Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Checkatrade Trophy (Pg 4 - 2018/19 draw)

Comments

• Stig said:

Ever since we won the Stayen Cup it's been my ambition to see Charlton in a proper cup final. Why wouldn't I go?

You will never top the Stayen Cup.
    I preferred The People's Cup.

https://youtu.be/tKmreEtDo4E
  • I have never been to a check shirt cup tie and I never will and that includes Wembley should we get there.
    This is a competition for the two lowest leagues plus a few junior sides.
    The fact that we are in this competition embarrasses me and shows just how well we have been run under our current owner.
    Should we reach Wembley I will not be going.

JUST SELL THE CLUB
  • edited December 2017
    Chelsea taken it seriously
    Batshuayi starting and scored twice
  • Chelsea 4-0 up
  • The draw is on Friday on talkSPORT at 12:30.
  • edited December 2017
    Its not under 21 its under 23 and i believe under 23 teams are allowed 3 players over 23 in the matchday squad.

Hamer
    Dragovic
    Ulloa
  • Rochdale, Bury, Oldham, Fleetwood, Lincoln, Shrewsbury, Leicester U21s, Blackpool

Portsmouth, Oxford, Luton, Charlton, Forest Green, Yeovil, Chelsea U21s, Peterborough
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    Checkatrade is not a patch on the people’s cup, elite winners of that we are ( in my best yoda voice).
  • Is Gary Lineker hosting the draw?
  • its the way footballs going the prem get whatever they want and championship and below can fuck off, more of a reason i'm pissed off at our fa cup shenanigans.

within 10 years it will be the same clubs in the prem every season and the 3 that go down will come straight back up, it is starting to filter down to the champ, wolves have basically bought the league this season.

palace although the cringiest cnuts ever, there amf ( against modern football ) stance is very good.
  • Why do people keep saying under 21's when its under 23's
  • According to the results page on the BBC it is under 21's, not under 23's??

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scores-fixtures/2017-12-06
  • Undet 21s dont even exist anymore.

Its under 23's in the development leagur then under 18s
  • edited December 2017
    "Each Invited Club must ensure that in each Match at least 6 of the starting eleven players named on the Team Sheet are players who were aged under 21 as at the 30th June in the year in which the Season concerned commenced."

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/checkatrade-trophy/about-checkatrade/rules--regulations/
  • edit not a free draw is based on geographical location.

Checkatrade Trophy Round Two is complete, and now it's all eyes – and ears – on the Round Three draw, which will be broadcast live on talkSPORT on Friday 8th December at 12:30pm.

Over the course of the past week, 16 teams across the Northern and Southern sections have booked their place in the third round, and the ball numbers can now be revealed.

Four ties in each section will be drawn out, and are scheduled to take place the week commencing 8th January 2018.

draw live on talksport 12.30

runners and riders below

1. Charlton athletic
    2. Chelsea u21 LOL
    3. forest green rovers
    4. Luton town
    5. oxford united
    6. Peterborough united
    7. pompey
    8. Yeovil town

looking at the fixtures this game will be sandwiched between;

oldham home and bury away ( 2 games where we could really pick up 3 points in each )
  • Sponsored links:

• Yeovil please
  • Forest Green/Luton away please
  • Bound to get Pompey again!
  • Yeovil or Forest Green at home.

Chelsea are taking the piss, Luton are on fire and scoring for fun at the moment and Oxford, Pompey & Peterborough are all capable of turning us over.
  • edited December 2017
    A few questions :

1) Whens the draw for the next round of the cup?

2) Is it live in Thailand in the middle of the night?

3) Will anyone be watching?
  • A few questions :

1) Whens the draw for the next round of the cup?
    12.30pm tomorrow

2) Is it live in Thailand in the middle of the night?
    on talksport

3) Will anyone be watching?

will be listening
  • Undet 21s dont even exist anymore.

There are all sorts of age limits for all sorts of different competitions. Are you saying that the UEFA U19 Youth League (which mirrors the teams in the Champions League but at a junior level) doesn't exist because there are no U19 leagues in England?
  • cafcfan said:

Undet 21s dont even exist anymore.

There are all sorts of age limits for all sorts of different competitions. Are you saying that the UEFA U19 Youth League (which mirrors the teams in the Champions League but at a junior level) doesn't exist because there are no U19 leagues in England?
    No i am saying english team dont have under 21 teams anymore, it was changed to under 23s in the development league, and those are the teams that were invited to play in the Checkatrade trophy.
  • When is the draw please

What time are you free?
  • cafcfan said:

Undet 21s dont even exist anymore.

No i am saying english team dont have under 21 teams anymore, it was changed to under 23s in the development league, and those are the teams that were invited to play in the Checkatrade trophy.
    But regardless the ELF insist it is U21s and told all the clubs (Olly posted this on here) to refer to U21 not U23.

It's a nonsense but so is the whole format now.