Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton vs Swansea U21's(or U23's who knows) Match Thread 7PM Kick-Off

124»

Comments

• Options
    Now I get why we deliberately got knocked out of the FA Cup.

Wouldn't have wanted more than one trip to Wembley...boring.
  • Options

how many rounds left until the final?

Next round is 16 teams, then quarters and semi final.
  • Options
    Whelmed.
  • Options

Woohoo! Last 16 here we come.

Draw is no longer regionalised from this round onward.

Having just played Swansea (which is technically in another country) I would have to say that any team we play will be closer........ :smile:
  • Options

how many rounds left until the final?

Before the regions merge?
  • Options

Was it before? How are Swansea in the same region as us? It's a different fecking country!
  • Options
    Don't get carried away thinking of Wembley. There will be some teams taking it much more seriously and putting 1st teams out.
  • Options

Having just played Swansea (which is technically in another country) I would have to say that any team we play will be closer........ :smile:

Was it before? How are Swansea in the same region as us? It's a different fecking country!
    Dammit beaten by a minute.
  • Options

Both in the south, I guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sheffield is probably closer than Swansea haha
  • Options

Nicholas said:

Sorry just see it on Bet365 1-1

You are annoying me now haha. One person on here will be running around his living room in celebration at that
    Running round the Museum, you mean.
    Cracked that gag an hour earlier and got bugger all response!

Shocking ...
    It's the way I tell 'em.
  • Options
    Leuth said:

Sheffield is probably closer than Swansea haha

Just checked this on Google Maps and I'm right!
  • Options
    Can’t wait to see who we get in the draw, would love a big local derby v Palace U23’s.
  • Options
    2 more for wembley ?
  • Options
    I still think the competition overall is meaningless, but you can't argue that these games have probably been good for us this season. The way the timings have worked out we've been able to give game time to players like Sarr, Marshall, Reeves, Best, Pearce and Lennon to help them play back to fitness/form as well as give good experience to some young players and hopefully help them build confidence so they are better readied for proper first team action. I don't care if we win the competition or not (but certainly no harm done if we do), but I think there is value for the club in playing as many of these matches as we can, and winning is a habit you want to see permeating throughout the club at all levels.

As shown tonight, if there comes the point that the extra games become too much of a burden because you already have injuries and suspensions then just stick out a bare bones team of youngsters and what happens happens with no real repercussions.
  • Options
    Are the semi finals played at Wembley like the FA Cup?
  • Options
    My moral opposition to this cup since they added B teams is disappearing more and more the closer we get to Wembley.

I am fine with being a hypocrite. :smiley:
  • Options
    All aboard the fickle bus!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thanks all
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!