Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

"Karl Robinson says he has spoken to Roland Duchatelet just once since the summer."

Comments

• Options

HandG said:

If he only gave Best a one month contract, not a penny will be spent in January if he is still here.

Good on Karl for speaking out although it might get him into trouble...

I don't know if this is KR's way of letting us know that or the fact he can't keep his mouth shut, but at least no-one can be in any doubt that RD doesn't care at all what happens to us.
    KR definitely can't keep it shut. However there does seem to be a change of tack. This comment together with the 'respecting boycotting fans' tends to suggest he is trying to get all fan factions on side.
    I really don't think KR was intimating at anything when he stated the simple fact that RM phoned him to let him know he could go ahead with the deal. The idea that RM might be paying Best's wages comes only from Airman. When Airman intimates something on here it is still usually based on a deep knowledge of the current and past internal workings of the club. My understanding is that Airman is not exactly close to RM. I thought they had fallen out. So why would Airman post something on here that, on the face of it, seems designed to restablish RM's tarnished image with a lot of the fan base? Or, maybe I should just get back to the Brexit thread!
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Is Murray still on the board? I know he resigned as non exec chairman due to health problems..

Internal confusion. When he resigned as chairman, he was also deleted in the programme as a director. Some weeks later he was reinstated in the programme as a director. It's not clear at what level the misunderstanding occurred, although Meire's initial quotes about "missing" his involvement were a bit weird if she understood he intended to remain on the board. I seriously doubt it made any difference whether he was nominally chairman or not.

He wasn't exec chairman, though, he was non-exec chairman.
  • Options
    He would never have made these statements unless the club is being sold knowing full well Roland isn’t going to sack him this late in the day....IMHO
  • Options

HandG said:

If he only gave Best a one month contract, not a penny will be spent in January if he is still here.

I don't know if this is KR's way of letting us know that or the fact he can't keep his mouth shut, but at least no-one can be in any doubt that RD doesn't care at all what happens to us.
    KR definitely can't keep it shut. However there does seem to be a change of tack. This comment together with the 'respecting boycotting fans' tends to suggest he is trying to get all fan factions on side.
    I really don't think KR was intimating at anything when he stated the simple fact that RM phoned him to let him know he could go ahead with the deal. The idea that RM might be paying Best's wages comes only from Airman. When Airman intimates something on here it is still usually based on a deep knowledge of the current and past internal workings of the club. My understanding is that Airman is not exactly close to RM. I thought they had fallen out. So why would Airman post something on here that, on the face of it, seems designed to restablish RM's tarnished image with a lot of the fan base? Or, maybe I should just get back to the Brexit thread!
    It's just speculation, but Murray is perfectly capable of putting his hand in his pocket to resolve a problem and whatever differences I might have with him I don't think he's the antichrist.

Robinson's management relationship with the board is with Meire. If a non-exec director is getting involved it's because he's made it happen, IMO, one way or another.
  • Options

HandG said:

It's just speculation, but Murray is perfectly capable of putting his hand in his pocket to resolve a problem and whatever differences I might have with him I don't think he's the antichrist.

Robinson's management relationship with the board is with Meire. If a non-exec director is getting involved it's because he's made it happen, IMO, one way or another.
    Cheers for clarifying. Makes a bit more sense.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

HandG said:

With no knowledge, I suspect KRs relationship with 'the board' has more been with RM in recent months than KM (and certainly more than RD).

My best guess would be that the 'someone from the board' that told KR the club was not up for sale was RM, but as I said, that's a guess.
  • Options

HandG said:

With no knowledge, I suspect KRs relationship with 'the board' has more been with RM in recent months than KM (and certainly more than RD).

My best guess would be that the 'someone from the board' that told RM the club was not up for sale was RM, but as I said, that's a guess.
    RM is hearing voices in his head?
  • Options

HandG said:

My best guess would be that the 'someone from the board' that told RM the club was not up for sale was RM, but as I said, that's a guess.
    RM is hearing voices in his head?
    Hero to zero.
    Shame really
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Good to see you posting again, @boggzy.

Hope you're well mate.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great to see you back Boggzy.
  • Options
    HandG said:

Can't help but think he's spoken for a reason other than just a throwaway quote. Could be to cover his backside as far as fans are concerned (results plus shows he's not a puppet?).
  • Options
    edited December 2017

boggzy said:

Murray should be nowhere near the club after everything he's done since 2006, and especially supporting this lot, treating supporters with contempt and still being at Meire's side like a desperate old man.

However there is no way he won't want to be involved, if new owners strike a deal. If/when that deal gets close expect a few softening of opinions and rewrites of history from certain persons, probably for reasons similar to his own.

What a load of bollocks.
    Turn it in, I can already see Murray claiming he always wanted to speak out but couldn't etc etc
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

boggzy said:

Murray should be nowhere near the club after everything he's done since 2006, and especially supporting this lot, treating supporters with contempt and still being at Meire's side like a desperate old man.

However there is no way he won't want to be involved, if new owners strike a deal. If/when that deal gets close expect a few softening of opinions and rewrites of history from certain persons, probably for reasons similar to his own.

What a load of bollocks.
    Disagree, I can already see Murray claiming he always wanted to speak out but couldn't etc etc
    I think Rick meant about 'from certain persons' as opposed to Murray

• Options

boggzy said:

What a load of bollocks.
    Is it? Seems like close to the truth for me.

1) Murray seems to ha e acted rather like the Vichy

2) should the club be sold, many who have been very close to the current regime will try hard to be close to the new owners and if that needs them to soften or rewrote their views, they will.

Don’t have the same level of information as @Airman Brown and happy to be proved wrong.
  • Options
    Didn't KR say that if we were still in the mix in January then we would splash out on a new striker?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

Didn't KR say that if we were still in the mix in January then we would splash out on a new striker?

Yeh, something like 'we'll give it a right go' however what he wanted and was promised is now likely to be a completely different kettle of fish in reality when push comes to shove for more reasons than one :disappointed: .
  • Options

Very interesting.

I had already been wondering if RM might have paid Best's wages to make the deal happen. I really don't see why he would be making the phone call otherwise.

Is it just me? Does no one else find this, if true, really bizarre? Why would RM do that? Does RM have any expertise in judging the value of a footballer? Would he expect the money spent on the wages to be returned? Exactly how rich is he?
    Parky allegedly paid Gary Borrowdale's wages out of his own pocket a few years back.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Very interesting.

I had already been wondering if RM might have paid Best's wages to make the deal happen. I really don't see why he would be making the phone call otherwise.

Is it just me? Does no one else find this, if true, really bizarre? Why would RM do that? Does RM have any expertise in judging the value of a footballer? Would he expect the money spent on the wages to be returned? Exactly how rich is he?
    Parky allegedly paid Gary Borrowdale's wages out of his own pocket a few years back.
    No allegedly, Murray said it at the EGM. He also said that Parky was the best Manager he had worked with, that was including Curbs.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

He did, and we have ..... Leon Best.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

Then again Boggz, I suppose RM has pumped a significant amount of his own money into the club.
  • Options

boggzy said:

What a load of bollocks.
    Is it? Seems like close to the truth for me.

1) Murray seems to ha e acted rather like the Vichy

2) should the club be sold, many who have been very close to the current regime will try hard to be close to the new owners and if that needs them to soften or rewrote their views, they will.

Don’t have the same level of information as @Airman Brown and happy to be proved wrong.
    Any takeover should be seen as a great opportunity for a completely fresh start in my opinion. Murray should step aside.
  • Options
    Dickplumb and LenGlover. It is 100% correct. I attended a Q and A with Parky at Bromleyaddicts and Parky said it himself. Despite what some people think of Parky, I have a lot of respect for Parky for that.
  • Options
    Rudders22 said:

Dickplumb and LenGlover. It is 100% correct. I attended a Q and A with Parky at Bromleyaddicts and Parky said it himself. Despite what some people think of Parky, I have a lot of respect for Parky for that.

Didn't he offer to do that knowing that he was going to repaid within days ...... & was ?
  • Options

Rudders22 said:

Didn't he offer to do that knowing that he was going to repaid within days ...... & was ?
    & lets face it, it was Gary Borrowdale, can only have been about 50quid a week surely ? :smile:
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

LenGlover said:

Very interesting.

No allegedly, Murray said it at the EGM. He also said that Parky was the best Manager he had worked with, that was including Curbs.

He also said Parky would be judged on results we all know how thay worked out.

Lying ******.
  • Options
    KR has managed to raise his own personal Stock level since joining. Us and Is doing an ok job , I still don’t like the fella but hats off to him
    By saying this about RD he is orchestrating distance and his own career

RD is just a cnut

RM is still not to be trusted his own frailties and ego has us where we are today his decision making and attitude has cost us the opportunity to not have scum like Meire and keohone and two shit chalets anywahere near the club

The fact he wanted to sell to the Sainsbury’s mug and he really wanted to do it regardless of knowing he was a fraud tells you everything you need to know about his last ten yr legacy
  • Options

He did, and we have ..... Leon Best.
    RD told him to get the"best"striker. Oh dear.