Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

AFC Wimbledon vs Charlton FA Cup 2nd rd: post match views

Comments

• Options
    Not overly fussed that we are out of the cup, more worried about the chances Magennis has missed this season. He will be the reason we fail to get promoted, no technique or quality infront of goal at all
  • Options
    I went to Scunthorpe last Saturday and I thought we played well at times only to lose to a couple of wonder goals.
    Yesterday we had far to many players not performing at their best.
    Sarr and Konsa do not look a good pairing we need Pearce back asap to organise the back four.
    Marshall still flatters to deceive and at the moment doesn't look as good as Fosu.
    Magennis looked awful yesterday and missed another easy chance. He badly needs a rest.

Lets hope a few players return for Portsmouth and Karl can get a result to get us back on track.
  • Options
    Why is it that so many of our players ‘badly need a rest’? One game a week since September. Or in Reeves ‘s case 4 games in 6 months.
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    If United chelsea arsenal play a weak side they get pelters yet we just simply don’t turn up but it’s okay because we can concentrate on the league
  • Options
    2 sides to every coin. Yes, a cup run breeds confidence & winning is a habit BUT we have a very thin squad & more games might mean more injuries....it also means more postponed league games & then playing catch up for the rest of thd season. I'm not defending Magennis but I doubt if there are any other main strikers in this league (or any other) that has had to play every minute of every game - he doesn't even get the luxury of being subbed with 10 mins to go, but KAG did & he's hardly played this season. Yesrerfay's substitution should have been Best for Magennis.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The defending from Konsa for the first goal is absolute school boy stuff. Shocking miss from Mag aswel. Honestly think our season could fall apart in the next 6 weeks. Al though we haven't lost many recently , we haven't looked that good have we , and a few injuries to key players will massively effect us
  • Options

Another reason which is good we are out of the cup is that if. We get a big home tye say man city at home and it's on the telly. Then Roland gets more money in his back pocket.

All academic but I'd be happy if we had a big draw at home, regardless where the income went.
  • Options
    Why does Magennis play every possible minute? He’s never subbed let alone left out of the starting eleven. Why put Dodoo on the bench when he’ll never come on? Why only 6 subs? A youngster could have had a taste of first team experience. KAG looks most likely to chances ( 2 in 2 ) so he’s got to start. Unless things dramatically improve we’ll be out of the playoffs come January. That’s not being negative, just realistic!
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    Phil said:

Why does Magennis play every possible minute? He’s never subbed let alone left out of the starting eleven. Why put Dodoo on the bench when he’ll never come on? Why only 6 subs? A youngster could have had a taste of first team experience. KAG looks most likely to chances ( 2 in 2 ) so he’s got to start. Unless things dramatically improve we’ll be out of the playoffs come January. That’s not being negative, just realistic!

Because he's important to help defend set-pieces, I think.

Presumably Lennon came on very late yesterday so that he could be one of the qualifying players at Swansea.
  • Options
    Phil said:

I was wondering about that, did someone pull out at the last minute as it seemed odd not to have another body on the bench, even for the experience of listening to Robinson shouting at the players and officials
  • Options
    Watching the goals back I thought Dijksteel was fouled for the penalty. The attacker took his legs away.
    For the first goal Konsa should have cleared it, but I've noticed Amos is often a bit slow to come off his line.

For their second goal, the linesman was flagging, but the ref played on. Perhaps a couple of our players stopped playing momentarily. Bit blinkin' stoopid of them really.
  • Options
    First FA cup match I have attended since Sheffield United in the QF.

Yesterday was very poor, and probably least enjoyable match I have attended in a long time.

Only positives which I can think off; KAG scoring again & Harry Lennon's goal.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think we had a chance after going to 2-
    1 down. The lack of fight in the second half was concerning.

Another big miss from Josh, I can't remember Leon Best doing much after he came on.
  • Options
    I said it last season but i mean it this time, I am never going to that place again.

Awful Awful place.
  • Options
    Since the great win away at Bradford in late October, reality has set in.
    We all knew that the squad lacked depth and once injuries started to happen the weaknesses would start to show.
    Well know the weaknesses are really apparent. We are struggling to score, conceding silly goals and generally looking average, unfortunately not a team that is good enough for promotion.

Obviously Roland must shoulder most blame for not reinvesting some of the Lookman money back into the team, but having said that Robinson was given funds in the summer, which enabled him to bring in Fosu, Reeves, Clarke and Marshall. The obvious glaring omission was the failure to have a second decent forward in the squad.
    I don’t know what exactly happened with Novak but he if he was looking to leave and move back up north Robinson would have known this and should have had a contingency plan in place.
    His failure to address the Novak situation and failing to bring in a suitable replacement has forced Magennis to play as a lone striker, a role he is clearly not good at.

I am depressed about the situation and I don’t think that we are not good enough to even make the play offs. Sadly I cannot see any light on the horizon, just more doom and gloom!
  • Options
    Absolute dump of a ground with the biggest bunch of c**ty stewards you will ever see. They were doing their upmost best to cause agro for some reason. Every season they are the same.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Posting without going, reading any previous comments or watching any highlights ... is anyone remotely surprised we lost. We don’t do cups. The number of ‘cup’ runs we’ve had over the last 50 years you can count on 2 hands. Would much prefer that we beat them in the league just to give us a shot of getting out of this goddam league
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

Absolute dump of a ground with the biggest bunch of c**ty stewards you will ever see. They were doing their upmost best to cause agro for some reason. Every season they are the same.

I can't speak for everyone, but from what I saw & heard is was 6 of one & half a dozen of the other. There were a number of blokes that came in just as we kicked-off & made a point of arguing with the steward in front of us as he wouldn't let them stand where the wanted to, ie at the front in the yellow hatched area. Also another steward took some banter with good humour - always good & bad on both sides.

It is a nightmare of a ground. The rake of the terrace only goes up about 6 or 7 steps and away fans only get half of one side. Saying that, Me & Golfie Jnr managed to get a half decent view, and at least could see both goalmouths very clearly...........although after 80 mins we wished we hadn't
  • Options

We all knew that the squad lacked depth and once injuries started to happen the weaknesses would start to show.
    Well know the weaknesses are really apparent. We are struggling to score, conceding silly goals and generally looking average, unfortunately not a team that is good enough for promotion.

Obviously Roland must shoulder most blame for not reinvesting some of the Lookman money back into the team, but having said that Robinson was given funds in the summer, which enabled him to bring in Fosu, Reeves, Clarke and Marshall. The obvious glaring omission was the failure to have a second decent forward in the squad.
    I don’t know what exactly happened with Novak but he if he was looking to leave and move back up north Robinson would have known this and should have had a contingency plan in place.
    His failure to address the Novak situation and failing to bring in a suitable replacement has forced Magennis to play as a lone striker, a role he is clearly not good at.

I am depressed about the situation and I don’t think that we are not good enough to even make the play offs. Sadly I cannot see any light on the horizon, just more doom and gloom!

One good win and you'll be fine ;-)
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

I hope that you are correct.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Lets hope it's against Portsmouth we could all do with a bit of a lift.
  • Options
    That game was the 3 S’s.

Shit draw.
    Shit performance.
    Shit result.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I could do with a lift.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

I could do with a lift.
    Don't worry elfs I'll carry you mate
  • Options
    Wimbledon drawn away to Spurs!
  • Options
    Only a trip to Wembley. Well done boys, well done