Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Political Party Formed in Belgium Against Roland (by Charlton Fans)

Comments

• Options

Would expect nothing less from the stupid old goat.

Is he right about the need to get 35 signatures from Sint Truiden inhabitants in order to stand in the election?

Well not according to Vlanderenkiest.

There are 33 council seats up for grabs and ROT, like any other party, can have up to 33 candidates on their list.

Ok, thanks. So he is implying one would need to field 35 (33?) candidates.

• Options
    90%. He really is pathetic. Always says the first thing that comes into his head. And expects people to believe it.

Compulsive bullshitter just like his 'Brilliant' Katrien.
  • Options

Is he right about the need to get 35 signatures from Sint Truiden inhabitants in order to stand in the election?

There are 33 council seats up for grabs and ROT, like any other party, can have up to 33 candidates on their list.

That's how I read it Weegie.

All candidates on the submitted list must be resident in ST. I think he's just got his numbers wrong
  • Options
    Well Done ROT.
    If one thing we know about the gnarled old scroat is that he doesn't like this sort of thing in his own backyard.
    And it proves what with the elections being next October, we ain't going away any time soon, so maybe his best course of action should be get the sale done sharpish.

Just Sell The Club
  • Options
    Well done all. Will wear my ROT badge with pride next to my rosette (if I get one) on Saturday.
  • Options
    edited December 2017

All candidates on the submitted list must be resident in ST. I think he's just got his numbers wrong
    To stand in a UK election you need to be nominated by a set number of local electors - it varies between type of election. I would think it’s quite likely to be the case in Belgium too. I assume that’s what he means.

It can be an onerous requirement because returning officers in the UK can be quite pedantic about signatures, names matching the register, etc, but it’s almost never a problem finding the people, even for fringe parties.

Whether you have to run a full list of candidates under the system in Belgium I don’t know.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

http://www.hbvl.be/cnt/dmf20171205_03227095/britse-voetbalfans-met-anti-duchateletpartij-naar-verkiezingen-in-sint-truiden

Google translate:

SINT-TRUIDEN - Fans of the British football club Charlton Athletic want to participate with their own party in the municipal elections in Sint-Truiden. The party will be called 'Roland Out Today' and its main goal is to get Roland Duchâtelet, the unpopular owner of the football club outside.
    According to the party's website, their raison d'être is "to get a suitable and healthy discussion, and to examine the influence of Duchâtelet in the past in Charlton and in Sint-Truiden." ROT wants to participate in the Truiense municipal elections on 14 October 2018 .

Roland Duchâtelet calls it "another nasty upsetting of a small group of ex-Charlton Athletic supporters. It is a small minority that can not find our policy, ninety percent of the supporters do. Incidentally, I think there is still a lot to be done before ROT 35 will find domiciled Truienaars to form a list and take part in the municipal elections. "

I love the idea that ROT want to take Roland "outside"!

" You, get your coat off, outside NOW".
    What is the equivalent of Makros car park in St Truiden? :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    bloody hell the lengths we have to go to so as to get rid of the old scroat.

can't we just have a whip round for a hit-man?*

* not a serious suggestion by the way if there are any hit-men reading this
  • Options

bloody hell the lengths we have to go to so as to get rid of the old scroat.

can't we just have a whip round for a hit-man?*

* not a serious suggestion by the way if unless there are any hit-men reading this

Typo
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Exactly Cecilia I mean the Valley Party over a quarter of a century ago were a complete waste of space weren't they. And of course Roland is a very reasonable man open to discussion on new player signings :smirk:
  • Options

I feel a bit poorly, can see an ashes thread illness coming on. And hope we win, my work deal is announced tomorrow and Roland’s deal is announced on the same day.

It’s work Christmas do tomorrow and I haven’t told the missus who is proper poorly and looked after my lad for the last two days while I’ve been away.

Going to have some relationship issues if I come home at 4am thirsday morning after a sick day tomorrow. Hey ho.

i've been off sick for past 3 days.
    Its apparently called Cupurnitis, as my 2 favourite sporting trophies have been selectively unraveled by ordinary opposition in the past 4 days. Every year about this time i get a annual virus called Cupitis, but luckily Urnitis only seems to be a quadrenial problem.
  • Options
    Don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing to bitch about her on a message board. Confront her in the comments.
  • Options

Don’t think it’s necessarily a good thing to bitch about her on a message board. Confront her in the comments.

I have cheers.
  • Options

I have cheers.
    Cool, just bitching about other charlton supporters on a message board is more like the day to day of a certain other ”charlton” message board
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Maybe ROT could have an alliance with the 'Piratenpartij ' - that sounds like fun, could dress up like Johnny Depp, and start singing old sea shantys and start blasting off with our blunderbusses.
  • Options
    She probably works for Pitch PR.
  • Options

Maybe ROT could have an alliance with the 'Piratenpartij ' - that sounds like fun, could dress up like Johnny Depp, and start singing old sea shantys and start blasting off with our blunderbusses.

Good idea, and perhaps Open VLD can form a coalition with Nief! - the Nonsense party.
  • Options
    96 lols
  • Options

Some strange comments from Cecelia on the CARD Facebook page

Cecilia, you're breaking my heart.

Put your hands up, you're surrounded
  • Options

To stand in a UK election you need to be nominated by a set number of local electors - it varies between type of election. I would think it’s quite likely to be the case in Belgium too. I assume that’s what he means.

It can be an onerous requirement because returning officers in the UK can be quite pedantic about signatures, names matching the register, etc, but it’s almost never a problem finding the people, even for fringe parties.

Whether you have to run a full list of candidates under the system in Belgium I don’t know.
    In the 2012 municipal election, the competing parties ran the following lists:

Open VLD 33 candidates (Duchâtelet won 1280 votes)
    N-VA 33 candidates
    Vlaams Belang 4 candidates
    Sp.a 33 candidates
    Groen 15 candidates
    CD&V 33 candidates
    S.T.V.l 5 candidates
    Neif! (Nonsense) 13 candidates
    Piratenpartij 1 candidate

Clearly ROT will not have to run a full list.

The following was a response to enquiries with Vlanderenkiest, regarding municipal elections in Limburg:

Dear sir

If you want to participate in a Flanders municipal election, you first have to be a voter. If you are not a Belgian citizen, you have to go to the city hall to be registered as a voter.........
    Is there nothing stopping me for registering to vote in the ST municipal elections, even as a non Belgian citizen?

Surely as an EU citizen, there would be nothing stopping me as long as I'm not registered to vote elsewhere for the municipal elections?

In which case, does anyone have the St Truiden Returning Officer's phone number?

• Options
    Addickted said:

In the 2012 municipal election, the competing parties ran the following lists:

Open VLD 33 candidates (Duchâtelet won 1280 votes)
    N-VA 33 candidates
    Vlaams Belang 4 candidates
    Sp.a 33 candidates
    Groen 15 candidates
    CD&V 33 candidates
    S.T.V.l 5 candidates
    Neif! (Nonsense) 13 candidates
    Piratenpartij 1 candidate

Clearly ROT will not have to run a full list.

The following was a response to enquiries with Vlanderenkiest, regarding municipal elections in Limburg:

Dear sir

If you want to participate in a Flanders municipal election, you first have to be a voter. If you are not a Belgian citizen, you have to go to the city hall to be registered as a voter.........
    Is there nothing stopping me for registering to vote in the ST municipal elections, even as a non Belgian citizen?

Surely as an EU citizen, there would be nothing stopping me as long as I'm not registered to vote elsewhere for the municipal elections?

In which case, does anyone have the St Truiden Returning Officer's phone number?

I think you’ll find there are qualifying criteria...