Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

holidays 2018 ideas

Comments

• do get a little pissed off with virgin you pay all this money for a holiday yet if i want to pick a seat to enable me and the mrs are sitting next to each other its £124.00 unless i wait till 24 hours before, ryanair jaunts under 2 hours i can understand as your talking £6.00 but this is a lot of money and don't expect it really.
  • do get a little pissed off with virgin you pay all this money for a holiday yet if i want to pick a seat to enable me and the mrs are sitting next to each other its £124.00 unless i wait till 24 hours before, ryanair jaunts under 2 hours i can understand as your talking £6.00 but this is a lot of money and don't expect it really.

Unless you want a particular couple of seats don't pay and wait for 24 hours before as you should certainly still get two together at that point.

Unless you want a particular couple of seats don't pay and wait for 24 hours before as you should certainly still get two together at that point.
    would hope so although last year done nyc and vegas and 4 of us were all split.
  • My birthday present is a weeks course on the Bear Grylls Survival Academy - my family are pretending it’s to help me keep fit whilst really trying to kill me.
  • My birthday present is a weeks course on the Bear Grylls Survival Academy - my family are pretending it’s to help me keep fit whilst really trying to kill me.

Bit of a pi*stake but then again they are no worse than BA. Both airlines operate the majority of long haul out of the UK.
    They’ve always both charged well over the odds whilst feigning ‘competition’ with one another.
    Then Norwegian came along with some seriously competitive prices.
    Low and behold ... IAG (CEO Is Willie Walsh) are now in the process of buying out Norwegian and thus reasonable air fares will a thing of the past once again.
  • My experience of Virgin holidays is piss poor - mainly their self appointed starring system which ranks their hotels well above the standard they actually are - e.g the Savanagh hotel Barbados, think they ranked it 5 Star, whereas the manager admitted it struggled to be 3.

When things go wrong I.e. you find out you are in a doss hole, there is very little you can do except take on a huge faceless organisation or fork out a huge sum to get a better hotel.
  • PopIcon said:

I went Malta once, it was fucking horrible. It was like holidaying in a sweaty version Sheppy. Bleak and destitute. The wrinkles on my arsehole have more depth and colour.

Just got back from a week in Malta, first time I've been there. What a shabby old place! Half the buildings are falling down, or are only half way finished. Pavements and roads in the same state as the buildings with massive holes, missing drainage covers. Dog poop everywhere.

Enjoyed visiting Valletta, Mdina and Gozo but I won't be going back.
  • Howells said:

do get a little pissed off with virgin you pay all this money for a holiday yet if i want to pick a seat to enable me and the mrs are sitting next to each other its £124.00 unless i wait till 24 hours before, ryanair jaunts under 2 hours i can understand as your talking £6.00 but this is a lot of money and don't expect it really.

Bit of a pi*stake but then again they are no worse than BA. Both airlines operate the majority of long haul out of the UK.
    They’ve always both charged well over the odds whilst feigning ‘competition’ with one another.
    Then Norwegian came along with some seriously competitive prices.
    Low and behold ... IAG (CEO Is Willie Walsh) are now in the process of buying out Norwegian and thus reasonable air fares will a thing of the past once again.
    keep the riff raff out ;0)

would hope so although last year done nyc and vegas and 4 of us were all split.
    3 wives? Are you a Mormon?
  • Sponsored links:

• Just finishing a week in Happisburgh. Good weather, nice beaches, lots to do. Sheringham Park was great for the dogs and with the azealeas and rhordedendrums out was very pleasant. Visited Holt, Sheringham, Cromer etc and went to see the seals at Horsey. Went for a two hour trip down The Broads from Wroxham today. All in all a good week away and Norfolk has a lot to offer.
  • Just finishing a week in Happisburgh. Good weather, nice beaches, lots to do. Sheringham Park was great for the dogs and with the azealeas and rhordedendrums out was very pleasant. Visited Holt, Sheringham, Cromer etc and went to see the seals at Horsey. Went for a two hour trip down The Broads from Wroxham today. All in all a good week away and Norfolk has a lot to offer.

You sound a lot happier than Golfie
  • Just got back from 10 nights in Jamaica at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton resort, apart from a fair bit of rain we absolutely loved it.
  • Wilma said:

PopIcon said:

I went Malta once, it was fucking horrible. It was like holidaying in a sweaty version Sheppy. Bleak and destitute. The wrinkles on my arsehole have more depth and colour.

Just got back from a week in Malta, first time I've been there. What a shabby old place! Half the buildings are falling down, or are only half way finished. Pavements and roads in the same state as the buildings with massive holes, missing drainage covers. Dog poop everywhere.

“The pub” in Valletta is a good spot to visit went there for a drink when England played out there last year am currently in riviera maya where we are on our 3rd day of constant rain :(
  • holiday in Cambodia?
  • holiday in Cambodia?

I’ve packed my wife
  • Wilma said:

PopIcon said:

Blimey just got back from Malta today myself.
  • We have done a road trip for the last five years, which were 5-6 weeks in duration (mainly to France and Spain) due to wife's work commitments we won't be doing one this year...shame as we both really enjoy this. Anyway it's a week in Zante and 4/5 night trip over to Dublin (wife's mother is Irish) for us this year.
  • clb74 said:

Wilma said:

PopIcon said:

Blimey just got back from Malta today myself.
    What did you think of it?

I stayed just outside Buggiba, which is one of the main tourist areas. Town and main street were okay but it wasn't very pleasant walking back to the hotel later in the evening.
  • Sponsored links:

• Anyone been Great Yarmouth? Taking kids, 6,3,and 1 year olds in July. 4 adults and 3 kids in a 3 bed caravan. Not keen on the idea myself, being used to hotels. Never done this before. Any tips?
  • Anyone been Great Yarmouth? Taking kids, 6,3,and 1 year olds in July. 4 adults and 3 kids in a 3 bed caravan. Not keen on the idea myself, being used to hotels. Never done this before. Any tips?

Don't go :smile: It's chav town.

Loads of places to go with kids nearby. The Sealife Centre on the seafront is good. Or any of the thousands of arcades to waste a few quid and a few hours.

Thrigby Hall wildlife park is not too far away and well worth a visit. They have a treetop walk over the top of the big cat enclosures, and similar through the hot house where the crocodiles are.

Caravans are great with kids as you can come and go as you please. Make sure you remember to take basics such as tea/coffee and general kitchen stuff like washing up liquid, tea towels etc. Also, if you have any snorers going, the paper thin walls of the caravan will not stop that sound from spreading, so take ear plugs!

Saw Jim Davidson up there back in 89.
  • Set a goal of visiting 3 new countries this year... does Monaco count or am I going to have to pop over to Belfast for a day (please, no)?
  • edited May 2018
    Wilma said:

Anyone been Great Yarmouth? Taking kids, 6,3,and 1 year olds in July. 4 adults and 3 kids in a 3 bed caravan. Not keen on the idea myself, being used to hotels. Never done this before. Any tips?

Loads of places to go with kids nearby. The Sealife Centre on the seafront is good. Or any of the thousands of arcades to waste a few quid and a few hours.

Thrigby Hall wildlife park is not too far away and well worth a visit. They have a treetop walk over the top of the big cat enclosures, and similar through the hot house where the crocodiles are.

Caravans are great with kids as you can come and go as you please. Make sure you remember to take basics such as tea/coffee and general kitchen stuff like washing up liquid, tea towels etc. Also, if you have any snorers going, the paper thin walls of the caravan will not stop that sound from spreading, so take ear plugs!
    Cheers @Wilma say hi to Fred for me :smile:

Love it up there mate, I was trying as late as Sunday night to get a caravan there for Monday but just couldn’t afford it. Ignore @Covered End coment, Great Yarmouth is a great place if you’ve got young kids. Hope the weather is kind for you sir.
  • drove through Great Yarmouth last week, didn't stop, all kiss me quick hats, amusements, fun parks etc like a southern Blackpool. Definitely not our cup of tea but for kids I suppose it's great.

Love it up there mate, I was trying as late as Sunday night to get a caravan there for Monday but just couldn’t afford it. Ignore @Covered End coment, Great Yarmouth is a great place if you’ve got young kids. Hope the weather is kind for you sir.
    Ta mate.