Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Star Wars Ep VIII - Last Jedi - CONTAINS SPOILERS

Comments

• Options
    Saw it today and have avoided this thread like the plague.

I'm not sure. Similar to the force awakens for me. Which I loved, but a big part of the reason for that was the whole bringing back nostalgia thing
    Like this,It had holes everywhere!

The Last Jedi was kind of like watching two films together . Problem being the second film was the same as the first!
    It did drag a bit and we seemed to be going over old ground.
    My only other bug bear was the comedy.
    I'm all for a bit of change but this didn't feel right and some of it wasn't that funny.

All said I thought it was a great spectacle. My boys loved it which is enough for me.
    Not really sure where they go with it next and feel they'll be a lot of cramming in the last one.
    No doubt I'll be there to witness it with my 3D specs on!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Agree with the comments about Poe Dameron.

Christ. This fella could have a career at Charlton Athletic and still come out of the other side looking all right!
  • Options
    Yeah I’m a big fan of Oscar Isaac and think he’s a terrific actor, I just... don’t really like Poe, there’s just nothing likeable about him. At least Han was a cocky scumbag but you knew he wasn’t that bad deep down cos he chose to stay and help when he and chewy could’ve flown off at any time. Poe is just a bit of a tit that gets everyone in more trouble than it’s worth.
  • Options
    Uboat said:

Yeah I’m a big fan of Oscar Isaac and think he’s a terrific actor, I just... don’t really like Poe, there’s just nothing likeable about him. At least Han was a cocky scumbag but you knew he wasn’t that bad deep down cos he chose to stay and help when he and chewy could’ve flown off at any time. Poe is just a bit of a tit that gets everyone in more trouble than it’s worth.

Absolutely disgraceful comments about the best pilot in the resistance.
    The way he keeps touching up BB-8 is creepy. I think he's abusing the little fella.
  • Options
    The whole Finn and Rose ‘plot’ was pointless. Just filler tomjntroduce the new youngun Jedi.

I’m pissed.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Saw it last night and enjoyed it overall. A bit messy in places and really didn't like the Canto Bight section. That was straight out of the George Lucas prequels. Also why didn't the star destroyers step on the gas a bit to catch up rather than wait for the rebel ships to run out of petrol? Or was that explained?

It was said by Hux or one of his staff that the rebel cruiser was slightly faster so they could only chase it, not catch it. That suggests Star Destroyer is a bit of a misnomer, given that destroyers are usually faster cruisers. Also, you'd have thought the two ships with the cruiser, a hospital ship and a transport of some kind, wouldn't have been particularly fast, wouldn't have been able to keep up with the cruiser, and would have been caught without having to wait for them to run out of fuel.

On another note, did Benicio del Toro's character peg it? If not, he should be back for the next film for Finn and Rose to have a reckoning with.
  • Options
    I enjoyed it but at times I thought it went a bit robot chicken star wars especially the bit where Poe pretended to be on hold.
  • Options
    Actually didn’t they say the rebel ships were lighter and faster? Meaning they in fact wouldn’t have been able to keep up..
  • Options
    The bit where Luke went down the mountain to collect green milk from that creature with the big saggy tits. Then drink a bit and pull a ridiculous face.

What the f*** was all that about??
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The bit where Luke went down the mountain to collect green milk from that creature with the big saggy tits. Then drink a bit and pull a ridiculous face.

He was thirsty
  • Options

He was thirsty
    Would rather of Drunk my own pi55.

• Options
    He does that in the next one, via the force....
  • Options
    I really liked it, don’t have a problem with some of the supposed flaws, and we’re nicely set up for Number 9
  • Options
    Just got back from the cinema, absolute bobbins so so disappointed. That scene with Leia floating in space was just tragic.

Right down there with Attack of the Clones for me as the worst in the franchise
  • Options
    razil said:

Few too many close ups of the oldies, so glad Luke’s hair was tidied up for his big scene, solos was dire in the first one. Nothing against seniors but those who are screen friendly when young don’t necessarily fit when older. This is cinema and fantasy it doesn’t have to be overly ‘real’.

By definition, fantasy isn't real, but what it does have to be is real within its own parameters.

He was thirsty

Is that like a P45?
  • Options

Just got back from the cinema, absolute bobbins so so disappointed. That scene with Leia floating in space was just tragic.

I'm with you on the Leia in space nonsense. What the f were they thinking?
  • Options
    Saw it last night and has taken me a while to digest it all. Overall I feel a bit meh about it. A hell of a lot happened but overall we've not ended up a lot further on in the story just a load of people killed off.

I'm not going to moan too much about plot holes as if you really want to you could pick apart every single SW film. But can someone explain to me how Benicio's character knew about the transport ships cloaking?

One other moan just in general. Anyone else feel like cinema screens are just getting too big? I saw it on an IMAX and there's just too much going on across the huge screen to really take it all in.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Friday box office numbers from yesterday were a disaster for the Last Jedi in the US.

Only $24M, down a massive 77% from last Friday. Even taking out midnight showing last week, about a 60% drop. Most were expecting to make 110M this weekend. Looks more like $70M at best.
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

I'm not going to moan too much about plot holes as if you really want to you could pick apart every single SW film. But can someone explain to me how Benicio's character knew about the transport ships cloaking?

he overheard the convo where poe told finn that the admiral was going to flee to the surface

what bothered me more was why he started to morph into kripke from the big bang theory as he was collecting his reward
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Total let down. Bored to tears watching it
  • Options
    It's a Star Wars film. With Star Wars characters old and new. The great soundtrack, light sabre battles and spaceships.

I loved Star Wars as a kid and I still do.

So quite simply going and watching this with my son today was, as I expected, a magical couple of hours.

Seeing Luke Skywalker fire up a light sabre again got a lump in my throat!
  • Options

It's a Star Wars film. With Star Wars characters old and new. The great soundtrack, light sabre battles and spaceships.

I loved Star Wars as a kid and I still do

Did you get lumpy watching him play pattycakes with the droopy alien titties too?
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I loved Star Wars as a kid and I still do

Did you get lumpy watching him play pattycakes with the droopy alien titties too?
    Yeah I'll accept that was a bit weird......
  • Options
    edited December 2017

razil said:

Few too many close ups of the oldies, so glad Luke’s hair was tidied up for his big scene, solos was dire in the first one. Nothing against seniors but those who are screen friendly when young don’t necessarily fit when older. This is cinema and fantasy it doesn’t have to be overly ‘real’.

By definition, fantasy isn't real, but what it does have to be is real within its own parameters.

He was thirsty

Is that like a P45?
    Mmmm, agree with that I do - for plot holes but not necessarily for wrinklies.. :)
  • Options
    Missed It said:

I'm with you on the Leia in space nonsense. What the f were they thinking?
    I've changed my mind on some bits, at the time thought this scene was shit. Now I like it.
  • Options
    WSS said:

The whole Finn and Rose ‘plot’ was pointless. Just filler tomjntroduce the new youngun Jedi

But if a contradiction there.

razil said:

He was thirsty

Is that like a P45?
    Which Star Wars parameters did TLJ break?
  • Options
    Haven't seen it yet but for me it has to be a visual and audio experience and roller coaster ride. The science is irrelevant, it is just a story. It doesn't do to over analyse every detail - Yoda was a muppet after all!
  • Options

Haven't seen it yet but for me it has to be a visual and audio experience and roller coaster ride. The science is irrelevant, it is just a story. It doesn't do to over analyse every detail - Yoda was a muppet after all!

He’d have kicked your arse
  • Options
    edited December 2017

He’d have kicked your arse
    "A Jedi uses the Force for knowledge and defense, never for attack."