Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Checkatrade Trophy (Pg 4 - 2018/19 draw)

Comments

• Options

Oggy Red said:

MrLargo said:

7,940 so if stoke did take 4,000 more away fans for an under 23 team than hime fans 1st team
    I know a fair few Vale ST holders and regular away travellers and Stoke haters and none of them went, which personally I found very weird.
    I wouldn't go and watch our first team play Palace or Millwall's U21s in this entirely pointless competition.
    You wouldn't have to. Bowyer would make 9 changes and play the kids.

I'm pretty sure they didn't go to watch their youngsters.
    Not many of us Charlton do either.

• Options
    Scoham said:
    Police investigating "despicable disorder" at a football derby have released a video of suspects destroying a toilet block.

The footage shows men chanting, damaging sinks and smashing windows at the match between Port Vale and Stoke City Under-21s at Vale Park on Tuesday night.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-46464948
  • Options
    edited December 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46451780

The 11 people arrested were all from the north of Staffordshire, aged between 18 and 61, and detained for a mixture of public order and violence offences.
    61!!

Fucking hell. Chill out Grandad.

No, it wasn't me.
  • Options
    clive said:

Scoham said:
    Police investigating "despicable disorder" at a football derby have released a video of suspects destroying a toilet block.

The footage shows men chanting, damaging sinks and smashing windows at the match between Port Vale and Stoke City Under-21s at Vale Park on Tuesday night.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-stoke-staffordshire-46464948
    Fucking scum, I bet their grandparents are looking down thinking why did I bother to go to war for to make the world a better place for you.

Shameful.
  • Options

Stoke have taken over 4k fans to Port Vale tonight for their derby match...........and are currently watching their U23s lose 3-0 at half time.

Passion in football went 15+ years ago.

This game brought out the passion that Sky fans will NEVER understand.
  • Options

Apparently asked for more tickets but it would've meant opening another stand and the police wouldn't let them. Crazy for their U23s in this shit cup, but seemingly it's been so long since the 2 sides played that most fans under 30 have never even seen them play each other.

I take it you do not have the faintest idea of the rivalry between the two clubs.
  • Options

7,940 so if stoke did take 4,000 more away fans for an under 23 team than hime fans 1st team
    I know a fair few Vale ST holders and regular away travellers and Stoke haters and none of them went, which personally I found very weird.
    This is one of the top 20 rivalries in the country, easily.

• Options

No real surprise it kicked off. 4k Stoke fans didn't go there because they were really interested to see their youth team playing.

From what i've read there was trouble before, during and after the game. Bottles, seats, flares etc all thrown onto the pitch. Stewards injured, a pub smashed up, a Port vale scorer hit with a bottle, riot police wading into the away fans after the game.

Quiet night.

The dislike is in equal measures.
  • Options
    Just been reading a stoke forum.

Fans on there saying what do the police expect its a derby game, this kind of thing happens, they should have been prepared for it and seem surprised that its in the news, saying this kind of thing happens at the Sheffield derby or Glasgow derby and its never in the news(sounding like Liverpool fans now)

WTF how is that an excuse
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Clips on YouTube showing Stoke fans jumping up and down on car roofs after the game.
  • Options

Apparently asked for more tickets but it would've meant opening another stand and the police wouldn't let them. Crazy for their U23s in this shit cup, but seemingly it's been so long since the 2 sides played that most fans under 30 have never even seen them play each other.

I take it you do not have the faintest idea of the rivalry between the two clubs.
    I'm well aware that Stoke and Port vale hate each other.

More surprised that Stoke fans bothered turning up for an under 21 game in the Checkatrade. Port vale certainly weren't bothered as they had less than 4k home fans at the game.
  • Options
    It was been the reason for keeping Newcastle and Sunderland apart in the Group Stages of the competition though
  • Options

I'm well aware that Stoke and Port vale hate each other.

More surprised that Stoke fans bothered turning up for an under 21 game in the Checkatrade. Port vale certainly weren't bothered as they had less than 4k home fans at the game.
    Port Vale would have had about 400 if they were playing any other team.
  • Options

It was been the reason for keeping Newcastle and Sunderland apart in the Group Stages of the competition though

Well they've not been kept apart any longer.

Sunderland v Newcastle U21 is the key draw from the next round - Guess this'll be Port Vale v Stoke P2
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46897173

Man City complaining to the Football League. The quarter final of the Checkatrade Trophy is 24 hours apart from the second leg with Burton.

Guardiola wants to play a team of youngsters in both and thus wants the Checkatrade game rearranged but the EFL have refused to change the date.
  • Options
    I do wonder if this competition will become a virtual competition soon. More people who would probably watch if two fans played each at FIFA2019 online.
  • Options

Man City complaining to the Football League. The quarter final of the Checkatrade Trophy is 24 hours apart from the second leg with Burton.

Guardiola wants to play a team of youngsters in both and thus wants the Checkatrade game rearranged but the EFL have refused to change the date.

They probably have enough youngsters to play two different teams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Wins for Sunderland and Pompey means more games and as the lure of Wembley gets closer, the temptation/necessity to field a full strength side becomes bigger. Hopefully they avoid each other in the semi's and the cup run distracts them both.

this also pompey home tie in fa cup against a beatable qpr so will likely field a strong team and have luton away on tuesday, can only be good news for us but we have to get the win saturday
  • Options
    Oxford played what seemed to be a first team side last night, Henry and Carruthers played.

Still lost.

Glad we are out of it.
  • Options

Wins for Sunderland and Pompey means more games and as the lure of Wembley gets closer, the temptation/necessity to field a full strength side becomes bigger. Hopefully they avoid each other in the semi's and the cup run distracts them both.

Is it not regionalised? so they will 100% avoid each other.
  • Options

No from the quarters onwards it's an open draw
  • Options

No from the quarters onwards it's an open draw
    Cheers, shows the interest I show in it haha.
  • Options

Man City could put out their U16s this evening and still go through. He needs to suck it up and get on with it.
  • Options
    a midweek slog up to sunderland for pompey and vice versa would do well
  • Options
    edited January 2019

a midweek slog up to sunderland for pompey and vice versa would do well

They will both still bring 3,000 to the away game.
  • Options
    Bury v Portsmouth
    Bristol R v Sunderland

Great news, hopefully our rivals both get to Wembley, giving them both 2 more games to play.
  • Options
    Disappointed that Pompey won last night. Not because of the extra game they have to play but simply because a Portsmouth v Sunderland final is probably about as big a final as you can get in this competition in terms of support.

Having them 2 in the final (assuming Sunderland win their semi final), actually redeems the competition in the eyes of the sponsors and organisers and Wembley might even sell out for it.

Was hoping for a totally shit Bristol Rovers v Bury final.