Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

POLL: YOU and the 1992 / 2017 Portsmouth games

Comments

• Options
    B - Attended 92 game and attending 17 game
    Was there in 92 (with my Dad), he is no longer with us but I will be there Saturday and am sure he will be there in spirit too.
  • Options
    A - Attended 92 game but won't be at 17 game
    Was at 92 game but will not attend 17 game. ( Unless Roland sells in next 5 days.)

In 92, I was in the Jimmy Seed stand with Redrobo of this parish.
  • Options
    Mametz said:

Was at 92 game but will not attend 17 game. ( Unless Roland sells in next 5 days.)

In 92, I was in the Jimmy Seed stand with Redrobo of this parish.

Hustle Bustle.
  • Options
    I was there and my Pompey mate was in the away ‘end’ in 92. We are both set to go to the match Saturday.
  • Options
    Remember walking from Woolwich ( I was 24 years old ) . The game was pretty poor but the feeling of being back at the Valley was amazing.
  • Options
    Was at 92 game with my cousin Bruno. Unfortunately he passed away last week. I remember sitting at the back of F block in covered end. Was 10 year VIP. Had all bought the two 5 year VIPs after. Don’t have season ticket anymore. Hopefully will purchase one for rest of season if we get some positive news in the next couple of weeks. Will go to 17 game as Charlton and this game is bigger than Roland will ever be.
  • Options
    Was there in body only in 92. Was hammered. Will be there Saturday as well.
  • Options
    I was there in 92 but a bit far to travel for 2017 (unfortunately)
  • Options
    It’s ok, bro. I’ll be there to represent ;)
  • Options
    B for me. Have not asked the other 2 I went with yet but would imagine it is likely they will both want to go again if they are about. May even have an additional one or two with us. We all bought season tickets back then and kept them all the way through to the season before last.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This was my first ever game at five years old. It'll be my second home game of the season this year.
  • Options
    I’m manfully boycotting giving RD any of my money (a lot easier living overseas I agree) and have only done away games past 2 seasons. Yet I really wanted to go on Saturday but I’m just not able to get back. Mind you in past years I would have probably ignored work and the missus and still have made it work.
  • Options
    My brother & I were both there in the South Stand in 1992, the reason we brought season tickets back in 1990. I will be there in 2017, my brother is in Auckland NZ wont be able to make it.
  • Options
    In 92 sat with my late Dad in the West one line away from the Pompey fans who had been given a section at the endow the stand. Hairy at times, but what a day.

• Options
    It's forecast to be bitterly cold on Saturday with an overnight frost on Friday night - any idea if the undersoil heating can be switched on? If not wonder if they have an alternative plan if required?
  • Options
    B - Attended 92 game and attending 17 game.

Difference is that on Saturday will be bringing my Grandchildren!
  • Options

B. I think I have the set...1st and last games at Selhurst, Upton PK plus last Valley game in'85

I thought you were old enough to have been at the first game at The Valley, too.
  • Options
    Sark99 said:

My brother & I were both there in the South Stand in 1992, the reason we brought season tickets back in 1990. I will be there in 2017, my brother is in Auckland NZ wont be able to make it.

These fair weather supporters, eh? No commitment.
  • Options
    D- Wasn't at 92 game but will be attending 17 game
    Didn't start going until 95 but will definitely be there on Sat. I've bought (well we went halves) my girlfriend a ticket too and so along with my grandad will be 3 more people going on Sat that didn't go in 92.
  • Options
    I'll always be there, health & weddings permitting.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    B. Yes was in attendance and will be again
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    A Breaks my heart not to be there but #BoycottContinues
  • Options
    Was there in the South stand in 92 but obviously wont be there this time and probably wouldnt be there even if I could to be fair, its just wouldnt feel right.
  • Options
    TEL said:

Was there in the South stand in 92 but obviously wont be there this time and probably wouldnt be there even if I could to be fair, its just wouldnt feel right.

Too right, the south stand will be full of Portsmouth fans this time...
  • Options
    A - I didn't have a ticket for 92 so lurked in Charlton Church Lane asking passers-by if they had a spare one. To my delight, one did, in the South Stand. As others have said, it was a very emotional day for those of us who had gone through the mill. Graham Tutt was in goal for my first game, I'd been one of those waiting in the rain outside Woolwich Town Hall for the decision to return, journeys to Selhurst And Upton Parks under annual season tickets, and had been on the East Terrace clearing away the small trees as part of the return so it was a very special day to be back at The Valley.

I am off to the Canaries for some winter sun on Friday so will miss the 2017 game. In hindsight, it would have been nice to be there but, to be honest, it would not compare to 1992 in any shape or form. I have a season ticket so will be there soon. In the meantime, I hope everyone there enjoys the day. What price is Walsh to score first? Whoever scores first, remember to shout out loud....."....and it becomes the perfect start".
  • Options
    C - Wasn't at 92 game and won't be at 17 game
    Would have been 4 for the first game and got my first season ticket when I was 6/7... Playing instead on Saturdays now so just turn up to see our dismal Tuesday night (and Sunday) performances :disappointed:

Would love to be there, but am on a KAG-esque* scoring streak at the mo!

*yes, 2 games
  • Options
    We were sat row f of the Jimmy Seed seats 5-12

Apart from my old man (RIP) we will all be there on Saturday.
  • Options
    Couldn't get a ticket in 92, can't be arsed in 17 even though I'm back in the area this weekend. Unless there's an announcement of course.
  • Options
    Was there in 92, will be there Saturday, hoping for a great result & day.
    One thing this regime can’t take away is our memories.
  • Options

Couldn't get a ticket in 92, can't be arsed in 17 even though I'm back in the area this weekend. Unless there's an announcement of course.

Ditto.