Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton v Portsmouth | Sat 09 Dec | 3pm KO | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Options
    Two sides who should not be as low as League 1. Only there because of poor owners. Pompey a good side but think another nervy stoppage time unless we get a less second winner. 2-1 home win.
  • Options
    Tomorrow it’s all about history. If Roland had any integrity, decency or even interest it would be the top of his agenda to attend, we all know it’s not. As for Daisy how does she have the front to be there ( I am sure she will attend) when the whole day is about the club and it’s HISTORY.
  • Options
    Heart says 0-0
    Head says 0-0
  • Options
    Think it might be 1-1

I hate Roland as much as anyone on here but tomorrow is special

Get behind the boys even if you do have to buy a ticket through gritted teeth
  • Options
    So sad that 25 years on we are worse off than back then? Hope for a win but those injuries...small squad...1-0 Portsmouth and we all go home feeling very flat.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

So sad that 25 years on we are worse off than back then? Hope for a win but those injuries...small squad...1-0 Portsmouth and we all go home feeling very flat.

Why are we worse off than back then ?
    We’ve got a bigger and better stadium than we had back then
    We’ve got more fans than we had back then
    Back then we’d just sold our best player (and the one that would have meant we would have probably got promotion that season) in order to get back to the Valley (who knows, but we cane close the to the playoffs the season before and back at the Valley could have made a huge difference) . We haven’t sold our best player in this squad.
  • Options

Back then we’d just sold our best player (and the one that would have meant we would have probably got promotion that season) in order to get back to the Valley (who knows, but we cane close the to the playoffs the season before and back at the Valley could have made a huge difference) . We haven’t sold our best player in this squad.
    It's not January yet.
  • Options

Southbank said:

If either Clarke or Reeves is fit they should play. For the past few games we have had a gaping hole in central midfield, forcing us to either play back or down the wings. Even Aribo would be an option if the other two are not fit.

Except Karl will probably stick one of them on the right and Holmes down the middle.
    Possibly, and part of the rationale might be that the runs down the left haven't produced much joy recently.
    Personally I'd keep him on the left, but get him to cut back inside more often, or vary the crosses a bit. A lot of teams seems to have sussed us out.
  • Options

It's not January yet.
    It wasn’t january back then either
  • Options

We're a division lower
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JamesSeed said:

Southbank said:

If either Clarke or Reeves is fit they should play. For the past few games we have had a gaping hole in central midfield, forcing us to either play back or down the wings. Even Aribo would be an option if the other two are not fit.

Except Karl will probably stick one of them on the right and Holmes down the middle.
    Possibly, and part of the rationale might be that the runs down the left haven't produced much joy recently.
    Personally I'd keep him on the left, but get him to cut back inside more often, or vary the crosses a bit. A lot of teams seems to have sussed us out.
    I think last game they had identified a weakness down the left. The attacks down that side produced the highest number of crosses I think I have ever witnessed to the point I was bored by the tactic. Unfortunately they were crap crosses.
    However, they were doubling up on Homes and blocked off the option of cutting in. When KAG came on he exploited the gaps and changed the game.

If Billy is back in the centre it would give us a better balance and in theory a team would not be able to spare three men to cover DaSilva and Homes which would give more space, and if they did, Billy is equipped to exploit it.

That was them though. I have no idea where or if Portsmouth have weaknesses.
  • Options
    Can’t make today.
    2-1 Holmes and KAG

Have a great day chaps and girls.
  • Options
    I take it there are no pitch worries, I get my train to London at 11-00.
  • Options
    Our supporters did a great thing by getting back to the Valley. Those of us who were around at the time know how great the feeling was of being all together behind a succesful enterprise and how that energy helped to take the club to the Premier League.
    If we succeed in driving Duchatelet out, we could harness the energy again to create a similar impetus for the club in 2018. I hope we get a chance today to remind Duchatelet that he is not wanted here.
  • Options
    I trust the pitch is ok ? I’m on Dartford heath with my dog (NB not dogging!) and it’s frozen solid.
  • Options

Despite everything that had gone on we were 2nd tier then. Now we are 3rd and likely to stay 3rd tier.
  • Options
    We just don't seem to be able to put in a decent performance on the big occasions in recent years, 1-1, Jackson with a late equaliser.
  • Options
    redman said:

Despite everything that had gone on we were 2nd tier then. Now we are 3rd and likely to stay 3rd tier.
    If we are a bigger club overall now than we were 25 years ago despite being in a division below then we must be in a comparatively better shape...onwards and upwards
  • Options
    Flash Scores has just said that the match is postponed - I assume that's a mistake ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Be interesting to see who does Kashi's role. Will they do the triangle passes or will they be more like Andy Hughes was in the games he sat in front of the back four a few years ago. Looking forward to this game. Bit of atmosphere, early Charlton goal and it could be a cracker.
  • Options

We haven’t sold our best player in this squad.
    Only cause we can't find him...
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Flash Scores has just said that the match is postponed - I assume that's a mistake ?

Same, it gave me a little scare but yes, it must be a mistake.
  • Options
    Just popped up on my phone that the game is off ??
  • Options
    Nothing on the OS or Twitter, must be a mistake - Flash scores does that sort of stuff from time to time.
  • Options
    Someone on Facebook saying it's off too
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Club say 100% on. No postponement
  • Options
    Thought we hadn't turned those bloody heaters on again !
  • Options
    Apparently is was some idiot Pompey fan who set up a fake twitter account to say it was off . Flash Scores believe it. Who’s running that company? Shoddy