "didn't believe in winter tyres" so guess what, we got stuck and had to push the car out of a ditch while freezing to death.

I've been around the block (very quickly) in a -20 and it shocked me.

Thought it would be a time of year that mountain lions are even more elusive. Guess they are unpredictable.
  • edited December 2017
    Just glanced at the title and thought it said Sexual Family Tension, had to double read it
  • Just glanced at the title and thought it said Sexual Family Tension, had to double read it

Lured you in though didn't it.....
  • Dave2l said:

Oakster said:

-28 is f*cked up and potentially critical if unorganized. Some twat I used to live with "didn't believe in winter tyres" so guess what, we got stuck and had to push the car out of a ditch while freezing to death.

I've been around the block (very quickly) in a -20 and it shocked me.

Thought it would be a time of year that mountain lions are even more elusive. Guess they are unpredictable.
    -39 this morning with the wind chill Dave..even too nippy for me to venture outdoors until this cold snap relents....