Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Spurs crowds...

Surprised me a little. One off season to play at Wembley, always give the impression as a potentially up scalable giant, but pulling in just 43k crowds.

Thought they would be hitting bigger numbers

Comments

• Didnt know that....surprised.
  • I think some of the gates are limited under the terms of the lease.

But I thought it was 60k not 43k
  • 46,438 tonight with 3k away fans
  • Before this season started I thought Spurs home games would be an opportunity, as a London football fan, to experience some Premiership matches at one of the best grounds in Europe. On further investigation I discovered you can't just casually buy a ticket. I think you have to have been some kind of member of something or other and you can't join during the season. If they were to allow casual fans I have no doubt they would be getting over 60,000 at every home game.
  • What kind of a member?
    Do you have pictures?
  • Think tonight was particularly low for them. They are averaging 69000+ at 'home' in the league
  • Defo averaging 69k in league
  • Spurs are averaging 69,315 this season.
    White Hart Lane capacity was 36,284 so getting just under double
  • Sponsored links:

• Before this season started I thought Spurs home games would be an opportunity, as a London football fan, to experience some Premiership matches at one of the best grounds in Europe. On further investigation I discovered you can't just casually buy a ticket. I think you have to have been some kind of member of something or other and you can't join during the season. If they were to allow casual fans I have no doubt they would be getting over 60,000 at every home game.

They would be filling Wembley.

They're allowed the whole ground, however, Wembley is a horrible ground. 47k is a surprise thought they would be averaging more, I think the Liverpool game had over 80k?
  • There are restrictions on evening games.
  • Pretty obvious why their gates are suffering, just think of all those taxi rides Meire takes & the number of Spurs cabbies she is persuading to switch allegiances. A Tsunami of defections..
  • God knows where most of them go for a drink round there?!?
  • Whats the capacity of their new Ground?

Especially, with an extra couple of thousand away fans in the home end. Tottenham away is everyone's cup final this season.

Especially, with an extra couple of thousand away fans in the home end. Tottenham away is everyone's cup final this season.
    Apart from the two teams that get to the cup final...
  • Love them or hate them, I went to Man united last week in the CL in a nothing game as they'd already qualified and fielded a second string team. Crowd was announced as 74k in a 75k stadium and it put in perspective how many different levels there are within leagues.

Makes what Leicester did even more remarkable. Had they not done what they did I would concede that football was dead in this country as the "hope" factor diminished and it would be like a Spanish or Scottish league system with the top 2 or 4 and everyone else competing for the scraps.

Leicester, and to a lesser extent Burnley this season are showing that it's still alive and kicking even if the odds are high

As far as we are concerned we are only 2 or 3 good seasons from Champions League football and sell out crowds and as unlikely as it may seem at times it is possible.

Burnley still have a transfer window to navigate next month. Leicester didnt have Scott Parker Ngolo Kante snatched from them until the end of the season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Taxi_Lad said:

Think tonight was particularly low for them. They are averaging 69000+ at 'home' in the league

:wink:
  • Spurs second biggest supported in London behind arsenal but could top them with success I reckon - Chelsea and West Ham some way behind but next - us palace qpr all probably next and interchangeable - that's the order of things on London id say - stick millwall in with the Brentford's and fulhams
  • I suspect the recent bad weather, transport issues and Xmas might have had something to do with their recent attendance.
  • edited December 2017
    Who the fcuk wants to watch Spurs v Brighton a couple of weeks before Christmas when its freezing cold?
  • JohnBoyUK said:

Who the fcuk wants to watch Spurs v Brighton a couple of weeks before Christmas when its freezing cold?

My mate was there, had to miss our pool match. Told him not too bother :)
  • Whats the capacity of their new Ground?

I heard 61,000, to beat Arsenal.
  • Uboat said:

Whats the capacity of their new Ground?

I heard 61,000, to beat Arsenal.
    and a reference to the double winning year too...
  • The stadium is coming on nicely is you haven't seen it yet... http://new-stadium.tottenhamhotspur.com/interact/
  • This far along in the thread and not one "......it was a freebie from a spurs supporting mate". WTF!?!
  • CAFCTrev said:

This far along in the thread and not one "......it was a freebie from a spurs supporting mate". WTF!?!

No one wants to admit to a mate who supports Spurs