Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Massively insulted by the club (well, they could have been a bit more careful)

My name is spelt correctly on the Valley Party board in the West Stand so how could they get it wrong in the programme yesterday? I'd guess they got it wrong on the screen at half-time, too, but didn't look. Of course, I blame Roland, it's his petty way of getting back at me for protesting in Belgium.

Comments

• My name is spelt correctly on the Valley Party board in the West Stand so how could they get it wrong in the programme yesterday? I'd guess they got it wrong on the screen at half-time, too, but didn't look. Of course, I blame Roland, it's his petty way of getting back at me for protesting in Belgium.

I’ll take the hit for this one and can I only apologise.
    We had someone independantly check through all the names to make sure we didn’t let anyone down.
    We were told that one of the names was spelt wrong and made the change accordingly, but were later told that the original spelling was in fact correct so were asked to change it back.
    Unfortunately, by the time we were told that, the page had gone to print and it was too late.
    I assume that name was yours and the correct spelling was used on the big screen as we had plenty of time to change it back for that. We did try and get someone to get the message over so that you knew in advance that this had happened, but now assume that didn’t happen.
    Apologies again.
    Fair play for the apology. Mistakes happen.
  • edited December 2017
    Admit who you really are Ollie.
  • cfgs said:

My name is spelt correctly on the Valley Party board in the West Stand so how could they get it wrong in the programme yesterday? I'd guess they got it wrong on the screen at half-time, too, but didn't look. Of course, I blame Roland, it's his petty way of getting back at me for protesting in Belgium.

I’ll take the hit for this one and can I only apologise.
    We had someone independantly check through all the names to make sure we didn’t let anyone down.
    We were told that one of the names was spelt wrong and made the change accordingly, but were later told that the original spelling was in fact correct so were asked to change it back.
    Unfortunately, by the time we were told that, the page had gone to print and it was too late.
    I assume that name was yours and the correct spelling was used on the big screen as we had plenty of time to change it back for that. We did try and get someone to get the message over so that you knew in advance that this had happened, but now assume that didn’t happen.
    Apologies again.
    Fair play for the apology. Mistakes happen.
    And the speed of the apology ... kudos.
  • Well done Olly.
  • Palace fans these days ay
  • Sponsored links:

• iamdan said:

We all know who Olly is so he has nothing to admit.
  • iamdan said:

We all know who Olly is so he has nothing to admit.
    My comment wasnt malicious.

• I figure he's some guy. Some guy named Olly.
  • If only there was some thread with an Olly meme.
  • The late Gary Hannant's first name is also spelt wrongly in the programme, I'm afraid.
  • iamdan said:

He's best friend is Stan
  • edited December 2017
    This is Hardy good enough :wink:

( i’m here all week :+1: )
  • edited December 2017
    3blokes said:

This is Hardy good enough :wink:

( i’m here all week :+1: )

Well you certainly won’t be getting a Laurel for that one! :wink: