Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Balloons for Portsmouth

1235»

Comments

• Options

As if you melts have actually got it cancelled. Christ almighty.

Nothing like a sore loser.
    To be honest I don’t particularly care, I don’t really agree with it cancelled but i won’t miss it, the free ‘lol’s were too much to pass up.
  • Options

Seems a lot of people congratulations Charlton on the twitter thread. I imagine 0.00% of the people praising Charlton will actively start putting finances into the club.

It's a shame people complaining didn't provide an alternative to releasing balloons.

Sorry but I hate all this corporate "if you bring a problem, bring a solution" tush. Those pointing out that gas-filled balloons are a no-go today aren't obliged to give us an alternative. The point is we shouldn't be doing it, which is why they have scrapped the idea. I notice you didn't bring an alternative idea :)@justsayinglike.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Who were the first team to use Ballons? Nigel in the 1990 semi final? No thanks.
  • Options

Who were the first team to use gallons? Nigel in the 1990 semi final? No thanks.

I don't think the Nigels have ever used gallons, half pints of shandy at best, I'd have thought.
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Cool. Good on them. I promise all of you that you will be just fine without the release of balloons.

@SDAddick , will you be watching live on the no-balloons-released-here stream?
  • Options
    edited December 2017

I take it those moaning about something so pathetic recycle 100% of their waste, cycle everywhere and have never been on a plane/car/fuel using vehicle in their entire lives. God forbid anyone ever pulls out a party popper around you too.

@clb74

You've got to start somewhere. Let's not look like dinosaurs.
  • Options

Redrobo said:

CAFCfan, you make a good point, but other than bitching on here what have you actually done about it?

I am a miserably old git, but nothing pisses me off more than people who just complain, do nothing, and offer no alternative ideas

Cafcfan can speak for himself but in my opinion NOT releasing any balloons would be a good first step. Meaningless spectacle. Something more appropriate to the occasion would be reducing the prices to fill the ground, and signing the Valley over to the Supporters Trust in advance of a sale of the club.
    So, you think it's right for protesters to get into the biggest game of the season cheaper than season ticket holders?

That seems really fair...
    Season ticket holders already get a much reduced rate per game. I'd be up for that rate to be applied for ticket prices for this particular game, yes. Seems like a good idea.
  • Options

SDAddick said:

Cool. Good on them. I promise all of you that you will be just fine without the release of balloons.

@SDAddick , will you be watching live on the no-balloons-released-here stream?
    Oh no I myself am still going to release 100 balloons to celebrate. None of this namby pamby lefty eco nonsense for me!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Oh deary deary me some people have had a right mare here.

I thought it was only toddlers that got upset when their balloons got taken away.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    RedChaser said:

C'mon Paulie say Solly to Henry, he only stutters when he gets really upset, I mean fancy mentioning the 'C' word :wink:

@Henry Irving What you lot are forgetting is that cardigans are cool.

Aren't they??
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I take it those moaning about something so pathetic recycle 100% of their waste, cycle everywhere and have never been on a plane/car/fuel using vehicle in their entire lives. God forbid anyone ever pulls out a party popper around you too.

@clb74

Ok in this day and age 2017 Is there a medical reason we need to eat meat.
    If there isn't why do we continue to eat meat.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

@clb74

what and let all those animals free rein to walk around taking the piss?! i say eat em.
  • Options
    clb74 said:

JamesSeed said:

@clb74

Yes. If there are too many animals around they'll run out of food.
  • Options
    Glad it's been cancelled. I'm not a particularly big environmentalist, but it's clearly an issue.
  • Options
    Bob says no to balloons
  • Options
    Saw the headline for this thread a couple of days ago and wasn't entirely sure how on Earth a discussion on the topic for multiple pages - and I didn't fancy checking in to find out.

Now that I have I'm glad I did - Only at Charlton!