Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Chris Froome fails a drug test

124»

Comments

• Options
    I don't trust a single one of them
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

This. But for every professional sport.
  • Options
    edited March 2018
    I am beginning to wonder a bit with how Mark Cavendish was at Team SKY - I know they didnt back him that year but wasnt half in a rush to get out.

Not for one second do I think he was involved (I pray he wasnt) yet he got treated like shit that year and was never backed by them... Was that partly because of how they did things and he just didnt want to be part of them?

He's also been rather vocal about previous failed drugs tests but has been rather quiet about SKY... does that mean NDAs have been signed?
  • Options

McBobbin said:

Some more than others. But I'm trying to think of one where they probably don't take performance enhancing drugs is darts! And maybe team sports like cricket and football (probably being very naive with that one)
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Some more than others. But I'm trying to think of one where they probably don't take performance enhancing drugs is darts! And maybe team sports like cricket and football (probably being very naive with that one)
    I struggle to believe that Football is such a clean sport... I reckon its all hushed up which is very wrong!!
  • Options
    edited March 2018

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

I struggle to believe that Football is such a clean sport... I reckon its all hushed up which is very wrong!!
    I happen to think football is riddled with it at the top levels.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

I reckon it goes on, just not endemic
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

The impact of performance enhancing drugs in football would be too ephemeral to be worth risking....

...in a sport like cycling or athletics it can be the difference between winning and being an also ran.
  • Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

The impact of performance enhancing drugs in football would be too ephemeral to be worth risking....

...in a sport like cycling or athletics it can be the difference between winning and being an also ran.
    I get your point. But as this has moved to unethical as opposed to illegal ,football lost any sort of ethics decades ago.
  • Options
    Its probably a really obvious reason but how are injections allowed to get injured players through important games?

Surely thats a form of Sports enhancing drug?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Nobody could accuse our players of taking performance enhancing drugs...
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

McBobbin said:

McBobbin said:

Nobody could accuse our players of taking performance enhancing drugs...
    Maybe its the other 23 sides taking them
  • Options
    @Leroy Ambrose I know you've researched this topic - just wonder what your views are on Sky?
  • Options
    In other countries cycling is a major spectator sport. It has had a drugs problem for decades - going back to the 50s. It feels Sky and Wiggins skirted around the edges of legality, but maybe that is a bigger issue about the sport. It was probably Team Sky's whiter than white approach that makes it worse.