Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

BBC Christmas "Advert"

The animated one with the busy single dad and the teenage daughter doing her Christmas dance at the school talent contest.

The guys that think of the story line and the guys who put it together for our delectation are so, so talented.

I'm turning into a soppy old git in my old age.

Comments

• Options
    I agree. It's excellent
  • Options
    I think it cack
  • Options
    Yeah it's really good
  • Options
    I have to admit that I've seen a couple of scenes (tonight was washing the dishes) and it's hugely impressive.

Both in terms of the quality of the stop frame animation and also the fact that it exhibits something in which the UK is a world leader, it's the BBC at its best in microcosm.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    What was it like finding your shrivelled penises rolling around in your under crackers!

Light weights!
  • Options
    What is it for exactly? Except to make my Mrs cry every time it comes on.
  • Options

Will look into it
  • Options

I have to admit that I've seen a couple of scenes (tonight was washing the dishes) and it's hugely impressive.

Both in terms of the quality of the stop frame animation and also the fact that it exhibits something in which the UK is a world leader, it's the BBC at its best in microcosm.

Amazing what can be achieved when a TV organisation has an operating budget of over £5 billion.....
  • Options

My Mrs is the same mate, watched it twice and been teary eyed both times!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Amazing what can be achieved when a TV organisation has an operating budget of over £5 billion.....
    Paid for by the British public through our TV Licence and made available for nothing for Johnny Foreigner.
  • Options
    I just had a eurika moment - abolish the tv tax as we know it and instead make everyone give £100 a year to the NHS. Joe public saves £45 a year, the NHS is saved and the BBC can be as biased as it wants.

Everyone's a winner
  • Options
    Addickted said:

Paid for by the British public through our TV Licence and made available for nothing for Johnny Foreigner.
    I don't know any foreigners who watch it
  • Options
    It’s a brilliant piece of animation and I really like it but it probably should be as it took almost a year to produce.
  • Options

I just had a eurika moment - abolish the tv tax as we know it and instead make everyone give £100 a year to the NHS. Joe public saves £45 a year, the NHS is saved and the BBC can be as biased as it wants.

Everyone's a winner

Good idea, could call it National Insurance or something.
  • Options

I think it's meant to entertain those of us who pay our license. Seems to be doing it's job.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Everyone's a winner

£100 a year? If only.......
  • Options
    The only fault is the awful music.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Everyone's a winner

You could do, but that already exists an don't seem to be covering the costs, does it

Anyway i don't wanna take the thread off topic
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    BBC

Paris
    Rome
    New York
    Sydney
    Berlin
    Madrid
    Beijing
    Salford.......what were they fucking thinking of!
  • Options
    The music and the animation are perfect.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

se9addick said:

Everyone's a winner

£100 a year? If only.......
    I was meaning as well as NI and instead of the tv tax
  • Options
    Love it, was watching it earlier and shed a tear. Love the level of detail in it.
  • Options
    Absolute shite
  • Options
    Guardian defending the BBC !! whod of believed that ?

ps i like the ad
  • Options
    I love it, and I'm one to proactively avoid Christmas adverts and also to moan about such blatant capitalist cynical greed.

This short is very well made and touching