Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

(Today) Let’s not forget the boycotters

edited December 2017 in General Charlton
I’m really looking forward to today. It’s going to be a great day.
Due to my personal circumstances I am lucky enough to go to game tomorrow without paying Roland a penny.
However, we should not forget the boycotters . Tomorrow is about them as much as us and I feel that we should honour their commitment to the club. (most of which helped to get us back to theValley)
I know at least 8 supporters who won’t come back until Roland has gone.
I’m thinking we should all tape black bin liners to the empty seats (where you mates should be sitting).
It will show the regime what they could have had! (Without disrupting the game or atmosphere )

Any other ideas?

Comments

• Options
    If you are getting a free ticket, should you not give it to a supporter who would be buying a ticket and thus depriving Rolly of another £20? :-)
  • Options
    That’s a great idea but who’s going to look after Katrien?
  • Options
    £20?? Mine was £23
  • Options
    It’s a personal choice if somebody wants to boycott, nobody is forcing them to and if there was one game they should turn up to it is this one to show a prospective buyer what they could get for their money. A black bin bag on an empty sweat ? That will look like a broken seat.
  • Options

Each to their own,if people dont want to come that s their choice.25 years ago marked the end of a desperate time in our history,I did my bit,went to meetings,gave out leaflets,helped deweed the valley.I endured the 7 years away ,never once considering not going.I have stood on the terrace watching us let in 5 on a wet tuesday night in front of 3000,I was at Villa,watching us lose 11-1.My allegiance to this club,far out weighs any misgivings I have about the ownership.So,I do not understand anybody not attending the Portsmouth game on principal.I will not spare a thought for the boycotters,they can all piss off and amuse themselves on social media or walk round Bluewater,whatever they now do on a Saturday.But,dont come back singing Charlton till I die,when Roland is gone.

Very interesting, waiting with baited breath to read this missing prose.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Good point.
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

@thickandthin63 your comments are a little at odds with the one you made on the Poll thread for the Pompey game. Are you really two posters - “thick” and “thin”?

I am breaking my boycott today. We all deserve to celebrate THIS game, OUR history and OUR club. And. I’ll be singing “Charlton til I die” long after this mob have gone, having been here 44 years before them!

Lol, contradiction at its best.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think the main problem is that those who go to games to support the team think boycotting fans are misguided and letting the team down.

Boycotting supporters think the same about us.

I am fully expecting boycotting supporters to form a guard of honour and applaud those that have been attending into the ground when Rolly goes.

See what I mean?
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

@thickandthin63 your comments are a little at odds with the one you made on the Poll thread for the Pompey game. Are you really two posters - “thick” and “thin”?

I am breaking my boycott today. We all deserve to celebrate THIS game, OUR history and OUR club. And. I’ll be singing “Charlton til I die” long after this mob have gone, having been here 44 years before them!

Or thick and fat.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I did consider ending my boycott for today’s game and celebration but in the end decided to stick to my guns, sad as that is.

More importantly to me, I was there on our return, that was the big moment for me and while today would have been nice, it isn’t the same.

I agree with Redrobo, we probably all think the other is delusional for going/not going.

To all of you going enjoy the day and let’s hope we pick up 3 more points.

No sorry Martin disagree on the 'we probably ALL think the other is delusional' bit, I respect everyone's right to do as they see fit but I certainly wouldn't come on here digging out either set of fans irrespective of whether I'm anti or pro regime.

Edit; however I might post the odd gif to try and lighten the mood a tad :wink:
  • Options
    TelMc32 said:

Exactly the same as this Tel! Hoping to bring some friends along from work today as they’ve wanted to come but I’ve been boycotting. Think I’ll struggle to get the 5-7 tickets though!