Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Thank you

I'd just like to say thank you to every single fan who campaigned and fought to bring us back to The Valley. I just don't know what I would do without my weekends if I didn't have Charlton. And God only knows who I'd support if they weren't there. I feel like I kind of take it for granted being at The Valley sometimes and don't realise how much hard work was put into what the ground and club is today.

My Dad took me to my first game in the '95/96 season when I was a wee nipper of around 7 years old and was hooked ever since. Dad is originally from Glasgow and supports Rangers but wanted to make an effort to find me a local team. We came from Barnehurst (now based over the water in Essex) so was very easy to get to by train/car. As soon as my Dad took me to my first game I was hooked and haven't looked back ever since.

My youngest brother is also a Charlton fan and the other brother (unfortunately) supports Arsenal.

So on behalf of myself, My Dad and youngest brother...I thank each and every one of you and salute you for all the hard work that made it happen.

COYR - 3 points against Pompey tomorrow - 1-0 would be ideal ;)

Comments

• I echo the above. As someone who wasnt around then I am so glad I have a team to support! Respect.
  • Agreed... Had Charlton not moved back to the Valley in '92 then I doubt I'd have ever become a Charlton fan and would probably have remained a Man Utd one - It was thanks to the return that my Primary School got free tickets which was to my first.. It was thanks to the return that someone my Dad knew took my too see Charlton prior to getting a season ticket

None of that would have happened without the fans!!

• Agree

Rangers and Charlton- you clearly come from a good family
  • Charlton and Rangers - my word how our clubs have changed down the years